Why is everyone talking like TBC Classic has been confirmed

I’m not sure what the deal is here, why is everyone discussion about the plans for TBC Classic when nothing has been confirmed outside of a survey. They’ve done lots of surveys before.

Does everyone talk about it to avoid the fact after Naxx is clear that’s it for Classic?

10 Likes

Cool new thread, riveting topic.

9 Likes

It hasn’t been confirmed, but I think it’s highly likely they’ll do it eventually. They’ll want to keep the large segment of the classic player base that doesn’t play retail subscribed and once classic is played out and TBC is the easiest way to do that.

That said, I’m not wasting time thinking about it until they announce a date and we are probably a long way from that point.

3 Likes

Because TBC IS what comes next and it’s an awesome game!

24 Likes

I’d estimate there’s about a 1% chance that “after Naxx is clear that’s it for Classic”. Releasing TBC makes shareholders, players, and most importantly Bobby Kitick happy.

1 Like

Tbc is most likely coming so yeah people will talk about it

5 Likes

after the classic flop, and the warcraft movie flop, there’s no BC coming until after a second warcraft movie hits China. or third.

The survey was the confirmation. If they weren’t even sure if they were going to do TBC they wouldn’t be asking people how they would prefer it be introduced.

Classic doubled the amount of active WoW subscriptions. Blizzard drools over those kinds of “flops”.

15 Likes

It’s pretty obvious it’s going to be coming out.

8 Likes

Because BFA is a ghost town and one of the worse expacs in gaming history.

Shadowlands is looking to be BFA 2.0

Put 2 and 2 together bud.

1 Like

There could be several different reasons. Here are a few:

A few people are so egotistical that they think that if THEY want it, it will happen. You see posts like “Blizzard, do this”.

Some players think Blizzard SHOULD do this…or even MUST do this, to stay on top. I’ve been seeing “WoW will die unless Blizzard does X Y Z immediately” posts for years.

Some people can’t imagine others thinking differently than they think. If THEY would do this, of course Blizzard would do it. Right?

Some players only think as players. They can’t shift their thinking to “running a game company”. They think that anything they want as players is also good…even if it bankrupts the company.

Some people really want TBC, and think if they pretend it is definite in the forum, that will force Blizzard to do it.

But let’s not worry about the “why”. Players discussing TBC is great feedback for Blizzard, who has to figure out what TBC wll be. Blizzard can’t make 20 different rule sets, to match the different player expectations.

2 Likes

Pservers existed for 15 years, longer than any single expansion and all of them combined.

It seems likely population will dwindle, but there will be enough to fill a few servers going forward. I’ll personally always come back to play my classic toons. Seasonal servers would be really welcome too.

TBC is also great, and many will likely play. I’ll migrate and play TBC predominantly and supplement with vanilla since many in my guild are perma-vanilla players such as my GM.

When retail has new raids I’ll also prog mythic with my guild there.

The versions all offer something different and play like different games. There is a reason vanilla has passed the test of time moreover any other expansion though, and brought over 1 million viewers to WoW on twitch during it’s release: it is, and will be for a long time to come, immensely popular.

Perhaps these reasons may play a role, and are likely what catalyze discussion on TBC. Blizzard will likely launch TBC for the same reason they launched classic: it provides good ROI.

Naturally, people talking about it will play a role, as the consistent discussion of vanilla culminating in the massive petition helped bring about Classic.

1 Like

^ This

The survey asked *HOW to launch tbc, NOT *IF they should launch it.

I’d add, if they ended up scrapping it, there’s PServer solutions to that problem, and I have no qualms about going that route once I’ve finished my classic-vanilla business… I still want to clear a 5k sbolt in pvp (best so far is 4200), and want to kill the ~6 remaining bosses I didn’t finish in vanilla in (emps/visc/ouro/4h/saph/kt).

2 Likes

There’s two types of people here when it comes to opinions on TBC release.
One is the optimistic type and the other is the pessimistic type.
The hypocrisy here, is that the pessimists are questioning why the optimists think TBC is coming out, and saying they should not be optimistic about this.
And the optimists are questioning why the pessimists don’t think it will come out (or just simply don’t want TBC to come out at all), even though it looks pretty obvious that it will come out.
Either way, it’s funny to see peoples opinions on whether the glass is half full or half empty :joy:

A lot of people are insanely invested into tbc(they got r14, “scarab lord”, hoarding tbc mats/fadeleaf/etc, levelling fresh 60 characters specifically with best races for tbc, and they confidently talk to everyone else as if it’s guaranteed and don’t want to look bad if it doesn’t happen). If blizzard doesn’t release it, they will make it their personal duty to save their ego and use their fanbases to attack blizzard, including by threatening to move back to alternative servers to continue their progression.

1 Like

Well, there hasn’t been any survey about classic+ (lmao) so they aren’t considering that.

Nor was there anything about resetting classic or keeping classic running afterwards, so it’s not a “should we turn off classic in a year” situation

Classic made ridiculous bank just from the first month of subs. Blizzard likes money. Blizzard released a survey on TBC, not to ask if we would play it but how we would like to play it.

What do you think?

Edit: Still playing on frostmourne, fam?

1 Like

TBC has been confirmed. They just didn’t announce it yet.

Hopefully soon they announce it’ll be out in November 2020

1 Like