Why dont you like demon hunters? for those who do like em, why?

for those who dont like them why? for those who do, why? ive been debating on weather or not to rp one

You become the very abomination that you so sought to despise and terminate, how are you any different?

Basically Fel taints your soul and persona deeply that over time you’ll lose it and become something else while still conscious as well as depending the severity of how much Fel you leeched and the mutation to being fully demonic.

There is nothing noble to sacrifice the many just to get to the goal to defeat the enemy as how you see it for, that is illidan stormrage, reckless and egotistical.

I cannot judge the entirety of the rest DHs as not some share the same philosophy. It is the concern that Fel all the same is a dangerous addiction for power at the greater cost of losing yourself.

This can be said the same for the DKs,

Ultimately they’re already doomed at the end regardless justifying your “noble” goals or otherwise. Life was corrupted and it corrupted or annihiliated life around it.

That is why I strongly oppose Fel, Undead and Void; DK, DH and anything Void related

where in lore does it say all DHs eventually lose thier soul and form to demon form

It might be a good idea to specify whether you mean liking them IC or OOC. It’s an important difference.

For instance, you may like them due to their lore, Illidan and their concept; even though your character might loathe them due to basically being suffused by foul fel magic and evil demons, or just simple prejudice and superstition; whether justified or not.

Or vice versa, if you mean disliking a class/race for OOC reasons, such as them having a tendency to attract unpleasant crowds or you may have disagreements about the lore/theme.

Speaking from an OOC perspective, I’ve had mostly good experiences with Demon Hunter RPers. From what I’ve been able to tell, the two biggest challenges faced by demon hunter RPers tends to be:

1. Actually playing up the fact you’re a half-demon, as opposed to just a different looking elf. Demon Hunters have a treasure trove of character potential, don’t squander it.
  2. Finding RP partners. When you’re a demonically possessed super soldier wielding dangerous and taboo powers, it might be difficult to find reasons to hang around ‘normal people’. And most normal people would need a good reason to approach you. This can make finding RP a bit more difficult.
1 Like

mostly from a lore perspective

“What, exactly, separates them from the Sunfury degenerates that nearly ravaged Quel’Danas in their fel drunk stupor? Discipline some will no doubt answer. Hmph. They scarcely know the meaning of that word. Chaos is an unwieldy tempest to be trusted only in the hands of Blood Magi with centuries of magical acumen like myself. These peasants that bound themselves irreversibly to the ruinous powers are nothing but time bombs. I, for now, tolerate them in the name of political expediency but when they become rabid I’ll think little of binding the beasts to my will”

2 Likes

in character, demontune finds most of the illidari to be reckless in there attacks against the legion.
out of character.
they stole my meta.

Do or do not… let it be YOUR choice.

i like the deviation from the typical nature loving elf formula. they’re emo nelves with big warglaives and demon powers and i think thats dope as hell.

They’re the latest FotM and a pain in to kill. Plz no.

As to my other reasoning (yes, I hate them cause of current balance and meta) they’re too out there for me and there are so god damn many. If they were as unpopular to play as shaman, I’d maybe give them more of a pass. They’re suppose to be rare and yet I see them everywhere. Really kills it for me. At the same time because of that, I know how to have fun with them. “And what demon did you munch on? An imp?”

1 Like

They make it look too easy. The idea of living out any semblance of a casual life as a Demon Hunter seems laughable, and yet I see DHs that have profiles like “Retired Sin’dorei who works in the local flower shop.”
If overcoming all that evil energy was possible to that degree, what the heck is wrong with Felwood, or anyone who’s life was destroyed by demonic influence? It’d be like finding out Polution irl was actually a good thing, we were just thinking about it wrong!
What do you mean people in China have died just by swimming in the water?? You’re just biased, I’m telling you pollution really is okay. The Light, The Void, its all the same buddy!

2 Likes

From experiences oocly,the ones that were in past PUGs were mostly inconsiderate jerks whod either spam meters liberally or berate party members who made even the smallest of mistakes. On the forums a good number of posters who left the more mean spirited and discouraging comments have been DHs these days so it makes the perceptions about them pretty hard to shake.

RP wise Ollie doesn’t necessarily have issue with them but some of their actions do make him squiggy. OOCly,the MRPs I’ve read feel like a contest of who can out-edge one other since many tend to play them as the stereotypical edgelord you’d find in a Frank Miller graphic novel.

That’s a fault of the roleplayer, not the class.

Before them, you had Death Knights doing the exact same thing.