Why healers are rare

Kinda a continuation of one of my earlier posts about tanks. Now I know healers aren’t as rare as tanks but they can be hard to find we have all waited on a healer at some point in our lives. Keeping that in mind I was running a freehold today and it was a smooth run as far as I was concerned. However at the end of the dungeon I have this add on that reports the amount of failure damage each player took. This is damage that the player could have avoided. I use it as a healer to know how hard the dps is working me and I use it on my dps to know what damage I could have avoided to make my healers job easier. So we get to end of the dungeon and my add on reports the results and the warrior who took the most damage gets all riled up. He’s like “only dps matters and do your job hunter and dps.” First of all he barley outdpsd me so I’ll chalk that up to better procs, second in total he would of died 6timed over had it not been for the healer saving him. Avoidable damage matters and it’s why healers are hard to find. What kind of healer wants to sit there and heal you through every avoidable mechanic? Your dps don’t mean crap if you die or if the healer does trying to save your stupid a**

24 Likes

Because no one puts up with a bad healer long enough for them to learn, except people training a pocket healer for their guild.

And you’re not going to see a guild’s pocket healer in a random group, they’re going to be healing for their guild.

37 Likes

I’ve been running pugs for the timewalking stuff and so many people loaded up with corruption I spend all my time healing eye damage. I cannot wait for this crap to be gone.

64 Likes

I’m so high on resistance now I don’t even have eye of corruption unless the healer tells me I can put on more

I main a Resto Druid and pug exclusively. I’d join a guild but I’m not interested in raiding and I don’t socialize in game so there’s no point.

I play a healer only to support my husband. Since I don’t do anything with the community. I would not play a healer.

3 Likes

it only bothers me if theyre doing it either on purpose or not caring.
If I can tell they just dont know, I just heal them thru it and mana up between pulls.
If theyre doing it on purpose…and god knows some of these jokers actually do based on what Ive seen and heard from them…I dont give them a second chance. They can find another healer.

usually I last about 2 weeks before I cant take it and have to take a break from healing.
The last round about a month ago two days in I quit it was so bad.
Standing in the green goo is the least of my complaints.

DPS pulling everthing in site, running out of my healing range ( I follow the tank 100% of the time, not DPS. You leave my range, you’d better be able to solo the place, lol) dying then crying at me because “muh healz sux” LMAO…and generally acting like theyre the crap the rest of us are supposed to be fighting, is plenty annoying enough to quit.

Toss in that occasional Tank ego here and there, and yeah…Im done.

4 Likes

I can’t afford to drop a DPS.

If I die, just battle rez me.

No, aoe is not why healers are hard to find , what are you talking about?

So, the issue was?

For some reason ppl think its ok to have grand illusion hit you. Use your cc on it for crying out loud.

Love see’ing dps with 25+ stacks of eye debuff on them. My ui doesn’t show eye debuffs so I always get to have a little panic attack thinking they got aggro when their health starts chunking.

4 Likes

It depends you can have two grand illusion spawn or one after another.

You can change your ui to show raid frames while in parties. Then you can change your settings to show debuffs.

Not entirely sure but the bigdebuffs addon might help as well.

I was healing a +10 temple of sethraliss the other day and two of the melee kept attacking the mob with the lightning shield and getting nuked. I subsequently got blamed for not being able to heal them through the damage.

That’s one reason.

19 Likes

Or better yet just don’t let your corruption get to that point. Most people lose way more DPS dealing with corruption than normal mechanics.

I’m the same, follow the tank (Or I am the tank) and usually run with at least one other player. If I’m running with a friend and we’re healer/tank, we always tell the group - if you pull it, you deal with it, I will not pick it up and the healer will not heal you, if you don’t like it, leave.

I usually level solo through instances, as either healer or tank, and I’ll whisper the alternate and tell them if they wanna pick up what DPS pulls or heal DPS, it’s up to them.

I also wouldn’t get bent out of shape over someone running an avoidable damage meter. It’s not the player themself being critical, it’s literally a look at what you aren’t doing right, or quickly enough.

1 Like

Healing requires a lot of quick thinking and adaptability, but the WoW community is very notorious for discouraging people when they are learning a new role. It doesn’t help that oftentimes healers get blamed for the failures of the group; dps dying to avoidable damage will blame the healer, tanks who screw up will blame the healer, you can basically pin any issue on the healer and it pushes a lot of people away. It doesn’t help that healers don’t get the same reverence that tanks do.

Tanks are rare, their job requires more knowledge and experience than DPS, and they tend to be in a leadership position, so everybody knows how important they are and they get a bit of leeway in some cases. Healers, despite being under a similar level of pressure in regards to needing game knowledge and such, are more common so people will treat them a whole lot worse than they would the tank. It creates a really toxic environment, so, much like the good tanks, the good healers mostly just heal for their guilds now. This is just another example of the community screwing themselves over and driving the people they need help from out of the PUG sphere.

18 Likes

and they won’t move out of the friggin eye… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Me stand in place and press button, see big numbers make happy

3 Likes

I would agree with some of what has been said here. Being a healer is a thankless job.

• DPS pulling beyond what the Tank is pulling
  • Tank pulling continuously without making sure healer is prepped
  • Mana emptying out because people arent focusing on single targets

The list goes on…but people are generally trying to faceroll through dungeons as fast as they can regardless of what is going on with the rest of their TEAM.

4 Likes