Why High Elves Didn't Work - A Restrospective

I don’t know why high elves don’t work, but I’m pretty sure it has something to do with felweed.

7 Likes

Best post in the thread.

Whatever happened to “Why High Elves Don’t Work: A Primer” lol

High Elves didn’t work because they wrote them almost completly out by Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, and by WoW: TBC doubled down on their trope-busting by writing the Blood Elves (Blizzard’s high elves) into the faction of Orcs and Trolls instead of the traditional high fantasy stereotypical pairing of high elves, humans, and dwarves.

Not only did they consider it more interesting to write and design, but it solved a problem they had game design-wise if one faction having no conventionally pretty race, for players to whom that is a dealbreaking factor.

Blizzard was very passionate about High Elves and the Blood Elves that followed them. What they weren’t passionate about was continuing to tie their main story to humans and the Alliance.

The original I made in 2018 didn’t survive the back and forth lockdowns that effectively shuttered the main High Elf threads of that time. It’s been reposted once or twice since then, but other than that, it lives somewhere on my hard drive.

3 Likes

There was another one made by Guzzle. Where is the dude now days anyways? lol

He’s around.

Tell him I said hi and his threat was funny.

Is this a typo?

Oh…maybe he meant to type ‘treat’? Like Guzzle gave him a funny treat? :lollipop:

Or thread.

oh…lol probably!

1 Like

Lol starla…

Given the context I’d say ‘thread’, however it was just a copy of an older thread by the same author as this thread. So you know, cartwheels.

I have made more than one thread, family.

1 Like

FIGHT ME!!

1 Like

please dont

Congratulations. You played yourself.

Someone decided to bring it up…weird. Maybe it’s a helfer trying to get it deleted.

Trying to poison the well to prevent an opposing view from having a voice.

2 Likes

maybe they didn’t see this one.