Why is Blizzard wasting time?

It seems that Blizzard is focused on projects like diablo 2 remastered and spending so much effort in classic lately and forgetting the majority of people who pay monthly for current content. There is an increasing amount of people leaving the current content because its played out!

Playing a retro game or old content does not excite me or hold my attention anymore, I’ve seen it and done it already the first time around. I just cannot understand why you would put so many resources into these projects without first taking care of your bread and butter player base!?

10 Likes

a season is 6 months old. it launched in November. we’re still within the first season.

where’s the wasted time?

1 Like

They make changes they just take months on end to go through with them. You get to suffer and wait.

1 Like

Why do people always talk refer to everything as PVP… who cares what season it is, I raid and do mythics…PVE side… raid has been over for a while now and mythics are very stale… this current content is already farmed out and behind previous xpacks in content releases.

9 Likes

WoW is a retro game or at least close to getting there. WoW isn’t the priority anymore. Also, we’re still in the first season as dude said.

1 Like

Don’t mythic dungeons have seasons too?

2 Likes

The same people don’t work on the same game…

8 Likes

Maybe you’re not the target audience?

There were four months between patches in Battle for Azeroth. There were two months between Legion release and 7.1 and five months from 7.1 to 7.2 and again from 7.2 to 7.3.

There will most likely be seven or eight months between 9.0 and 9.1.

Why anyone would think this is normal to have so much time between raids and other content is beyond me.

3 Likes

Hmm…I seem to recall something happening in the last year, something that I personally feel was highly overblown. Nevertheless, it resulted in people working from home, which in turn has been a nightmare for several game companies as it has delayed releases and content.

I’m sure you remembered that as well before hitting the reply button, right?

1 Like

You seem to have failed in understanding my post.

I gave factual information on the time between patches to give understanding for those who seem to think this is currently somehow the norm. It was not in any way a criticism against Blizzard or their current release schedule.

Do not condescend when you misunderstood.

The people working on different Bliz games are different teams. The fact that some people are doing D2 remastered is not taking anything away from WOW.

Also, you have to remember that D2 remastered is practically what people were asking for when they instead got D3. (Obviously they wanted the next step in the story, but something that was closer to D2)

2 Likes

Well, it sure read like one, especially since there have been a fair amount of people who have been total doomsayers with all the “OMG! WoW is dead! This is going to be just like WoD!” posts that crop up.

Generally, when someone says “X was only 2-4 months, but this is going to be 7-8, it’s not normal” it’s implying a criticism, even if it isn’t nearly as wild or off the wall as many other criticisms.

With that said, I’ll stand by my original post. Perhaps work on your wording or be more upfront about it not being a criticism if you don’t want it taken as such :ok_hand: :+1:

I have not been a doomsayer and responded only towards those who seem to think six months or more between is common when it is not. There is no negativity. You read into things.

No. It is giving facts.

Then you continue to be very wrong.

Perhaps ask for clarification instead of condescending and being wrong. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

You should take Activision-Blizzard at their word when they said most of their employees play phone games and that the majority of their best and brightest have moved over to the phone game department. Also, looking at how much Candy Crush earns compared to their other games… It’s no wonder.

The company we knew is dead. Enjoy the remasters until fans can do it better (like with Project Diablo 2 and dare I say, NOSTALRIUS!)

1 Like

each tier ‘season’ has gone for six months for a couple of expansions now.

We are just over 4 months into that now if my off head maths is correct.

as for rehashing games, hope no one ever introduces you to the practices of Nintendo.

This is incorrect.

While you’re not wrong about people leaving current content, keep in mind that classic players are paying monthly too …

Uldir, September 4, 2018
Dazzle, January 22, 2019
5~

Eternal Palace July 9, 2019
5~

Ny’alotha January 14, 2020
6~

Aight, I’ll cave on the 6, which honestly did surprise me.
Still, above 4.

You do realize that classic players have to sub as well, right? Blizz says it’s a sub to retail, and you get access to classic, but how do players not interested in retail look at it?

That’s okay. Some people aren’t interested in retail. Good that everyone has their piece of the pie.

Are you assuming that resources were taken away from retail for Diablo 2 and classic/TBC? Or are you submitting that those resources should be put into retail instead?

Cause I don’t think the first applies, and the latter… Well, I don’t think they were going to expand and move things along more quickly whether those other projects exist or not.