Why I believe we're not getting WotLK Era servers

I was so suprised when I realized that the 3 replies were for this thread and of course it’s Mktaar that responded.

Accusing me of being a thread necroer won’t get you what you want either friend. You are the one necroing threads. I do necro undead minions on my death knight though. Only necroing I do.

Dude. You have to be a troll.

Here goes a short story. Warmane used to have a TBC classic realm, and it was jumping at first but died very shortly, and people just didn’t like it in the end so it got closed. However, people have stuck around for their WotLK realms for a long time now.

Hell, Warmane came out in almost 20 years ago and it’s still going, their pop numbers haven’t changed much, still hitting max on Icecrown, and the other two have their daytime spikes. OG Wrath was much better than TBC in terms of raiding, pvp, and systems, the new continent is much more…

My point is that Wotlk is just TBC+ and it happens right before the world revamp which as we know is when all the nostalgia faded away for many.

I think Blizz should give WOTLK era realms a chance despite their negative outcomes with TBC era realms simply because they are very different expansions.

3 Likes

You mean except the 14 month necro you did back in november last year? You mean besides the other four instances that I have screenshots of between one and two months? And I know there is more. i just stopped looking. AND YOU DON’T EVEN PLAY WRATH ANY MORE.

This is evidence to support my hypothesis that what people do for free doesn’t give us any information about what they will pay for. If those ps players wanted official wrath and were willing to pay for it the numbers would change significantly. When official classic wrath came out you’d see movement off the ps. And when no wrath era was announced you’d see significant numbers moving back. Private servers only give us information about what people will do if something is free. It doesn’t tell us what people will do if they have to pay for it.

1 Like

Okay, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t successful TBC servers, only that Warmane either didn’t have the playerbase that liked it or they simply didn’t run it well.

Warmane started in 2015 so I’m just going to assume that your 20 years is a typo.

Warmanes population numbers mean nothing to me, if they’ve remained stable for 10 years that tells me that there’s next to no one new playing, that it’s all the same people who wouldn’t leave because that’s where their stuff is. Or that they’ve botched the numbers.

OG WotLK being better than TBC is pure opinion. Also what do you mean by the new continent is much more… Much more what?

And I’ve seen people argue that Cataclysm is just WotLK+.

They’re really not that different, pretty much plays the same.

I don’t agree with forcing classic players onto cata. The whole point to classic era was access to the classic world.

They should have era LK servers IMO, not speaking for anyone else I don’t want to go through that whole cata/mop/wod expansion again

4 Likes

The most important reason is because they said they weren’t doing it. Which sucks. WotLK > Cata. I’d say that Vanilla - WotLK were the best of all.

3 Likes

There’s no force happening.

1 Like

The reason why it was Vanilla and not WotLK is because only the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor changed in Cataclysm. Both Outland and Northrend are unchanged even in retail but EK/KD are changed, which is why it makes more sense for it to be Vanilla rather than WotLK.

No one is forcing anything, there’s more options than ever regarding what you want to play in WoW. Vanilla Era, SoD, Hardcore, WotLK/Cata and Retail; and to think back in early 2019 there was only Retail if you wanted to play WoW, but people just want more. More versions of WoW to play because it’s their favourite version of WoW, it’s a fair reason but a selfish one.

If you don’t want to play Cata > MoP > WoD, then I guess this is where we say our goodbyes.

The second they want WotLK Era servers they’re no longer Classic players, they’re Era players. Classic is the progression server, Era are the static servers.

You can access the classic world in Vanilla Era

2 Likes

The reason why we aren’t getting wrath classic servers as permanent classic options is because blizzard is a greedy, slimy company, who makes promises and lies about everything.

Whatever happened to #nochanges? I wanted the same stupid game I played from 2004-2009. Not this retail hack fest that blizzard calls classic now. Only changes I wanted were the bug and game breaking glitches to be gone. I didn’t want dungeon finders. Or wow tokens. Or paid level boosts. Or any of that bullcorn that has to do with the retail experience.

I mean, wrath was technically when it became retail with the dungeon finder change alone in 2009. But it became more and more retail with every expansion ever. Losing all the rpg elements and mechanics is just another anti classic change. Classic wow isn’t the classic experience if you can’t buy ammo in my op. Or if you can’t hybrid spec with talent trees. Everything is simplified and homogenized and standardized to such an extreme degree now, and cataclysm was the expansion that started that trend.

At the same time, I was kind of hoping that they would reverse alot of the negative changes made to the game. Especially when cata came out. #somechanges are cool for me. Such as gamebreaking bugs being fixed. Or keeping the dungeon finder out of the game. Keeping ammo in the game during cataclysm to for example.

I mean, I present anyone who argues further with me with this question. But, what the heck is classic then?

I say again, what is classic? Can anyone actually define what classic means. Curious what we get from that, because to me, it means basically neutralizing every change made to the game that made it more of a retail experience. But that is just me.

Last week you said wrath classic was perfect. Clearly you’re just trying to come up with excuses at this point.

That doesn’t matter. The one truth about video games is people play it for a couple years at most, finish the game several times with different classis, get bored and go on to play an expansion or a different game. It doesn’t matter if the expansion or different game isn’t as good as the original. It’s still better to play something new than repeat the same old game you’ve already done several times.

Classic to me is about re-living the game as it was back then, from core gameplay to systems (I wouldn’t consider H+ part of wrath or even cataclysm), Good or bad it really doesn’t matter.

Wrath introduced RDF originally in 3.3, despite it being at the last patch of ICC, its still part of the game, If blizzard continued their stance on Social aspect of WoW going into cata and trying to make server communities matter (they haven’t mattered since servers became mega servers and not everyone on the server partakes in the server discord or since Vanilla classic in general), then I wouldn’t say this is the Wrath or Cataclysm I know.

Hey Heydownthere, thank you for your replies.

I don’t know any TBC ones that are as popular as Warmane, but well, I haven’t looked either.

It started earlier, it was called Molten Core and suffered an attack in 2015, when it was renamed Warmane.

I actually started playing there since Molten, and a lot of new people arrive all the time. Maybe they’re not as popular as WotLK was but that’s cuz they don’t / probably can’t do advertisement like Blizz can.

Okay.

Oh, sorry, I didn’t finish my sentence. My point is that to me it seems as though there’s more content in WotLK than there was in TBC so it feels richer to me, and this is why me and my friends liked the expansion better.

Well, I would like to have Classic era servers. I’ve seen other people comment that they do too, I’ve friends who’d like to have them. You’re welcome to disagree. I hope Blizzard sees that there are people out there who want it so they can consider making it happen. Have a good night!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.