Why is geared ret so squishy?

255 ilvl ret just dies without bobble even with healer alive and free casting spam healing. enemy just kill you with using any CDS… does plate armor count for anything or just cosmetic.

what am i doing wrong?

Are you not playing with a warrior?

Shield of vengeance

Eye for an eye to reduce incoming physical damage

Potentially using holy power on word of glory

Making anxious noises so your pet Arms Warr remembers to press duel/disarm/fear/vene, etc

16 Likes

This made me lol irl, good one.

You don’t need survivability as ret, the other guy should be dead before you’re ever in trouble. Duh!

3 Likes

im new to ret myself and im noticing this too. i have to constantly be spamming WOG on myself and using shield of vengence during CDs.

This is the best thing i’ve read on these forums all day.

1 Like

I play a few classes. During my burst goes, I too have to use defensive whether it be a heal or some slight absorption.
Life is hard sometimes

Therein lies your salvation.

Embrace the holy warrior class fantasy and do battle with that little devil on your shoulder tempting you to spend all your holy power on big damage.

1 Like

i discovered that rets have a watered down version of die by the sword. its actually decent on a 1 min cd :slight_smile:

35% DR vs physical damage only (plus some melee damage reflect in lieu of 100% parry).

So can help a bit vs arms warriors and hunters and what not with the physical damage DR.

Hello. Use SoV early and aggressively, specifically wait until low health to WoG and then run at the pillar

Isn’t this kinda the meta right now? Like things are so burst heavy it feels almost impossible to not have to do this.

Because you have the ability to bubble and be immune while steeding at someone and 1 shotting them and their healer who is across the map.

2 Likes

I run necro SP, one game last night a MM hunter just 1 shot me through everything. Literally, my partner said something about 4 aimed shots instantly, is this possible? rofl

No that’s not possible but double aimed shot into arcane/ kill shot is and does good dam.

You can also double tap a lock n load proc to get two rapid fire and two aimed shot in 1.5 seconds

not instantly, but if he procs a lock and load early in his double tap aimed cast then procs another lock and load after the aimed shots go off, that would be 4 aimed shots “instantly”, but with a gcd in between aimed shot #3 and #4

necro ret is not squishy

Just do more damage.

can confirm

You need to spam WoG more, be greedier with your defensives, trade defensives appropriately, predict/react quickly to big incoming damage and kite/line during enemy damage windows. Don’t be like Leeroy Jenkins.