Why I loathe sharding

:rofl:

Because it wasn’t in vanilla!

8 Likes

Good point. I can’t stand cross realm sharding. I meet good people all the time, but they are all on different servers. As such, I and no one else knows where to transfer to for the best time.

They had something similar to sharding in other mmos. Multiple instances of the same zones. But in those games a player could look at the number identifying what instance they were in, then have their friends join that instance. If an instance was full of course, they’d have to find another, which could mean no pvp or something, but still, the players had some control over being able to actually see and play with their own group.

2 Likes

:ok_hand:t6:

LOL are u for real?

You’re confusing sharding and CRZ. Classic will have sharding in the beginning but no CRZ. CRZ is to make a dead zone appear more populated by pulling in players from other servers.

1 Like

Why have there been so many posts about sharding in the last day or two? Did Blizzard share something new?

No they didn’t that is the problem! they said

1 Like

You must really love Everquest then, and waiting for dungeon monsters to respawn.

1/10 though you got a reply, good try

Tera had this, and while better than auto-sharding, it still takes me out of the world.

I wanna play with people in the world, not in alternate dimensions…

1 Like

If we didn’t rehash old topics we would have run out of things to talk about months ago. I don’t mind more threads about important topics because they’re a reminder of how much these issues matter to the players.

2 Likes

Yep I don’t like sharding because it ruins pvp.
Can’t even do or host pvp raids in haala or winter grasp anymore.
Its made a lot of the game empty.

I hate the idea of sharding in starting zones because I REALLY am looking forward to competing with 200 players to get a tag on 8 boars.

1 Like

Do you remember starting zones in Vanilla? It didn’t take 90 minutes to get through the first three kill quests like it did in the stress test. I promise you starting zones will be nothing like Vanilla on 27 Aug without sharding.

Also there won’t be CRZ.

Finally sharding would only affect the first 10 or so levels and when people spread out sharding won’t be necessary.