Why elitism doesnt work in 2019

Well what’s yours? You haven’t provided anything to the discussion other than “umadbro” troll from 2004. If you really have nothing else to bring outside of CoD level of attempts to try and get a rise out of people then have at it. It actually puts you lower than the “elitists” that you seem to hate.

If a source can’t be used in a high school research paper, then it can’t be used to decide if a word is real or not.

Especially when dictionaries…where real words exist. Disagree. :slight_smile:

Its a slang word. Just like “rekt”

2 Likes

You do realize you can use wikipedia in college papers to an extent right?

I’m not taking anyone side but high school work isnt worth anything not even the time it took for the teacher to think of the assignment.

1 Like

Wikipedia is allowed in schools all over as a source. All schools? Maybe not.

h ttps://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/incel

It’s in that dictionary :slight_smile:

1 Like

To what extent?

And I am not saying I did it. On my own. But for a few weeks Ryan Reynold’s wikipedia page stated he was the son of Chevy Chase.

1 Like

Most classes let you use wikipedia that are under the 200 level in specific contexts.

For example when I took humanity credits a long time ago I was allowed to use wikipedia for cross reference citations.

You can manually refresh wikipedia pages to their base saved format that’s how. They however also tell you that prior.

2 Likes

I feel like using the specific citations in wikipedia is a bit different in the context of what I was talking about. That is on me. I should have been more clear.

It sounds like you were using more the citations than the wikipedia article itself?

Whereas the argument being put forward is “just because wikipedia has an article on the word “incel”, it means its a real legit word”…and not a slang one that is on par with “rekt”.

And yes. I know this is off topic. But the rekt vs incel controversy is more interesting than yet another thread on “elitism” aka…not getting invited to m+ groups.

Ok, Varb, if you really want me to answer your original question. Let me put on my amateur Psychologist hat. It is my belief that people who act superior or elitists because of their performance in a video game have extremely low self-esteem. Most likely, these individual don’t have much going for them in real life so their self-worth is wrapped up in a video game. Now, maybe you’re not one of these people, but a lot of these people do exist. It’s sad. I truly feel sorry for them. A disclaimer none of this is backed up by any evidence or a study. It’s just my opinion.

Man I was just trying to say that it’s a thing you can use if you’re using the basic saved format for pages. You can only use wikipedia as a reference citation or for a general knowledge citation.

Technically if were being super technical any word with enough popularity, use, set definition, and context is a word in some form.

Incel is a word and so is the slang version of wreck as rekt. No one says wrekt. Also slang words are real words.

Jalen, that hurts. I’ve always thought a lot of you. I just want you to like me.

Fair enough.

But now that we are off topic to the off topic conversation, I was mostly remarking how it was stated incel is a word, but rekt isn’t. With the only reasoning being that a wikipedia article for incel exists. :stuck_out_tongue:

My entire point was that they are both equal.

Good players not wanting to play with bad players isn’t exactly hard to understand.

1 Like

Whats funny is that threads like these can extend that saying.

Bad players don’t want to play with other bad players.

Just strikes me as bad players that want to defend the position of refusing to get better.

Why not put in the effort of working from the bottom up like those elitists did. You expect to drop right in to the harder content and be held by the hand till you get it? It’s not going to happen very often.

But I think often a bad player doesn’t see themselves as bad, or accepts it.

I know I am guilty of this at times too. I have thought I was playing great, just to see my logs and realized. Wow. I sucked. It was an eye opening experience on some fights. Made me relook at what I was doing and why I was so horrible. Where if I hadn’t of done that, I would have pushed ahead thinking I did awesome.

I am not trying to humble brag. Just relating a personal experience how I know I can fall into the “im not bad” mindset, and I often need a rude awakening.

That’s so elitist of you, wanting people to get better. I don’t have time to like, get good. I have a job a family and some other excuse to justify my laziness.

1 Like

I think that whole mentality is a direct reflection of society. People dont want to take the harder courses and end up with some degree in uselessness and expect life to conform to them.

My wife loves when I white knight.

“Babe, the underperforming nerds get a bad rap. They’re actually too busy to play video games competently.”

Instantly in.

2 Likes

Check my mythic logs. I was gray parsing as marksman since it was my first time with the spec at first, compared to my time with survival and now I’m getting closer to purple/legendary territory.

There’s no excuse besides laziness. If some idiot wants to whine about not getting accepted to a +10 despite never finishing a 2, that’s their problem.

They just want to blame this vague concept of what they think an elitist is, because they suck and won’t admit it.

3 Likes