Why even have a premade LFG?

Sorry Blizz but almost daily I go into Premade LFG to find dungeons to pug with fellow players and it is full of third party sellers, sometimes almost completely! When is this nonsense going to stop? years of this! I know its beating a dead horse but this crap is nonsense to your legitimate players. People paying real money to have people run them thru dungeons is the lamest thing I have ever heard of…weak

1 Like

Do you have any reasonable solutions?

I own my own business, when there is a problem it gets solved even if it takes some time. This billion dollar company doesn’t have the resources to deal with this issue? hogwash…everyday I log in and spend half my time right clicking and reporting groups so I can filter down to actual groups on my screen looking for players. Blizz should be able to trace these accounts and go beyond to get the root if they really wanted to. Hire a small team to do this perhaps? Again I have had a business for 25 years now, issues get solved or we still wouldn’t be around. Makes you wonder if Blizz either cares or wants this…Perhaps make a LFG for sellers if you are going to aloow this and not do anything further to squash it…

1 Like

The real problem is that so many people are buying these runs that anything Blizzard does simply doesn’t make a difference. Without the demand, there wouldn’t be sellers. I’d be curious as to the ratio of players who purchase runs to those who don’t, within the subset of players who do dungeon content to some reasonable degree.

At the end of the day though, people are gonna do what they want. I’ve never found these runs a hindrance to my ability to find a group, it’s just annoying. You can get a mod, Premade Group Finder (I think?) that will filter these out automatically for you so that you don’t have to see them when looking for a group :slight_smile:

I know of several people who buy runs because they can’t get into or finish them on their own. How do you remove the incentive for that? How do you reduce the demand for it? It’s not against the ToS to sell carries for gold.

I personally been playing for 16 years, I don’t know a single player who purchases runs. It has to be one of the lamest and weakest things a player can do. Are you even playing the game being carried around? laaaaaammee…who does this? Who ever it is are some weak players…

1 Like

LFG filter add-ons work well

3 Likes

LFGSpamFilter greatly reduces the amount of spam groups to 1-2 at most for me. It’s quite nice having it remove the 40+ I was dealing with prior to the addon.

1 Like

possibly it’s not a problem to them?

They could ban the accounts selling runs and cut ties to Wowhead unless they stop featuring fatboss videos, since fatboss is one of the worst offenders.

1 Like

Group filter set to only show groups with 2 players in them nearly obliterates them all. If that’s too restricting, you can just set the dps minimum to 2.

If people making addons for free can figure out the solution, I’m pretty sure Blizzard should be able to figure it out without requiring people to go download third party addons

I agree that all the people selling runs in the group finder are annoying, but that hardly makes the group finder useless.

OMG! Thank you! You saved my day today! LFGSpamFilter works great. i recommend to all players who got sick of this crap in LFG.
P.S. Looks like add-on creators works better then Blizzard to stop spam.

2 Likes