Why has Spine of Deathwing still not been changed?

I was so glad when I got my last mount from that raid. I did spine on multiple characters every week, gave me PTSD lol

1 Like

Cuz it doesn’t need to be

Necro aside it’s so easy n not even really that tedious. Once you get the first scale down the slime spawns go quick.

They should get a hemi.

That wouldn’t be limited to the spine encounter.

i’d suggest bringing that up in yalls community council posting, but yall aren’t allowed to rock the boat otherwise you’ll lose your WoW CC tag lol

That said, yeah it should have an option to skip

2 Likes

For motion sickness, there’s actually an option they added for Spine specifically that turns off the entire world spinning/clouds moving part of the fight in the raid. You talk to him and he disables all the effects for both the fights that take place on moving arenas (airship/spine).

In Warlords they started implementing skip mechanics for the raids while they were still current content, as in kill boss X number of times to get a skip to the end and was something they continued with in following expansions. BRF had one to go straight to Blackhand, HFC had two different skip checkpoints, etc. SoO is the first raid they are adding a skip for that didn’t originally come with one.

They might start adding more for other MoP raids, then they might start adding them for the Cataclysm raids but at the moment, until you start going way, way back, Dragon Soul is a tiny sliver of a raid in the time it takes compared to Siege. Next they might do a Black Temple or ICC skip when it comes to really big raids getting their straight-to-end methods… I would have said Antorus but at the same time considering the number of people who fret over Eonar existing but it already had a skip mechanic.

Siege had a really, really long amount of walk time between encounters in addition to having fights like Galakras which might bug out and Iron Juggernaut which will soft-lock your raid if you kill him too fast, plus Spoils being wonky when doing it solo or Thok just having a mile-long walk to get to him.

Spine wouldnt be so bad if it didn’t reset all the werk you’ve done and sent you back to the start of the raid.

gestures at the link

It’s been up for a while now. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Howdy there! Like Watermist said, My thread about a skip for spine has been there for a good few months.

Unfortunately as seen, the potion did not help as the Spine of Deathwing encounter still took me 40 or so minutes to complete, including a few wipes. The issues is more to deal with the overwhelming amount of stuff happening on the screen at once with the threat of being thrown off the back. Its akin to overstimulation of the senses.

6 Likes

Ahh so its a minor issue with no real need to go back an fix it then. They dont seem to care which is par for the course.

Y’know I seen this months ago and was like oh that’s cool that blizzard went back, key word THEY WENT BACK TO THE OLD RAID right? Right. To put an item to help people that have motion sickness, INSTEAD OF LETTING EVERYONE SKIP IT LOL,

Blizz: yeah imma just go throw a npc in thereee for the motion sickness players even though dragon soul is hated for this fight, nahhh I’ll still let them do the fight. :rofl:

Might as well give me a potion vendor that sells potions that prevents me from getting knocked off off deathwing while they are at it while I’m twiddling my thumbs or going on social media waiting for 9 stacks. ( Yes ik you can use his pores and sit in them, haha bad joke )

1 Like

Well, they added a skip to SoO… maybe this could get one too.

4 Likes

Ditch the roll and I’d be happy.

My man this question has been asked more times than I care to count. Blizzard has some sort of bias to this Raid let me explain.

The raid encounter lets be real is not a solo fight even though players with enough determination can solo it.But there are less of them and more of those like me who just want a skip added.I am sick of seeing replies like get good etc, that is not the point of asking for a skip at this stage. Our damage each expansion since Cata has gone up to a point where even wearing armor in Dragonflight for example can make mobs die if they connect with an ability and then you are back to square one of the fight.

They literally have an NPC to initiate the encounter and have flat out refused to put a dialouge option there for those who just want to farm Madness of Deathwings drops or rogues who need Madness of deathwing items for there Legendary Dagger’s.But as the years have gone by what have we had done as far as raid skips go well to start Blizzard added a bypass/skip to Valithria Dreamwalker in ICC because players who had no healing ability cried so much. Then came the quest skips in WoD and Legion (Which idk why werent put into BFA SL etc they worked and still work well) And there latest rad skip is Siege of Orgrimmar. a 40 minute max raid for anyone wanting to get the transmog now has a skip right to Garrosh. ( I dont mind this one but it being given treatment over ths Threads topic still made me salty).

In closing I hope eventually we get a skip for this raid.And if anyone can find a post by blizzard outlining why they dont/wont do so could you let me know I have yet to find a reason why they have not done this seeing as this Raid has A) Meta achievement for a mount and mounts in general.B) Rogues who want there Legendary Daggers would be more inclined to finish or even start this place again.C) Transmog from Madness of deathwing are mainly weapons and some very nice ones at that and I can imagine this having a skip once you reach spine the raid would go from F tier maybe all the way to A tier.

In closing keep spreading the word about this and please refrain from any comments/replies that try to negate any of the above points because you will most likely be wrong and I dont want to debate that mentality.

1 Like

This wouldnt be hard to do at all. They have shown this with the SoO skip which eliminates 99% of the whole raid. Trust me if they wanted to add a Spine of Deathwing Skip they would but for some inane reasoning that I have yet to see from them I am not and no longer am holding my breath or any hope. But if they did wake up and actually listened to players on this topic and found a way to make it possible I can only imagine the hype around it. So many more worthwhile things to accomplish in Dragon Soul than SoO for comparison. And if they are planning on more Insta Raid skips why not a skip right to the Lich King. or right to Illidan? seeing as they can do it once they can do it more.

Or maybe give us a skip. Its so ridiculously long and tedious. >.<

1 Like

Day…-checks calendar- “I’ve lost track” of not getting any word about a skip for spine.

Now that I look at it SoO getting a skip before spine is a slap in the face. Dragon soul has an achieve tied to it for getting the blazing drake. Very highly doubt there’s an achieve for getting the shoulders off Garrosh.

Not trying to demean those that have been throwing plate users at SoO for years but SoO is a “spend x amount of time issue” where as Spine is “good luck with this single encounter that you prob still suck at even solo due to x reason.”

1 Like

Eonar can be solo’d, I did it on my Mage.

Oh this thread is 2 years old. That’s fun.

We’ve been fighting so long…:smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

At the very least let me just attack Deathwing’s plates myself instead of trying to gather up the bloods.

Super tedious but it’s the only boss fight that you can AFK for most of it by design so that’s neat

I know that this is a necro thread but i learned something new. Mindblown.