Why is everyone complaining so much?

First off its pre-patch. Secondly, if you’re complaining about gear this late into BFA, where have you been the whole time? Third, PvP is actually a lot more fun than it was with corruption. Even as a nerfed DH, im thoroughly enjoying my time spamming BGs and skirms.

Lastly, is the current honor currency going to be usable for Shadowlands lvl 60 PvP gear? Can any blue respond to this? I’ve asked everywhere and no one knows.

Thanks

7 Likes

Id say it’s mostly because a lot of people resigned thinking that SL would release soon. Now that there’s a wait, people who didn’t want to play BFA are in a pretty bad spot.

Until the event, there’s no point in gearing up at all. Why spend time getting gear that’s going to be instantly replaced?

As for the honor, I’d say it will be converted to gold once SL hits just like it always has.

4 Likes

OP has 129 item level. Of course they think everything is fine. :rolleyes:

Alot of people are going to be spending one to two months being nothing but fodder. I’d seriously suggest they pull their sub and come back for SL launch.

23 Likes

If I was a returning player and I didn’t want to unsub, I’d play bgs with lower level players until the event started.

Even with gear pvp rn is a clown show.

It’s prepatch. Not official SL launch. Azerite is still in play. Of course it’s still going to be a s*** show. I’d definitely wait til SL launch. I’m geared up from season 4 and I think it’s good enough ilvl to carry me all the way to 60.

2 Likes

You may have not noticed, but this is not a normal prepatch. This is an “o shi, we’ve done gone and really screwed things up. We better try to give them something to do for two months while we try to fix this” patch

14 Likes

Idk but, I find the pace is refreshingly faster and people die much quicker as positioning becomes more important. However, at the end of the day, I finish about the same on the chart as before the squish. /shrug

Fun is as fun does … :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I just exploding to people when I’m out. I stun them and then I die cause they seems to have some kind of magic trinket that frees them form control and I don’t. I just die in two seconds. Today in kathmandu BG I died in 0.5 second from reaping flames which hit’s me 11k with several instant other spells when I have only 19r hpmyself.
THis is garbage. Yes it’s prepatch but for fek sake they could give something in return after taking away all stuff that I like fool farmed whole freaking expansion.

PvP isn’t fun at all now. Especially for horde.

1 Like

it because blizzard haven’t addressed the issues related to low to mid tier pvp(ie being forced to grind intensive PVE in order to do entry level PVP) and haven’t addressed it in shadowlands. The pvp vendor in pre-patch is a spit in the eye and a harbinger to what is coming in SL.(Ie a useless vendor with the excuse of “We GaVe YoU a VeNdOr LiKe YoU wAnTeD”). The corruption itself was never the problem…its the lack of attention to balancing corruption post roll out that was the problem(in both pve and pvp).

going on history no…it will probably be converted to gold like normal. that way 1) no competitive advantage for grinding now and 2) the vendor can be useless after the first couple weeks per blizzards post legion pvp gearing system of buy tokens to have raiders and mythic+ers farm your gear.

4 Likes

complaining is a standard form of communication for some of the population

2 Likes

Yep, totally agree. Im fine with the delay but at least make it so lvling isnt the only !@#!@ option. All I want is a decent set of gear to BG with on toons that I havent had the time to gear. Im fine earning the gear through PvP and vendor. It would be nice if they gave some miniscule amount of thought to PvP for once.

3 Likes

I’ve been having a ton of fun in bgs. People die, I die, everyone dies. It’s exciting and tons of more fun for me than any bg in bfa.

6 Likes

I have 18,240 life unbuffed with 118 item level, not perfect, but not terrible either.

Ret Paladin walks up to me and Templars Verdict crits me for 14,500. That is about 80% of my life bar in a single shot.

no cast time, just walk up, push one button, 80% gone. This is clearly not even remotely balanced correctly, why would they release it like this? I consider this so broken that the pvp is not functional.

I was having more fun in battlegrounds before the pre-patch, even with corruptions to be honest.

8 Likes

They need to adjust the gear that drops in the pre patch event to where its high enough to even everyone out.

2 Likes

Probably resubbing to try WoW again. Only to unsub when they are greeted with this…mess.

We should want to keep returning players if possible, not let the remaining circle the drain until queue times are astronomical.

6 Likes

Love having my arena buddies re-sub to the game for Shadowlands only for them to be greeted with 0 way to get anything even resembling a mediocre piece of gear from PvP content. just get farmed in BG’s for 60 ilvl gear. What’s the game plan for people just re-joining the game and wanting to do BGs? surely there isn’t enough time left in the xpac to get geared out from PvE content either.

6 Likes

Considering that it only takes 1-2 days to gear from PvE and this prepatch is going to last another 1.5+ months, yes there is plenty of time.

1 Like

yeah no more live lording and when I 1v2 or 1v3 a node I finally feel like I earned it again

my pal has 17k and I hit people for 12k tvs. Thats more than 50% of a 130 ilvl

1 Like

First off, stop making excuses for terrible game development. The games been busted for a long time and the excuse “it’s pre-patch” doesn’t really have any weight anymore. “It’s blizzard” would be more acceptable.

Playing games that haven’t been ruined by incompetence.

You cleary are on the other side of the hill where the grass is nice and green. Because the rest of us who stopped playing because this expac has been nothing but a disaster have no gear and to us pvp is not an option. Try get a little perspective. Many players are coming back just now because of new xpac hype. We need a way to gear up and compete or we’ll just quit again.

14 Likes