Why is felguard so weak?

Just returned today in anticipation of the new expansion and I’m very, very disappointed. Downright alt+f4 after death disappointed.

How come the felguard, the top tier demon of the demon spec, gets just steamrolled by 1 or 2 regular mobs, or any kind of sustained combat?

I can remember the blueberry tanking named elites back in the day, with a little healing. Now the supposedly superior pet has a glass jaw. What happened?

1 Like

What version of wow are you playing?

Current retail.

Ohh well, the felguard on retail got very weak over time especially in shadowlands due to having all these borrowed power that boosts the felguards strength at 60. It makes the baseline pet very weak until you hit cap, unlock all the crap in the covenants.

2 Likes

its power stems from yours. the stronger you get, the stronger it gets. the weaker you are the weaker it is. you’re just weak currently.

1 Like

Its not just that. The felguard in tbc and wotlk is objectively stronger than retails felguard.

3 Likes

Those are different expacs, the current Felguard is based off player health/stats. If player character is weak/under geared, don’t expect much from a pet.

I can have my Felguard solo elite rares in ZM with just the occasional health funnel.

Felguard and other warlock pets were based off your character stats from TBC onwards. You just cant see your pet stats on retail without using an addon. Its still there.

Well, that’s disappointing.

Thank you, though.

As it currently stands with Demonic Consumption, the more stamina you have, the stronger your Felguard will be. That will change in DF but for now, as others have said, improve your gear and you improve your Felguard.

2 Likes

I might just skip the treadmill and take it easy until DF.

2 Likes

Aff and Demo are both looking good for us in DF. I’ve been spending more time leveling my Warlock in Wrath atm also.