Why I went back to alliance

Hunter only. You need to go to the order hall and buy it from the vendor. Not sure if any mail user can use it afterwards though

Blizzard created a whole Game System called Warfronts and the Alliance “won” them all.

1 Like

It’s a hunter only mog :stuck_out_tongue:

Fare thee well, Felicity.

2 Likes

HAHAHA I’m sorry not sarcasm but very funny haven’t heard that way of goodbye in a very long time

2 Likes

Imperialism is boring to the imperialists, that is true. It’s mundane.

Having the Alliance face any conflict opens them up to the idea they are imperialists. Can’t have that now in a game that vilifies the Alliance’s victims.

5 Likes

You have to do the quest on a Hunter and only a Hunter can buy it.

I originally did the quest on my Forsaken Warrior for RP reasons. Then I did it again on my Vulpera Hunter for the transmog.

Luckily it is pretty quick.

3 Likes

Even Trolls are better imperialists, and all they do is whine about their lost empire. C- tier Horde races are beating the Alliance at their own game.

2 Likes

Not to interupt “but they did that to us”, but I left the Horde because of story back in BfA (yes, OP is late to the game :slight_smile: ).

It has been so long since Blizzard has had anything to do with Horde except to be the Alliance’s foes. Even Tredassil was how Blizzard handles villains. Like in Legion, evil strikes a big blow that the good guys rally from. Except, of course, you can’t destroy the faction of half the player base.

Meanwhile, in neutral content, everything is lead by NPCs from Alliance lore. In Shadowlands we see Anduin, Bolvar, and Jaina (and Thrall tagging along as Jaina’s sidekick agree with everything she says). Oh, and an evil villain drives from Horde lore.

The reason this small snippet of lore in 9.2.5 has gotten so much attention from Horde players is that it is one of the very few positive developments in a long time.

10 Likes

Not sure what you mean by this. Who do you consider to be OG Alliance, and how many of them have turned evil? I can only think of Fandral Staghelm.

Wait, what? When are you bad guys?

I mean, you should be bad guys to the Horde, but I haven’t really seen that. Would like more of it, in fact.

It may not be what you wanted, but it doesn’t make you a “punching bag.”

3 Likes

Agreed, Maybe “Antagonist” is a better way to describe the alliance. We’re clearly not the main character.

But yes we are the punching bag, have been since cata. maybe wotlk.
Horde own pretty much all of Kalimdor now. They zerged Ashenvale with the alliance only recapture Astranaar after putting out the fires. They recently took over Darkshore leaving it a steaming pile, they took Azshara for their goblin theme park, Theramore literally deleted, Stonetalon was bombed into irrelevancy, and they already own everything else. Allaince gained zero ground in Kalimdor.
EK is just as bad, Southshore given to the horde, Arathi remains contested because alliance are so good at war they couldn’t take Hammerfall. Plaguelands pretty much undead rule because we all know the Argent Dawn loves the horde. Name one place the allaince gained in cata from horde or otherwise made a significant move on. Barrens? A few garbage outpost to level your alts on, no better than centaurs before. You can claim camp T was a minor set back. but that was the only story given to the Tauren.

Been that way since. Why was the allaince in MoP? To be a target for the horde, it was a horde story.
Why was allaince in WoD? to be the bakcup dancers for the horde to take down Garrosh
Why was the allaince in Legion? Because they couldn’t get to Argus without the Draenei
Why was the allaince in BFA? So the Zandalari could have a target for their navy.
Why was the alliance in SL? To help the horde get their leaders back.

its always been a horde story with the alliance just being there for the horde

3 Likes

… Yeah, I don’t have the energy or time to go into all of that. I’ll just say I disagree and leave it there, so that silence doesn’t look like agreement.

3 Likes

Tbh I’ve really struggled with the Alliance since they made Org and SW the capitols of the universe.

Orgrimmar I’ve always loved. Still remember the first time I saw it. I was so impressed with the Undercity I doubted I’d be impressed by this place. Man I turned the corner right as that BUM BAH hit and the place just blew my mind. My previous MMO experience was Runescape and SWG. I didn’t think you could have stuff like this in video games.

My reaction to SW was “Yup. That’s a castle alright” but I did love IF. And my first experience at Teldrassil was memorable because they keep talking about this big tree. And I keep looking at big trees going “So is this what they’re talking about?”. Figuring out I was on the giant tree the whole time was such a cool moment.

SW just does nothing for me. And it’s just aged like milk imo. In 04 that was fine as castles go but now with places like Boralus in game it really feels like a Playmobil Toy Set Castle to me.

8 Likes

Go’el will reign it in juuuuuust in time for a new, greater version of Go’el to step forward, (male/female.)

I’m hoping for another Hellscream, possibly the AU one from Draenor to take the reigns as Commander of war-time strategies, theory and competition between the many member clans in of the Orkish Horde.

Until we actually see an Alliance Stromgarde reflected ingame that’s not stuck in a Warfront, this is pretty much another meaningless Alliance win that’s off screen. Same for Southshore, Southern Silverpine & Darkshore.

8 Likes

That’s the issue when people complain. All alliance victories are told to us either in a tweet, or a book or by a dev. Rarely is any victory actually shown in game. And when it is? It’s intentionally left vague enough just incase blizz changes their minds down the road, which they do quite often.

7 Likes

:clap:

To add on, horde didn’t get a single heroic or honorable win in BFA against the alliance. Alliance beat then fair and square every time with only might and magic. Versus the horde has to use shady tactics or super weapon to put up a fight and our heroes/characters run away from their counter parts.

8 Likes

If you play an underdog faction isn’t that the point or something you would want?
Alliance is supposed to be the Empire and the Horde the Rebel Alliance militarily speaking.

At least from the Horde PoV thats how it should be imo.

Yeah the Alliance totally did that on their own and not with the aid of the Horde and could absolutely have survived a knock out drag out fight with the Horde in the Horde’s city.

Imagine challenging the World Shaman when you’re in a giant hecking cave.
lmao.

Gonna skate right past the Olympic gold medalist mental narrative victimhood gymnastics and just point out, if everyone’s measure of “good storytelling” is almost exclusively how much their team emerges victorious, you are left with a boring and unbreakable stalemate with no real stakes.

Okay, I lied, you are smoking a special blend of styrofoam if you think Legion was a Horde-centric expansion.

20 Likes