Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

Well, she did mention she had a ship.

1 Like

Going by this thread, evidently there is.
But more importantly

Then why necro this one?

1 Like

They DID add blue eyes to blood elves. They can look exactly like High Elves, but ARE NOT high elves, high elves are with the alliance, not the horde.
Btw, they did add blue eyes to Blood Elves, but didn’t even add blonde hair to Void Elves, or skin colour. It’s like they bitterly never want the Alliance to have what they’ve been asking for and completely belongs to them ever since WoW came out. There’s truly NO REASON not to include them.

1 Like

Yes that is correct.

Yes, because they are High Elves.

And the ball has been dropped…

But anyway, is this going to become a thing that this old thread gets necro’d every 2 months?

4 Likes

Bad BAD Necro-er! BAD

6 Likes

Blood Elves took fel. High Elves didn’t
Blood Elves are with Horde, High Elves are with alliance.
Blood Elves exist since BC, Void Elves since BfA, High Elves ever since they came up with the Warcraft franchise.
I could go on, and on and on and on.

Are Highmountain the same as Tauren? Why make Highmountain? Are Lightforged Draenei the same as Draenei? Are Zandalari Trolls the same as Trolls? Why make zandalari trolls? just play a troll! Both factions have even the same race, pandaren, is it so hard for Alliance to be able to play a race that already belongs to the alliance and that the Horde can look exactly as???

Explain what “ball” I “dropped”? Please explain, please: explain.

Stop saying Blood Elves are High Elves, they’re not the same thing, if they were, they wouldn’t have different names to tell the difference between the two, that’ why there’s still threads about this.
They have different story, purpose, allegiance, meaning, NAME.

Anyway, you missed my point. If Blood Elves can look exactly like High Elves (they gave them blue eyes) then why cant Void Elves? They can’t have blonde hair??

Honestly I’m trying to be as respectful as I can, but I it’s just so frustrating that anyone should pretend on anyone’s face that Blood Elves are High Elves, as if we were all that bitter about them, or stupid, or insane.

Here’s two videos explaining, if you can bear slight complexities in your head, why Blood Elves are not High Elves, as if anyone couldn’t know that, but anyway:

High elf is the thalassan name for quel’dorei which mean child of nobel. The nobel are living in Silvermoon and are allied with the horde under the name of blood elf.

So one that still represent the name of high elf are the blood elf.

Those in the alliance are high elf only by name but lost the signification of it. If anything they should change name.

Here is how it is even represented in game by Elisande:

“Quel’dorei? You are peasants playing at nobility, all too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name high elves.”

5 Likes

Sry pal I can see you just don’t want them to exist because I guess you play horde and you think they’re too cool to be played or something.
You won’t drive me insane.

High Elves exist as today and they play with the alliance, not the horde, with kilos of other differences some of which I already mentioned and you ignored to keep playing insane and doing those amazing stunts of an argument.

It’s you who will have to live with people asking for something obvious in the game until it exists, and it will, cause until then, the “debate” won’t stop, because of the obvious reasons why High Elves should be an alliance playable race. It’s not me who will have to live with bitter troll players and horde biased developers saying bs and scraping the barrel for counter “reasons” for them not to exist; it will have to happen.

Also pal, and I should mention, an alusive thing happened to humans and undead; Lordaeron was taken and made an undead capital. So humans shouldn’t be a playable race? after all undead are humans, but, undead, they still live in Lordaeron, duuuh! (NOT)
The fel orcs (green) took fel and they’re no longer red. So why make Mag’har orc at all? “Oh grow up! Fel Orcs ARE Mag’har Orc”! See you don’t make sense? Cause you don’t make sense.

There’s NO argument against High Elves;
High /= Blood, end of story.

Blood Elves did not take fel. They were affected by Fel radiation from the fel crystals being used to power their city.

The ones that took fel became the Felblood mostly killed during the assault on the Sunwell.

Blood and High Elves are with the Horde. A small scattering of High Elves work with or around the Alliance.

Void Elves now also work with the Alliance and are recruiting High and Blood Elves into their ranks turning them into Void Elves.

Since the only difference between a Blood Elf and a High Elf is a name change, both High and Blood Elves have a long history reaching back to WCII. WCI did not feature much in the way of any elven lore.

I’m sure you could, but there are already errors in this little tidbit.

So I pray you do not. lol

They are the same race. The only difference is one of vague political and ideological differences. The crux of which no longer applies. I.E. Blood Elves draining mana from living things to sate their hunger. They no longer need to do this so this first issue that split their ideals is gone.

The only remaining issue is really a dislike of the other Horde races and a remaining loyalty to old allies.

They gave high elven skin tones to void elves to give rper’s some tools to enjoy themselves. It doesn’t mean Void Elves as a race retain their hair color. So far we cannot say that they do as blizzard has not enabled that for them.

besides why play a plain elf on the Alliance when you can play the new improved Void Elves?

Honestly I’m trying to be respectful as well, its just maddening to find someone unwilling to accept the simple truth that Blood and High Elves are the same thing. The differentiation is only in who they choose to side with for one reason or another.

The fact that you are trying to say that they are not the same makes me seriously doubt your interest in Thalassian elves lore and where its been brought to.

Two relatively biased videos…

I don’t want High Elves either. Used to. But people who continue to push to erase Void elves and take from Blood Elves have really pushed me away from High Elves.

7 Likes

I was wondering how on earth is this thread still going…

And now I want to resort to alcoholism… again.

7 Likes

https://media.giphy.com/media/9Pz1kYfZadfOquHdLN/giphy.gif

2 Likes

And here I thought that the take I saw yesterday about how Sunreavers providing assistance to Dalaran during the war against the blue dragonflight translates into Blood elves rejoining with the alliance was a nuclear take…

I didn’t even read your reply.
Cheers.

As expected from someone still spewing the “But the fel juice!” mantra.

4 Likes

blood elves existed since WC3 TFT

7 Likes

I reckon you actually did read his reply but just didn’t have a good retort. But let your post be another example of why elf players are the worst.

5 Likes

Its ok. I know the truth is frightening to you.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Blizzard, going back to WC2, wanted to have an “edgy high elf” race, the Blood Elves, so that they were not more or less generic high fantasy high elves, like the humans and dwarves and orcs and trolls are. “Regular” high elves also existed, who didn’t have the edginess of the history of the BEs, but when it came to decide the progress of the lore, and the inclusion in WoW, they elected to go for the BEs and not the more traditional variant. And they put them on the “savage” faction, which is not typically where high elf types are.

That last bit is what has caused all the conflict over the years. Typically the kind of player who is attracted to playing a high elf paradigm doesn’t want to play in a faction that has a capital like Orgrimmar, and allies like Orcs and Trolls and zombies – they typically want humans and dwarves as allies, and standard high fantasy cities of the typical “establishment” side. So people who wanted to play as high elf types have grit their teeth and played as BEs and disliked a lot of the rest of the aesthetics of the Horde. When VEs came along, BE model shapes became available, but VEs are very edgy, much moreso than BEs are, and so not really very attractive to high elf type players, even though they are on the alliance. This has been mitigated somewhat with the new skins, but not completely.

The bottom line is that the Warcraft universe was not created to have standard high elves be the main kind of elf, or even the main kind of high elf. They went closer to standard for humans and dwarves and orcs, but they went off script for elves, and that has been the source of all of the consternation. If they had stayed on script from typical high fantasy, and had standard “establishment” high elves on Alliance and a kind of edgy dark elf on Horde, the baseline elf players would be more satisfied than the inversion that Blizzard chose. But Blizzard had a different idea, and so here we are.

All the fighting and lobbying about the issue is really beside the point – the bottom line is that Warcraft doesn’t follow a standard trope for elves, and that will always stick in the craw, somewhat, of elf type players, or at least of many of them.

As a playable race*
Obviously, this is all about the race being a playable race, not just “existing”.

High elves are playable since W3.

and blood elves we’re playable in TFT

2 Likes