Why doesn’t blizzard trust people to play it’s game?

MMOs by nature are treadmills and full of hurtles. Rewards are at the end of a tunnel. The problem right now is everyone is used to instant gratification and want all the rewards dumped into their laps immediately.

Geezus just log on and play and stop demanding for all of the rewards on day one. I think a lot of you find more fun crying on the forums instead of actually playing the game.

5 Likes

Pathfinder was created because players chose to level up the easy way with LFG and just buy flight. It’s not a lack of quality, it’s players being lazy dinks who want to fast track to max and avoid the game as much as possible. They either had to deactivate LFG (which would be a huge problem for small servers and players who play on their own time) or disable flight. This was the compromise. Complete the content over the course of the expansion and gain flight later.

2 Likes

It’s just because it’s a guaranteed way to get certain types of players to keep playing and to stay subbed.

Personally though the constant grinds and need for higher gear in pvp has just burnt me out rather as of late. It’s not like I don’t want to pvp since I do enjoy it quite a bit, I just can’t stand the grind anymore.

1 Like

I don’t think it has anything to do with laziness. Questing at the point LFD was implemented was just as simple using questhelper, which the majority of players were using at the time. Both activities can be done sitting down watching movies simultaneously. I don’t like doing that personally, but apparently that’s a thing.

Questing has almost always been faster than queuing unless you’re a really fast tank, which some would argue requires more engagement than questing on a DPS anyway.

Removing flight just makes things take longer. Blizzard’s thought is that it makes the world more engaging, but really it just allows you to do less in the time you have to play. For me, it makes things drag and inhibits my desire to do certain things. Not because I’m lazy, but because I only have a set amount of time to play. If a certain activity is going to eat up that whole time block, I’m going to choose to do things that’ don’t so I don’t feel like I spent my whole two hours barely making any progress.

That WQ all the way over there that I have to traverse Naz or Argus levels of terrain to get to? No thanks. I don’t want to spend 10 minutes walking. I’ll just do something else or, better yet, log out and mow my lawn.

Arbitration doesn’t feel productive to me. It just feels like arbitrary player manipulation.

13 Likes

because Watchers ego couldn’t handle being told no for once and his response to the players hurting his precious feelings he created pathfinder as a means of punishment all because his bosses ordered him to fix the mess caused by his shortsightedness

the truth is this was all about hubris and ego they tried to force no flight on the players and when it blew up in their collective faces this was created as a means to get things their way regardless

Blizzard cant get the players to openingly support flight taken away then they’ll make it so mind-numbing tedious they’ll then say you what fine its a PITA keep it then

its a no win situation for players if we do PF then Blizz calls it a success however if we don’t then they’ll use that against us by throwing us that “you think you do but you really don’t” line

8 Likes

because they want you to work for it in terms of putting forward an effort instead of a gold sink

1 Like

You can’t say “It’s an RPG,” then talk about how it’s okay for them to funnel you into the exact gameplay THEY want. If it’s an RPG, let me roleplay the way I want.

19 Likes

i think it’s more than just playing the game at this point. they don’t even trust us enough to tell us basic things like “oh ya, the brutosaur is a limited time mount so be sure to get it this expac if you want it!”

i think they just don’t trust us period.

3 Likes

Blizzard would rather have a Pyrrhic victory than concede defeat

A Pyrrhic victory is a victory that inflicts such a devastating toll on the victor that it is tantamount to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has also taken a heavy toll that negates any true sense of achievement or damages long-term progress.

theyd rather burn the game down than admit it was their fault for pushing this no flight plan and just focus on doing their jobs and create content players would enjoy which would keep them playing far longer than being forced to grind out flight

they want players subbed longer well unhappy players aren’t the way to do it loyalty goes a long way when its earned and not forced

11 Likes

Yes, yes I can. You seem to be confusing rpg with sandbox.

4 Likes

That doesn’t explain a 2-part PF spread out over almost a year.

Fine. Keep PF. Make it one part. Make it achievable within the first patch cycle. We all “see your precious content” (always a bs explanation) but then we move on.

5 Likes

Because people started quitting the moment new people came in and started making changes. And those new people just “out with the old, in with the new” and decided they didn’t respect what made the game fun in the first place. Instead of trying to turn that around they made excuses like “subscribers are cyclical” and “don’t like it? play other games” (yes, that actually happened).

To this day, that mentality still exists. I don’t really think they sat down and said “let’s make this not fun” - it inadvertently happened (unless Bobby Kotick were in charge of WoW development, then he would purposely make the game unfun). WoW is so old now that most of the people working on it are out of touch with what made the game magic in the first place.

7 Likes

Thank you OP for stating this. People keep saying that the current game is how WoW has always been. Thats a bald faced lie.

Older WoW was more popular, and did not spam you with things to do the second you logged on. There were rep grinds, but it was more of a side thing. It was not the main content for casual play. Dungeons were farmed way more by casual people for rewards. Now? We get Mythic Plus with endless difficulty. I don’t want mini raids, I want the old school WOLK/Cata/MOP dungeons back!

14 Likes

Stop thinking like a player and start thinking like a business.

Hell, they even tell you why they do what they do, “Time is money”, or did you think that was some cute Goblin rule of acquisition?

1 Like

Hey, I feel quiet glorious whenever I ride my hippo mount.

Idk, my partner is playing classic and he has to set asside 2 play sessions to gathering supplies needed to raid. (Granted one play session is him running around killing alliance players cause alliance soul shards taste better as cookies)

Lol and that is fine, but still I do not see the point of people who grind for stuff like that but then want grinding for things that actually progress thier character removed. I will say though that there are things that could make them better. Such as shortening the time gate on pathfinder and making essences account wide.

I’ll agree on the essence part.

Nothing story wise will be different so I personally don’t feel a need to redo all I just did so as to do M+ on my alts.

I guess if your standards are that low for content, then sure.

I have higher expectations than grinding stupid daily quests and ridiculous turtle puzzle games. I expect depth and a decent story if you want my interest.

9 Likes

How have you lasted this long after WotLK? Depth and a decent story telling took a dump after that with one quick bob to the surface for MoP below sinking to the bottom of the bowl again.

2 Likes