Why I am leaving for FF14:

This isnt a slam against blizz, this isnt a “i hate this game” because I dont, this isnt anything but for Blizzard if they even still read these forums. They always say they want feedback so I am giving it. Respectfully. Also. FF14 isnt some WOW killer or anything its only my personal reasons why I am leaving for it… (Mostly PVP)

1: Balance issues: I am top level in both games. I have done most of the major things in pvp and some PVE… From a non pro or time sinker, I cant get around the major balance issue in WOW. I mean, I have been here for 15 years and I cant remember it going this long without classes being fixed?

2: Unique classes: This is all but gone. Remember when Mages were glass cannons (generally)? Huge deeps but if you focuse them they cant handle a lot of damage… Rogues were dirty fighters, no huge deeps but a lot of control… Each class had a nitch, a role to play… Those days are gone. Not only does everyone heal themselves but you have some classes having all the tools and some classes having none. Rogues do insane damage with insane control… Mages are like mini tanks, healers leading in Damage… Its just not fun anymore.

3: Same dominating classes as always - In PVP it is always DH’s, Mages, Rogues and Locks. Always… Never changes, its all you see. New patches, new expacs its always these classes that dominate. It gets really old fast.

4: CC - What is with Blizzards weird obsession with extremely long CC? 7 second stuns? 5 second silences? Seems like every class now has 3-4 ways to take control from you for long periods of time. That isnt fun. It slows the game and feels quirky. In ff14 the fights are just awesome, they absolute longest i have ever been stunned for in ff14 is 3 seconds and people complain about that.

5: LAG!! - How, in 2020 can this game not handle 40 v 40? I have a gig line, top PC and no issues on any other game but go into an epic here and its like being back in 1999. I dont know what they do but FF14 has the best netcode of any MMO I have ever played, period. That game is like pure butter…

6: What? - Corruption, azerite, traits, etc, etc… Good lord, cant we just gear and have class specifics???

7: Faction balance - Alliance is weak. I dont know why everyone left besides for racials a while ago but its getting worse and worse. Randoms are dominated by horde, and yes I know most of us long timers are reporting 50/50 but that is because for 12 years it was… Takes a while for the numbers to skew… I dont like playing 5-7 games to get 1 win. Games start with 7 alliance on the team or I am at least 25% of the time getting thrown into a slaughter almost over…

FF14 had some bad PVP but they have come a long way. I LOVE you gear different for either pve or pvp. I love the extreme limited CC, the fights are just awesome. I love the new maps they got for it… I loved WOW PVP but its just not really fun anymore. I may be alone in this but that is my feedback!

165 Likes

I could not agree more on this issue. Corruption, azerite, essences, and the HoA all are just bad, don’t care for them at all.

109 Likes

I’m not sure I can agree with the FF14 PvP, but I will concede that they are constantly working on it and trying to improve it.

31 Likes

Seems like most of your problems are from a pvp point of view. I agree, WoW pvp isn’t good, but it hasn’t ever been good either. That said, I also hear ff14 pvp is terrible too, so enjoy I guess.

13 Likes

Yup, they really did, but they have changed it so much that it’s VERY enjoyable now, considering it uses PROPER templates that WoW couldn’t figure out for some reason.

9 Likes

Have fun?

4 Likes

Disagree. MoP was the last time pvp was awesome imo.

45 Likes

Saying WOWs pvp has never been good is quite a bad thing to say, honestly… I used to love WoW PvP, duels, arena, battlegrounds. All of it, now I don’t. It progressively got worse WoD-Now

MoP was the last time PvP was enjoyable, but I enjoyed Wrath-Cata PvP the most.

19 Likes

This was never a thing.

10 Likes

Later hater

5 Likes

If they don’t make Covenants flexible and stop making us feel like they’re milking us for time played metrics I’ll be following you.

30 Likes

They’re still going the borrowed power system which has shown to be very bad for PvP and they just announced no PvP stats on PVP vendor gear, so I don’t think PvP will ever be getting any better. If FF had some better races I’d enjoy playing on and Roleplaying I might finally switch.

7 Likes

I understand where you are coming from except for:

It’s pretty unanimously considered to be the worst netcode imaginable. I am gonna go out on a limb and say you haven’t done any really large scale content yet, but when you do you will see that characters will disappear from your screen (literally) then pop back in a little bit later while someone else disappears. Ask pretty much anyone who was around for Eureka how fun it was trying to keep tanks alive when they randomly kept disappearing/becoming untargetable.

12 Likes

I’ve been playing since launch and have never seen anything like that.

4 Likes

https ://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/362003-NPC-s-and-party-members-disappear-in-Eureka

4 Likes

Done it all and its amazing. I was just reading an article on how good it is and that a lot of the SK Corps are trying to mimic it. I havent had a DC or blip yet…

2 Likes

I wasn’t referring to DCs. I don’t DC either. However, during massive hunt trains and areas like Eureka when it was current, people will disappear. At least they don’t disappear in WoW. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Really digging, lol. Post from 2018, nothing recent I guess huh? Can go do it on WoW any day and see it.

6 Likes

So something specifically tied to Eureka. Yeah, it’s no wonder I have never seen it since I barely did Eureka lol.

1 Like

Since what I mentioned was content from 2018 then yes obviously. Derp.

2 Likes