Why I went back to alliance

Obviously because of cross faction but also because the horde storywise now is just pitiful. I hope things are becoming better but I don’t have faith. Big reason is I feel like horde is losing its identity storywise and becoming an alliance puppet faction.

12 Likes

Jokes on you. The alliance story is just to be a horde punching bag.

18 Likes

I actually would say it’s the opposite considering storywise we reclaimed stromgarde yet again forced the horde to change its leadership position. Yeah we are punching bags nope. Blizzard should touch on this maybe it’s intentional when turaylon goes crazy sadly because blizzard can’t let an OG alliance member be good

2 Likes

You forgot the part where we totally took over ogrimmar to give it back with nothing gained. and then how they burned down an entire alliance capital while only taking minor self blight damage in return.
And now we help them unblight their own capital for no reason at all.
Its not an alliance story, we’re just allowed to show up. Wotlk to shadowlands is just one long chain about how the horde does stuff and the alliance was there also probably

9 Likes

Yeah obviously we have it back from gameplay standpoint but the very fact the horde capital was under siege twice is another reason why the alliance isn’t a punching bag. I honestly consider the only thing substantial loss is teldrassil but that was traded for gilneas possibly stromgarde returning. But yeah okay alliance is punching bag and then also undercity was destroyed by a horde member hand lol. Love also how you mention wrath the trend that started alliance becoming a huge powerhouse edit: https://www.wowhead.com/news/story-of-the-fourth-war-battle-for-azeroth-with-nobbel87-311092#patch-8-1-dazaralor-and-darkshore

1 Like

Yea … The alliance is only here to be the bad guys like i said. Org under siege twice because the bad guys showed up and the horde won, back to business as usual.
The alliance didn’t take undercity, the forsaken 5d chess moved and then the alliance went back home to do literally nothing while the horde continued to win darkshore. Alliance didn’t gain Gilneas back, they got a totally legit political promise from 1(one) member of a ruling council that they might consider withdrawing troops from it after years of rotting away
Ararthi isn’t exactly a win either. Its just been returned to the pre-cata state of being a poverty stricken nation that does literally nothing unless the horde show up.
The entire story is once again horde does thing to alliance and the alliance was there.

3 Likes

So let me wrap my head around the logic of this.

So you went back to the Alliance because you find the Horde is too much like the Alliance, and you hate that.

The math ain’t mathin’

15 Likes

Whatever you say blizzard official states the alliance won 4th war and the siege of orgrimmar raid. You can use head canon but it’s not true.

2 Likes

None if it is headcannon.

Alliance “won” fourth war by having one city burned to the ground, darkshore blighted, massive refugees in stormwind and Arathi returned to prewar status if being non productive citystate in need of massive resources.

Horde “lost” by burning down ine alliance capital, raising their citizens into more undead, temporarily losing access to the undercity (which the alliance apologized for and cleaned up afterwards) and received a stronger political foothold in all regions.
They “lost” the seige of ogrimmar by retaining their city, gaining Azshara as a permanent territory from the night elves, faced zero reparations to the alliance or pandaria, and still was allowed to arm and stockpile war material to be used in the destruction of teldrassil further solidifying their hold on the region.
Gee i wish the alliance could lose sometime

7 Likes

Yeah you just stated they won whatever you are spouting is headcanon when blizzard and now yourself stated they won it’s called a pyrrhic victory

One of the reasons I stopped playing Horde was because BFA killed my desires. Story-wise it just indefensible to be Horde. After Garrosh, after Sylvanas, after the Horde losing the Fourth War and repeatedly committing atrocity after atrocity. From Theramore, too many of Cata’s battles across Azeroth and later Pandaria campaign. I just don’t see the Horde as the misguided savages redeemed by Thrall.

4 Likes

Okay bud. Keep believing blizzard telling you one thing and doing the complete opposite while you look on shockedpikkachu.gif

2 Likes

Blizzard created a whole Game System called Warfronts and the Alliance won them all.

15 Likes

I play Horde because the Alliance storyline is just so overly sanitized, bland and devoid of conflict.

4 Likes

Kind of like… Blizzard doesn’t care about it and does the bare minimum.

And then they tell us at the end of the expansion “Oh yea you totally won everything, you are best. Good job buddy.”

6 Likes

That’s who I should believe they said they won they won

Honestly biggest casualties of this story is lost potential because we needed another bad warchief in bfa
Edit: Rhito we aren’t going to agree but can we at least agree we needed a better story?

6 Likes

Yup. Night elves won a blighted land with a great view of all their dead hopes and dreams…
And Arathi is back to normal with alliance being there and the horde still having Hammerfall. Nothing changes, still a contested zone. Arathi continues to do nothing, have no sway on events, or provide anything of strategic value.

We’ll just gloss over how many other times the alliance won by losing.
Pour one out for Theramore, Southshore, Most of Ashenvale, Stonetalon mountains, Gilneas, and the Sethrakk.
Atleast we got half of Arathi in return.

9 Likes

Actually seems like the Alliance has more divisive (in-game) leadership than the Horde, at this point. I actually find that interesting, as opposed to everyone getting together singing kumbaya.

There’s potential, but I’m not convinced that Blizzard will capitalize on it.

3 Likes

Both sides suffer from bad storytelling. And both sides need a much more consistent story.

12 Likes

Wait how are you wearing the dark ranger mog. I completed it on my warrior but didn’t receive it