Why does this game cater so much to melee

i really wanna know why this game really loves its melee classes ? Feels like they dont care about casters. But all melee classes can take your health down quickly while face rolling the keyboard . Have to put in so much more work to kill melee that can leap across the map or kidney shot you and kill you in one stun .Or bubble and heal back up to full life with strong offheals .I feel the class balance is crap right now

11 Likes

Where’s the git gud mage?

16 Likes

l2p issue.

2 Likes

it doesnt cater to melee, melee is just easier to play and more straight forward

5 Likes

It’s a l2p issue for sure. Meta is shifting more towards wizards even as a type this.

5 Likes

Firemages can literally burst melee before they have a chance to fight back but the game caters to melee?

4 Likes

Wait I didn’t know gpyro and lightning lasso were melee abilities, where is mine please?

4 Likes

Didn’t you spend half 8.0 complaining that shadow was bad bc you were stuck at 1700? This is kind of ironic. I don’t think you can tell anyone it’s a l2p issue, even if it is.

1 Like

I made one post, that didn’t even insinuate shadow was bad. Just that it’s playstyle was unhealthy for the game.

Also man, you really come in hot and bothered after each forum ban huh?

1 Like

Congo Jack can congo tell you that blizz still thinks melees have an uptime of 50% and therefore have to be designed to hurt and dominate when they connect. In reality the uptime of most melees is legit 95%+.

6 Likes

Bouncing around 2.5-2.7 literally nothing but casters. They seem like they are in a really good spot, just a steeper learning curve.

4 Likes

isn’t that catering to melee?

maybe in previous expansions but nowadays most casters are just as easy and mongo playstyle as melee classes

1 Like

JuSt KIck GReaTer PyRo

1 Like

The meta has shifted to casters though… hmm.

1 Like

Whether or not melee are OP this much is true and it feels terrible to play against. The default should not be that melee are on their target and casters get a nanosecond of reprieve, usually not even long enough to cast a spell, when they use their kiting tools. It feels like the only way to stop a melee train is with either hard CC or Ring of Peace. I’d much prefer melee to hurt more when they connect but actually be kiteable. I don’t want it to swing the other way, mind, but there has to be some better balance than melee having 100% uptime except for a moment or two when a caster uses their kiting tools.

Honestly the biggest benefit of wizard cleaves feels like the fact that a melee train can’t be run on both of you simultaneously so each match at least one of you gets to play the game while the other one is being bent over and spending 90% of the match kiting, blowing defensive CDs, and struggling to ever be on the offensive.

1 Like

all these people saying learn to play issue. I learned to play and right now i’m seeing 1500 warriors around 2k rating. tell us all again how its a learn to play issue.

i wont be playing arena till they iron this rubbish out.

Lmfao…fadinglol is right too…you made a thread or 2 about how casters suck and such…i remember getting a little ban for it…GIT GUD kid…

As for OP…stop doing random bgs…lmfao…those rot your brain man…also a git gud situation.

2 Likes

Neither of you kids can read I guess, lol

Just give in and roll plate. You will love it!

-Former Mage