Why is recrafting by personal order only?

I want to upgrade some gear but I cannot put the recraft request to public. It is personal only. Why? If the stupid game provided a list of crafters upon whom to inquire, maybe ok. I can spam trade channel all day and not get a response. As it is, this is beyond unacceptable.

Yet another game feature that is basically prohibited by poor design.

1 Like

alts for the win

They want people to have forced communication… who knows.

1 Like

Public orders are intended for players who don’t care about quality level of their items, and just want them crafted. Any recrafting, or specific stat allocation, embellishments etc were meant to be done on Personal or Guild crafts, where players could communicate with the crafter beforehand.

Here’s a blue post from Jan '23 explaining this. I don’t think they ever officially commented again this specifically, but if someone does have another, they can find it.

Stop playing on dead realms.

Also it’s not able to be public as you would have to wait till it was crafted for the piece back.

Presumably the devs decided that if you were “intentionally recrafting” something, then you are concerned about the quality of the result. Public orders are for items that you don’t care if you get a 1* or 5* result, so recrafts are not available for public orders because Blizz assumes you care about quality on recrafts.