Why is layering still a thing

Yeah I know that’s why it’s going to be hilarious when the “surprise” hits them. Blizzard should’ve prepared for success not failure by having many more servers at launch than 12… cut layers completely and just let people learn that the server is too damn full and they NEED to choose another. Problem is they gave them the layering blanket which ended up letting many people hit 60 instantly and farm rares nonstop… and on top of low amounts of realms until they realized their mistake but by then everyone has dug their feet in

1 Like

Im honestly expecting blizzard to break their word, keep layering, and extend phase one to 4 to 5 months so people quit because they are bored

6 Likes

It would be the only logical move I agree, let’s see if blizzard offers up a tough lesson or not

However not removing layers and adding world bosses would have its own new sets of problems with people camping the boss on every new later so there’s that

Logical or not, it would be yet another reason to not trust blizzard.

As they have proven many many times over the years their lack of proper judgement over situations is next level, the blizzard fun police never stops their rounds to prune the game out of any sense of happiness along with the atrocious amount of bugs classic has

2 Likes

i was just thinking of the mess of nodes/npcs/leather/etc farming with full servers, i didn’t even consider the mess of world bosses. just medium servers are going to have it rough getting to do world bosses if the pops are:

i really can’t imagine the mess of full servers when layering is removed. should be back to a very long queue though.

2 Likes

It seems like it is a classic wow thing. They only will turn off every server at the same time. Deviate delight does not need layering at this point, but I still encounter it for some reason. I just have to assume that they will not turn it off server by server, so it wont be until phase 2.

2 Likes

the sooner layering is gone the better, it’s been one of Blizzards all time worst mistakes.

They’re definitely scaling it back. At least on my server. I see tons of people everywhere.

1 Like

what? the alliance has lost the 20-30% buff many times, it has never been in horde favor obviously, but many times it has gone down to 10%

So my guidly says insane raid at Xroads. I fly there, see no alliance??? He sends me an invite and I go to a new layer. BOOOM 100v100 battle going on, makes me wonder what other stuff I’ve been missing out on.

1 Like

Checks level. Yep, no vested interest. It’s over.

I feel like it has only helped the game. I literally have no issues from it. What are your issues, that you have experienced, not just read about other people having issues with?

You want layering removed? Expect longer queue times. You want more servers? What’s the point when they’re all gonna be dead in the future. Give it time when everyone hits 60 and does it all. They will jump back to retail until new content is released for classic. That’s how it works and you have to deal with it.

I mean, the fact that Blizzard has stated the population was balanced enough to be competitive and they got ANY unfair advantages at all says enough. You guys got 8 weeks of end game heroic ilvl gear…I don’t wanna hear your BS excuses. :roll_eyes:

You want layering removed? Expect longer queue times. You want more servers? What’s the point when they’re all gonna be dead in the future. Give it time when everyone hits 60 and does it all.

Dont really wanna wait a year and a half. A month in, playing quite a bit and neither of my chars are even 40 yet. Most of the people in my guild play casually and are still under 30… it’ll be 3 or 4 months in before we’re even hitting max lvl.

1 Like

that buff is actually awarded to the faction with the lowest amount of players in warmode.

Alliance have the buff 99% of the time because server imbalances are so huge.

Remember when they said layering was for the earliest phases of the game

1 Like

This is one annoying problem for pvp servers, there could be pvp happening infront of you but youre not allowed to see it : /

once it was balanced enough it became less then 25% idk if you know but if its lower then 25% the quest does not spawn, nor was the item spawned equal to heroic ilvl gear.