Why is it 1.12 AV, really?

Blizzard, can we please get some clarification on why 1.12 was chosen for AV? I couldn’t help but notice that your reasons stated in the AV announcement didn’t match up at all with what was said about data loss at BlizzCon.

Apart from that, it is good to hear that you guys have the content release figured out. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Because making 1.5 version and then changing it with the timeline is too much work apparently. So is replying to the angry community.

2 Likes

Speak for yourself. I’m perfectly fine with 1.12 AV, just like I’m fine with 1.12 talents and spells. They want consistency across the board, and I’m adult enough to sacrifice some “authenticity” for it.

11 Likes

I would be good for any version 1.5-1.9

1.10 was a big change…

1.11 made the bg operate completely different. Same with 1.12

3 Likes

We already got clarification in the Alterac Valley in Classic thread

2 Likes

Based on the AV thread, it sounds like their reasoning what that they think the removal of all that stuff was an improvement to the BG.

People mention stuff about data loss, but I don’t think I’ve seen Blizzard actually suggest they don’t have the data for earlier AVs. That seems to just be something we made up as a theory.

That flies in the face of what they said about patch data being lost at BlizzCon though.

1 Like

As does many other things.

Because it takes 0 work to do.

1 Like

CLARITY HOW ISNT THIS CLEAR? kek

I really do think it means they have the best data on 1.12 and not that clear data on 1.5.

2 Likes

Because of Orc teeth. Gross!

Ok - but “picking” suggests they had another choice.

1 Like

I honestly hadn’t considered that “clarity” might mean that. I’m so used to double-speak that I thought that’s what this was.

Yea, they could do 1.5 but they miss some data and that would mean them having to do some intensive coding and testing and coding and testing.

So they thought of going with the patch giving them most complete data, reducing the time they would have to spend.

I’d rather see 1.5 - 1.9 for the clarity :wink:

1 Like

The graveyards pre-1.10 were really horrific. We don’t need to go back to that.

Here’s what 1.5 AV looked like btw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFjRb17g0PU

To be fair while we talk about AV 1.5, the biggest thing would really just be undoing the massive round of nerfs that came with 1.11.

and possibly the 15-30% nerf to NPCs that happened in 1.8.

I feel so lucky that I don’t give a damn about AV :stuck_out_tongue:

Would be horrible to argue about it :smiley:

1 Like

It’s not an issue for you. It’s a gamebreaker for others. If you dont care, and others do, be quiet. ‘But it’s not my problem, so it shouldnt be yours either’ is a really stupid attitude.

2 Likes

If the game build is 1.12, why shouldnt they start with AV 1.12. Im not being sarcastic at all. I am just happy that I will be playing the game soon.

I think they did that in 1.8. 1.8 is not a bad version to go with.

Better than 1.12 - unless you just want a running simulator for your gear.