Why is the Ashenvale Buff not Boonable?

Whats the downside to adding it to the boonable list

The TLDR before they send you a wall of text is that there isn’t any. Blizzard just dropped the ball on this one and somehow didn’t forsee that min-maxxers would want to keep uptime of this buff to 100% if possible.

29 words = Wall of text.

You typed more words than I did.

Don’t care, didn’t ask.

Why does booning exist? So your buffs cant be dispelled before you enter the raid.

Well you cant dispel the drums out of someones inventory.

This is wrong, though, because some buffs like rend or DMF are not dispellable. The boon exists to prevent raid logging.

Its a once a week consume, sure, but if that is the only arguement against it, just have the turn in give you the buff immediately like DM N. Then youd be down to boon it, right?

Give me video evidence of a priest using dispel to remove an item out of a players inventory. I’ll wait.

They should just make it so you can acquire the drum a limitless number of times by taking part in the Ashenvale event. It makes no sense that you can only get it once a week.

Make the quest give rep once a week but make it infinitely repeatable. You can only hold one drum at a time. Problem solved.

1 Like

From the dev post itself. Boon exists so you don’t have to “stop playing to avoid wasting them”. That’s literally what you have to do with ashenvale buff now.

Yes, it’s been beaten a thousand times into the ground that you get a scroll. But any decent guild is going to get all BFD clears within that two hour window per week. So you’re still forced to avoid playing if you want to keep it, which goes against the exact thing they said.

Even more explanation

1 Like

Wish they would acknowledge this. Someone keep asking Aggrend about it on twitter, that’s the only way he’ll reply.

They should just stick this item on the Ashenvale vendor for like 5g and some WSG marks or something.

Doesn’t give a single damn about it. Only the bottom 1% performers need it, because they need their 40 dps players to do 42 dps.

Also, keep moving my goal post, show me where someone is dispelling this buff out of your inventory.

This is just a stupid take. Just because a guild or raid team might not care that you do it doesn’t mean that I personally don’t care. And yes - any top parsing guild absolutely requires you to raidlog with it (although they also require multiple characters for splits / cheese strats / etc so :tipping_hand_woman:

As it is, it just doesn’t make any logical sense to not be boonable. It doesn’t hurt anyone by being boonable, and it being boonable just means I can play the game more which they should want anyways

“KeEp MoViNg My GoAl PoSt” quit trying to “gotcha” people with fallacies. I never said anything about it not being able to be dispelled.

My point is with the logic they used for chronoboon, as posted above by a dev, it makes no sense for this to work any differently.

You’re right, stop being stupid. Nobody cares about your buffs.

Picking and snipping parts of my response to make yourself look correct in a vacuum doesn’t help your case.

I’m right, you’re wrong, neener neener.

You know, I’ve seen a lot of your posts on here and I thought they were pretty well thought out and accurate. Didn’t take you for a troll (though you are an orc tbf). Shame.

I’m just trolling about how people think they need world buffs to play the game.
They don’t, and chrono boon should be removed so I can go back to parking a priest outside raids to dispel their buffs.

to annoy you, and I’m glad it worked

The real raids will have a week lockout, its fine as is

1 Like

What you said is complete nonsense and trying to rebut something I never even said. I said dispelling was not the reason for boon, because some boonable buffs can’t be dispelled. You have no good comment so you reply with some childish logic that makes no sense.

The actual reason they have boon is clearly stated. People want to play the game but also have all the op buffs for raid.