Why is multiboxing allowed?

Wow you definitely have the most wrong idea about multiboxing I have ever seen in one of these threads. Good show!

Don’t know where you’ve been that you think multi-boxers haven’t disrupted zones and caused crashes. Don’t know where you’ve been that you think multi-boxers haven’t hijacked BGs. (To be fair Blizzard did eventually disallow /follow in battlegrounds).

And then there’s Prepared (not very bright but prolific) who got Delby auto banned by reporting him on all 60 of his characters. He’s not the only multi-boxer to harass people this way, either.

Crashes, lag, zone disruption, bans, BG shenanigans and all the other nonsense generated by multi-boxers may not have ever affected you personally, but it isn’t all about you.

1 Like

There’s no automation as there would be with a bot; the characters don’t eat, drink, fight, or move on their own. All inputs are of human origin. If they’re willing to shell out the money for all of their accounts, there’s really not a problem.

Don’t know where you’ve been to think that guilds haven’t done this exact same thing more often.

1 Like

Haven’t experienced lvl 60 MB yet but so far I’ve never lost. Always makes me laugh hard when you kill the leader and slaves become like headless chickens.

Still a stupid concept if you ask me.

Because I don’t want to level multiple toons to 60 separately. The less 1-60 grinds the better.

1 Like

That depends on the program. The one I use doesn’t have a sole leader, I can switch to any of the characters in the party and it can control the others the same way.

By your standard then, how do you judge people who buy mounts and stuff from the blizz store? More generated income than me since i spend $0 on that stuff…

That’s a problem with the person, not the vehicle. Those people should be banned (the ones that purposely crashed things or got people muted), but not because they’re boxing, because they broke other rules

Every conversation with Consent:

“Ted Bundy was a horrible person and a murderer.”

"What about Jefferey Dahmer? Huh?? He was a murderer and a cannibal! Leave Ted Bundy alone!!!"

2 Likes

You fail to provide a valid argument in any one of your posts. It’s obvious you are jealous that other people have more money than you for WoW. No one has yet provided one valid reason that multiboxing is an “issue” to begin with, aside from crying that Blizzard makes more money from a single person with multiple accounts. Farming arguments have been discounted, pvp arguments discounted, what exactly is your problem with it?

3 Likes

You have no clue how multiboxing works.
If you kill the Main toon, any other toon can be leader with a single key press

1 Like

Having a sensor (example: software that detects a keystroke) that relay’s information to virtual keyboards is automation.
See video example.
To flip the light switch on yourself, is manual.
To use a sensor to flip on a light switch
(Software to press a virtual keyboard)
Is automatic.

1 Like

No, it is exactly the same as using hardware to send the same keystroke to multiple computers. One input device to multiple outputs is not automation. Your example of a sensor is bad because the physical trigger for the sensor is the light level changing by someone walking into the room. One physical action leads to one output.

The human entering the room is the same as a sensor detecting a button being pressed.

Which is one physical action, exactly the same as pressing the key on a non mechanical keyboard.

sorry bob, it’s replication, not automation.

any logitech, razer, etc keyboard can do the same thing.

You can literally make in game macros to make 1 key do several functions … that cheating too?

1 Like

No, you took what I said and made everything about the game unfair. I said if you start the game unfair by spending an extra $15 it no longer becomes a fair game. Then it just becomes who is willing to spend the $15 and who is not.

It is fair, because ANYONE can spend an extra $15… it’s not like people aren’t allowed to do it, but a handful are…

1 Like

Most people complain because they don’t have the advantage they see other people getting from it. I’d say it’s either they can’t afford to do it or they don’t want to put in the effort to set it up, so it’s easier to complain about the people who do.

1 Like