Why does the developer team make the choices that they make?

They would be wise to up their “communication game”! Get a lot better, and keep Ion away from mics

No it’s not, a very small portion of the playerbase will ever visit the forums, an even smaller portion of that portion will ever say anything. More often then not those who do say something only do so to complain/qq. That isn’t a good sample size of anything.

GD in no way shape or form represents the playerbase. There is no unified voice here.

1 Like

This 100% they chase developer issues that players have little issues with and in fixing them they make much more severe issue that do affect players.

Legion had teir, artifact weapons, and legendaries taking up 7 of your gear slots.

BFA removed tier, legendaries and artifact weapons . Artifact weapons died at the end of legion and legendaries stopped working at 116 iirc so no reason to remove tier right?

7 slots to 4 the same 4 slots that tier would have taken up did this change help anyone?

No it made the game worse it added a bunch of worthless traits tons of resources put into a system that is impossible to balance, forces you to endlessly grind or be irrelevant for endgame content.

For what to fix an issue of too many required slots that was fixed just by making them not work past 116 and removing the weapon.

The current devs don’t listen to feedback and don’t seem to care about the enjoyment of the game’s community seem to enjoy wasting ton of money and time on fundamentally flawed ideas.

Water strider : They make a terrible mount equipment system. I would just add new water walking mounts.

CD stacking: They added the GCD to everything. I would have removed some cooldowns and put more power onto base skills.

Flying: They choose time gating it. I personally hate flying but it’s in the game and I would just embrace it design the zones with flying in mind.

Most of the issues the game has is the current devs seeming to want to tear down everything past devs have done and spend more time worrying about forcing players to play the game the way they want us to then the enjoyment players have playing it .

WoW is a game it is meant to be fun and they don’t care about player enjoyment only time played metric so grind that ap folks.

6 Likes

So it should be ignored? Where would you draw your feedback from?

yeah but that’s not the issue. It’s more a matter that flying is so efficient that everyone is encouraged to use it. That’s less people you see riding around because they’re all in the air and not the roads and it trashes World PvP. Warmode minus flying is 1000X better than Warmode in Darkshore with all the flying mounts. On the ground, frontlines form and the battle ebbs and flows. No such thing when we swooped up and down from the air.

I would tend to agree. MMO-CH, reddit, and twitter all discuss probably 90% of the same grievances people have here. So does my Guild. So does my trade chat.

Yeah. I have a term for those people but I cannot call them that here.

WoW’s drop in popularity(blizzard in general really) would imply blizzard is moving farther away from consumer demand more then they are moving to it. Just because we dont have exact numbers on what the “majority” is, we can extrapolate a lot by a declining consumer demand since around the same time this team has been in charge.

Microtransactions/Cash shop is saving their butts right now.

Do you have any data to support that?

Support what?

If there are so many that truly enjoy the ground game then why doesn’t everyone who prefers that playstyle just stay on the ground? Then you’ll see like minded players. Oh that’s right. Every “anti-flying” person lacks the self control to do that.

That just proves that every anti-flying person values efficiency over fun.

I still say it and keep saying it. With flying showing they can run off players and Ion still on the job. That they are trying to downsize the game to go to free to play. Why. No clue. Yet there no other explanation that makes sense. They had a bad decision after bad ones and no one has got fired. Which someone should be based on the sub loss. As you can see they fire forum monitors and not the ones responsible.

That statement

I didn’t say anything about it being ignored. Most feedback is valuable to a point, but just because feedback is given doesn’t mean the devs have to agree with or use that feedback. (Just because feedback isn’t used doesn’t mean it’s being ignored)
They have to consider the long term as well as short term health of the game. Most of the ‘feedback’ seen in the forums only take into consideration the players short term fun with no regards to the game as a whole.

1 Like

Based on Activisions statements on where their revenue is coming from. Read their investor reports, its not hard to extrapolate where they emphasis increase in revenue. And if you have gone through it before, are you telling me you cant read between the lines with what they give out publicly?

I have other theories as to why WoW is declining and it’s not really that Blizz doesn’t “listen to the community” but that the game is old AF and the genre is not very sustainable in the way it was when WoW was new. Like, convenience and accessibility were thought forever to be what’s killing the game and it’s STILL why Vanilla fans say their version of the game is superior. This thread is in direct contrast to Vanilla fan’s perceptions of what makes a good game.

RTS games went down a similar path. They just lost favor.

1 Like

Not going to read the whole thread but I bet you are getting bombarded by the RP departments profiles saying just pay and enjoy the game or stop rocking the boat.

And in r/wow the second most popular post in the subs history is “A Letter to Blizzard Entertainment.” The first being the announcement of Classic.

I would say there is some pretty wide spread disagreement with the direction the game has taken in the last few years.

I mean youre not really looking at this with good faith, you’re just putting the wagon before the horse.

No doubt, we only see our side of the tapestry. However, where do you get feedback from if not from your own forums?