Why High Elves Don't Work: A Primer

They’re still a long standing group within the alliance even through bfa.

Better choice is to use a scenario to show the high elves (including the SC) joining with the void elves and choosing to become them.

Depending on how they do this they could be like Alleria or like the void ekves we play.

In either case it ends the discussion. All you’d be left with is blood and void.

They sided with the Alliance but I don’t see any indication they are a formal part of it. They were formed to balance the presence of the Sunreavers in Dalaran. Unlike the Sun Reavers they did not come from their favored major Faction. They were important when Dalaran was anti-Horde, but that is over now.

Their newest affiliation was another neutral faction, the Unseen Path - which depending on how you view things might have absorbed them. Exposition is not Blizzard’s strong suit.

Sorry I meant high elves in general. Not the SC. I realize there is contention about their full allegiance.

I added the SC to the scenario bit because they would have to be involved to ensure no more high elves was accomplished.

The order halls have clearly fallen apart. Otherwise most of bfa isn’t possible.

I’m not sure that the devs ever meant for this to be anything other than a super niche thing. It’s something that needs more clarity in game. Also what is the source for the 10% figure?

10%? Is this directed at me? I don’t recall mentioning 10% anything.

Generally. It’s get brought up a lot. I think it’s one of the things that needs clarity.

If I remember right that was brought up back in TBC indicating how many high elves remained high elves rather than take up the name blood elf.

Maybe if blizzard ever updated their world we’d have a more contemporary number.

It’s Inmaterial though. There’s always enough for whatever blizzard needs. I mean the void elves are proof of that.

I think the game would be much better if each zone had a terminal point that updated it at the end of the expansion. The hole time travel walking thing isn’t too great.

1 Like

The 10% of elves being high elves thing?

I wonder how many of these are actually against the Blood Elves and not just people who live outside of Silvermoon, assimilated to a different culture. With the restoration of the Sun Well, did the pilgrimage mean a portion of them were absorbed back into the Blood Elves? Do we know that it was a pilgrimage and not a homecoming? I also wonder how many were lost in events like Theramor or during the conflicts they serve in. Especially the Silver Covenant. What happened to their population at the Isle of Thunder or in Northrend? During the assault on Surramar? What did pledging themselves to the unseen path mean for their organization? How many were there to start?

If they hated the use of fel to power Silvermoon’s enchantments, how do they feel about Void Elves formerly joining the Alliance?

1 Like

10% of the race.

But that’s high elves which did not change their title to Blood Elves?

10% of the surviving race.

Yeah. These are things blizzard really should answer especially since had they done so we’d likely be done with this high elf debate already. Lol

Which are split between all other groups, aside from Void Elves. Weren’t some Void Elves exiles? I forget wheat the conclusion was of examining their scenario.

No, they’re all blood elves.

It’s impossible to say how many, no more than 100.

Then we just need to know how many qualify as “Alliance” and if there are any left that have player potential… which given dev comments would suggest there are few to none.

I feel like populations will never make sense. High elves should be extinct, they keep fighting wars but they don’t have the population to sustain it.

1 Like

Maybe that’s just where we’re at, and we need an NPC with a text block in game to clarify it.

Maybe the reason only a few ballista showed up was because that’s what’s left of that army.

This is why we need to scenario it and say boom all high elves are void or they’re blood. Nothing else.

Then give blood elves blue eye customization.

Void elves could have high elf customization if they’re becoming void elves like Alleria did instead of the way Umbric did.