Why Dragon Riding has made me feel less motivated to play WoW

Your old mounts arent meaningless, stop literally crying

but they are, i am not using them because it would be silly to use them over dragon and now that old world will get also dragon riding, the mounts are just to show off what is meaningless also

Iā€™ve yet to see customization I really want. I want my dragon to be a real dragon (four legs plus wings) - not a wyvern, not a protodrake or raptor thingā€¦so that gives one choice. Sure, I can change the color and maybe mess with the shape/style of some of its features (assuming I can get the appearance (many not accessible in casual content)), but those donā€™t really make the dragon feel different or even unique (definitely looking forward to the new one in 10.1 though).
I love that dragonriding is FAST (assuming you have the vigor), and you can get anywhere fast. I hate using it for farmingā€¦3 nodes and Iā€™m out of vigor, especially if one is on a pillar. I think that if regular flying (exactly as it is in the rest of WoW) were enabled in the Dragon Isles, you would find lots of people using it for different purposes (like farming). Youā€™d think that at some point Blizz would remember that players donā€™t like being forced to play in only one way, and want choice. Just let me fly how I want, and enjoy my collectionā€¦if it takes longer, why is that a problem to anyone but me?

1 Like

I for one prefer the fairness of everyone having the same mount.

I hate people who want exclusive nice things I wonā€™t have that they want to parade in front of me. It is people like you who made the Russian Revolution inevitable.

False.

Wrath had flying on the new continent right from the start. You could purchase the license for 1000 gold once you hit level 74 I believe.

Tbc also had flying from the start with another level and gold restriction.

Coincidentally WoW in general went more and more downhill the more control Ion had. It is like every decision he makes is the wrong one. Especially his wars on solo players (gearing, LFDing, general content) and flying. Ion hates everything that is good and likes everything that is bad.

3 Likes

Level 78ā€¦

They said later in the expansion they will allow normal flying. Ya know closer to the end of the expansion as per usual

I enjoy Dragonriding, and I like having a bunch of customization options for my drakes, but I wouldnā€™t complain if they added it to some older mounts, just for varietyā€™s sake.

Disagree, because Dragon Riding makes it hard to ā€œsitā€. Personally I find it way more immersive to see people soaring around, even if I see the same dragon more frequently, than a wider range of people just hovering their in suspended animation.

With that saidā€¦ are we really going to pretend even with regular mounts that it wasnā€™t the same dozen over and overā€¦?

Finally. Mounts have been a stale reward for a long time.
Out of (if I counted correctly) 94 possible mounts in BFA, youā€™ve collected 19.
Out of 72 possible mounts in Legion, youā€™ve collected 16.

So Dragon Riding has made you less motivated to play. I guess my question is were you really that motivated to begin withā€¦?

Iā€™m all for them letting regular mounts come back to DF. But I hope they focus and continue Dragon Riding over classic flying going forwards.

I have the same issue now that Iā€™ve had from the start of DF ā€“ Dragonriding gives me motion sickness, and it makes new content incredibly difficult, cumbersome, and exhausting. Every single time I try to catch up or get back into DF, I wind up sick and I give up before I really get started. It is easily the most frustrating thing Iā€™ve experienced in WoW and that speaks volumes, imo. I understand both sides of the argument, but I hope they introduce regular flying soon. I realize that not everyone has this problem, but I donā€™t see why allowing me to use a regular flying mount without any speed boosts would disrupt anyone elseā€™s experience whatsoever. I just want to enjoy the content.

As long as I can spin drop you off that regular flying mounts to your death, Iā€™m good with it!

It isnā€™t since thatā€™s a huge part of WPVP in DF. Course, you safe zone, LOLPvE kiddies arenā€™t in on the skilled parts of the game!

The funniest thing is there are hundreds of mounts, yet I see the same dozen or so being used everywhere.

2 Likes

What some people seem to forget is that thereā€™s quite a few which simply didnā€™t age well, so thereā€™s a fairly large portion of the available mounts that just look terrible by most standards. That said, Iā€™m well aware that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all of that fun stuff, so Iā€™m sure someone somewhere loves riding around on a generic horse or wolf mount that is almost 20 years old now.

Blizz is forcing us to use Dragon Riding in order to pad engagement numbers of the feature to shareholders. Blizz did the same thing last expansion with Torghast.

By forcing onto the players. It only proves that Blizz has no confidence in this feature.

Let people choose how they want to play Blizz.

2 Likes