Why don't players like timers?

Thats fair. I can understand just people don’t like timers in general.

What would be your solution to keeping 5 man dungeon content relevant through an entire expansion then?

I’ve always hated timers since wayyy back in the 90s playing Die Hard on the playstation

https://youtu.be/JKBpkVggl04?t=416

The 4 other players are Then don't group with players like that Kaurmine I won’t, I won’t group for M+ at all :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So then don’t participate in M+ content then?

No one is forcing you to participate.

M+ was added to the game to make dungeon content relevant through the entire expansion, otherwise it would only be raid content after you got your 184 ilvl loot from the base mythic dungeons.

some people just don’t like Pressure.
Personally its one of my favorite things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk

2 Likes

It adds to the horrible go-go-go mentality, it promotes more toxicity in the community, and I don’t like to be timed. I want to go my own pace and do challenging things. The pressure of being timed isn’t fun, especially since I main tank, where all the pressure of getting us through on time is on me.

I’ll always advocate for removing that timer and just focusing on more interesting, challenging, and fun afflixes instead.

50 Likes

The timer is pretty dumb. I’d rather it just be a dps/heal check with the modifiers thrown in there too.

All the timer does is create toxic scenarios.

If it takes a group 20 minutes to do a +15 that’s great, if it takes a group 3 hours that’s also fine. Both groups should be rewarded with the same amount of loot.

I understand timers for a competitive scenario like the mythic world cup or whatever but for the average player doing mythics there is no competition, we’re just trying to get gear.

37 Likes

The timer freaks me out easily and makes me overly paranoid about ruining a run over a mistake or two, if something comes up.

I remember one time late in Legion, I tried to talk myself into it on a holy paladin alt that I was learning to heal with by going “it’s okay, it’s just +2, everyone is overgeared and you’ve done this dungeon a few times normally anyway. Nothing’s going to go wrong.”

I get one pull in and the power goes out on my street for the next half hour.

18 Likes

Hey this is your supervisor. I need to you answer your phone. I have a project i need you to do thats due in 30 mins.

5 Likes

I remember your last bait thread, Jayden.

We should all know better now. :heart:

squints at the replies

Wait, is the timer some how keeping all these dungeons relevant for the whole expansion? How does that work?

6 Likes

I have zero issue for those who are good enough to push content to its limits. However, the mentality of GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!! permeates everything. THAT is the issue.

22 Likes

Is this really that common? To date including legion and BfA, I can’t actively remember this in any notable way… and I was doing 15s in BfA =/ 10s now.

The timer is lazy. Instead of using design and concepts to make a thing harder, let’s just shave 10% off the time limit.

So lazy.

31 Likes

I want a timer in Torghast!

Yeah have at me!

1 Like

I would just have two modes where there’s no timer or timer. The no timer will have harder fights and the same affixes in dungeons as M+. The Timer will just be the regular M+.

2 Likes

Then your IT guy leaves the project because there’s no way we finish in time… And calls you a scrub.

8 Likes

Meh, hopefully the development teams looks at this and maybe brainstorms some ideas not to have only a timer in m+ …

But I mean one could argue that 99.9% of topics are bait threads

1 Like

Not an every run thing, but if we’re about to fail the timer (probably due to a lot of deaths and sloppiness) I’ve definitely seen people say that they’re done with the run since we won’t make it in time.

1 Like

…Interesting question.

I present you…GW2 dungeon…I mean fractal. No timer but hard as f***.
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHtBnK38C6U

2 Likes

Mostly because I value my time, and even losing 30 minutes of my life is not fun after I’ve already lost 30 minutes trying to find the right group

7 Likes