Why does the new ring feel bad to use?

I only have 1 of 5 characters where the new ring is an upgrade- and for some reason my gameplay feels so much more sluggish and clunky.

Anyone else experience something similar?

Loss of haste, presumably.

4 Likes

interesting
do you use logs?
cause every single person in my guild used the ring for raid last night and it’s doing 10-15% of all dmg
healers all raved about it as well…

Simc shows +2k dps for me even with loss of 5% haste from my other ring.

2 Likes

As a Blood DK, this rings very true :frowning:

[Note: No pun intended on the ring :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ]

1 Like

No stats.

You lose quite a chunk.

1 Like

Are 4 out of 5 of your characters Shadow Priests?

Struggling to understand this post otherwise.

There are some casters where the ring is a bit worse than 418 crafted rings, but I am not confident that OP has 4 casters with two 418 crafted rings each.

i really like the ring

got tons of free dps from my m+ setup and its contributing nice for the raid setup

ask a divorce lmao

All the healing gems I find revolve around doing damage very annoying for holy I’m yet to equip the ring cause it seems like massive downgrade.

1 Like

For me the best gem setup according to wow head on a 424 ring doesn’t come close to 405 crafted rings when simming for mythic+

storm gem + prophetic gem + desirous gem = gg

yw

The ring feels the same as any other ring

Tbh, the ring is meant for players that seldom/never step foot inside of actual content. It’s a way for them to get teh purpz without doing things that “trigger their anxiety.”

If you have the option, use any other piece of gear. Otherwise, you will always feel nerfed with it because it’s bad.

Maybe if you do some finger exercises, the ring will fit better and it won’t feel so bad? May i recommend thumb wrestling? Heck, if you become good enough you can enter the thumb wrestling championships!

eh? The explicit healing stones you should be using are Deluging, Exuding, and Wild Spirit. I don’t think any of those require doing damage. Though Deluging probably procs off of DPS spells too.

But for doing M+ as Holy, people will recommend the damage-dealing stones instead (since raw HPS rarely matters in keys anyway).

This is weird for you to say becaude I see Mythic raiding guild players using the rings for reclears. They’re already decked out in gear but this is still an increase for most specs.

That is certainly an interesting take. :dracthyr_shrug:

It’s an interesting take, also an inaccurate one based on interviews with Ion where he said even raiders who have cleared mythic Raz will want the ring if they want every possible advantage next tier.

1 Like

When you have to explain your pun, it’s no longer funny.

That was my understanding as well