Why is everyone ready for endgame?

The issue is that enough people do it for the shinies, not because they enjoy it, and his metric for “enjoyment” is participation numbers based.

1 Like

I understand this but then come the complaints that there is “nothing to do” when in reality they just zipped past some of the best parts of the game.

But hey, whatever floats the proverbial boat.

When people say that, they don’t mean there is actually nothing to do, but that nothing there is to do is considered worthwhile to them.

Yes, I could explore Azeroth and count the number of pebbles on the roads in the Barrens, but why would I do that? Thankfully, outside of raids, there’s still lots of worthwhile content to do in vanilla.

People won’t be finished raiding for a long while. 40 people to gear with 2-3 drops per boss. It’ll last.

Precisely
/10 chars

Youll be forced to take your sweet time because of the sheer number of people trying to do uour quest.

Because ive beaten the leveling experience. There is no real dynamic content in Vanilla. Its the same quests forever, nothing about that is new or interesting. This wasn’t a dynamic world like Everquest where every character had a truly unique journey in a sandbox with other people, this is on rails, boring after a few play through’s.

However… One thing I never saw was Naxx. I never did it in WoTLK because I thought it was a travesty to take an epic and turn it into a frail peasant. I always knew how things were going that Blizzard would shoot itself in the foot one too many times and Classic would be back and I would get to have my chance at defeating Kel Thuzad all over again and this is what pulls me back into the darkness.

Stereotypically, isnt it males that are driven by the climax and females that want the foreplay?

and dont mostly guys play wow?

well there you go

Climaxing feels very good thats why

Are you a…donut hole expert? You know the history of donut holes? This is, by far, the most awesome post I’ve seen in a while. I am very curious. Are you joking?

I would’ve thought you were joking, except for, “So at least know what you are talking about.” I can’t speak for everyone, but it’s probably quite rare to know the history of donut holes. Please, please, tell me: First, what were they called at the time? And how could the donut hole be sold before the actual donut was invented? Surely this is spoof of “know what you’re talking about” type posts. Right?

1 Like

Fascinating! But that doesn’t show the donut hole being sold before people started selling donuts. Awesome video, though. I love history; it’s so consistently weird. Thank you!

Well Endgame is now the #1 movie worldwide alltime:O)

I think it went from fried cake to donut and later the hole found it’s value. But here’s one perspective…

EDIT: Its all delicious to me!

1 Like

It was before Ion’s time. Morhaime I think said it. I’ll see if I can find the link. Either way they are right.
There’s been posts in this very forum talking about how epic and awe inspiring it was to come across toons with that unique mount, those tier pieces, or that oh so coveted legendary.
It’s true across anything and everything competitive. Mmo’s by the nature of their progression are competitive. There will always be those players who figure things out first and others strive to be like them.
In OG Vanilla they did their peacocking on Org roof and IF bridge. In classic it will still be those places but they will be streaming their leetness from twitch and posting YouTube videos.
The difference this time is there will be more people targeting those epic things. Why? Because they were looking in from the outside of the doughnut at the influencers.

1 Like

I do not contend that there are not certain individuals who are in awe of such things. I dispute that everyone not within the hole are influenced and awed by them. I would wager that the vast majority do not look much further than their own guild. Not everyone chases the evelope’s edge or are impressed with those that do. They may acknowledge they did something rare, but big woop? It’s a game, not a moon landing.

My thought process about Classic is not in the “end game”, but the journey getting there.

Leveling a Hunter and making my way over to Night Elf world for an Owl. It’ll be a long and painstaking walk but in the end I will name him Feathers or Screech. Either one. Then parking him in the 19 bracket.

Leveling a Rogue slowly to 60. Skinning and Mining everything and everywhere I go. Spending time pick pocketing ZG for some Gut Rippers.

End game is exactly that. End game.

The thing is a lot of people don’t play WoW competitively and really don’t particularly care about the people who do.

Ya, not going to happen. if x
p moves like it did back then it will take them at least probably somewhere around 10 days to get the max level alone. Then they’ll have to farm upper BlackRock spire hours for weeks, then if they get really lucky with their level 60 drops from scholomance stratholme and Ubers then they can go and do MC.

I know people that farm MC for a full year and still didn’t get everything they wanted for their character.

LoL, I think they forgot the requirements to get into Naxx. I hope they have loads of gold sitting around,. Without having exalted reputation I think it’s 300 gold. I remember farming Rock ele in the bad lands for 3 days just to be able to get 40 gold just to get my normal mount.

It’ll probably take the average person who’s not going crazy leveling but also isn’t dragging their feet 3-4 weeks to hit 60. Now going in with foreknowledge people will also likely be smart enough to be running BRS/Scholo/Strat while leveling as those you can do in the 58+ range and will be hitting 60 with decent gear.

1 Like