Why haven't classes been adjusted for over / underperforming in raids yet?

Week after week goes by and week after week I see the same people drooling on their keyboards doing 30% more damage than I do when they are parsing 75% and I am constantly hitting upper 90% either on ilvl or actual parse. I am a triple dps spec MELEE ONLY class with absolutely ZERO utility and the best outcome is for me to roleplay some ridiculous RNG pirate gambling addict and hope I get good RNG to parse well and do minion level damage outside of that.

Even on patchwerk rogues aren’t parsing well enough. Rogues on patchwerk in the current state either need to be the highest dps in the game by a minimum of 15%, or you need to give us massive utility to warrant our spot in raids. What is even the point in playing this crap right now? We are nothing but a melee liability with low damage. Ridiculous.

That might be a bit drastic of a reach.

15% is quite a big difference in DPS, and there are other pure dps classes as well. I do agree that we should bring some form of utility that would benefit the raid similar to battle shout/wind fury totem, etc.

Well as of right now boomkin, a hybrid, and Affliction are currently beating rogues’ top spec by 20.39%. Both of these classes bring bonkers utility to raids and are ranged. The icing on the cake is compared to rogues best single target boss spec (sub) these classes are even more absurdly ahead at 30.71%. This is measured by the top performers over the last week in castle nathria heroic. So if 15% is too ‘drastic’ how do you describe the current inequalities?

If we are to have zero utility and be melee we should be the ones 20-30% ahead. I took the numbers down to 15% to be more realistic. In a perfect world we would just have utility but blizzard is too stupid to figure that out.

I am not justifying their damage being way higher than ours, just that everyone should be closer together. If we were to be at the number one spot, I wouldn’t want there to be a 15% gap between us and the next guy. It should be closer to 5%.

Blizzards balance team is doing a terrible job though, as per usual.

With zero utility as a melee 5% doesn’t warrant a spot. 99/100 hardcore guilds would prefer the ranged with a crap ton of utility and ability to cheese mechanics over a tiny amount of damage. My argument isn’t that I want us to be way higher damage than any other class my argument is that if this is blizzards choice to screw rogues out of any utility then we must be compensated with overbearing damage to secure a spot.

all they need to do is give rogue the dh and monk treatment, raid wide 5% crit buff amd every raid will bring 1 rogue.

How about Smokebomb baseline?

2 Likes

I would rather us have a Windfury Totem type party buff, 100 of every stat everytime we use our CD to the whole party.

Rogue are not meta in any pve content atm.

Balance at a glacial pace to keep the fotm meta fresh and keep people rerolling and leveling alts.