Why does LFR take so long to be released?

To be honest I understand until Normal - Mythic are cleared LfR should be stretched out but once those have been cleared a few times then LfR wings should open up faster.

4 Likes

That sweet extra month of sub money by releasing it over 6 weeks.

8 Likes

Because Blizzard hates you but loves your money.

2 Likes

Because
Greenguy makes a vague gesture at nothing.

2 Likes

I don’t do either so not one of my issues but just out of curiosity, why should those who play on harder difficulty levels see the content first?

1 Like

Actual answer, as posted by Blizzard years ago:

There used to be no delay at all. But when they added the determination buff in Throne of Thunder, they also started delaying the wing releases.

It’s to mimic a sense of progression. For raid teams, clearing the raid takes time. A raid is supposed to last weeks or months, not be cleared in a single day.

When they added determination, they made it so everybody was guaranteed to clear the entire thing within an hour or two. So the same patch they added determination, they also started delaying the wing rollouts.

Basically, since the fights themselves no longer take time to work through, Blizzard must fall back on using the calendar to do that, instead.

This all started with the Determination buff. You can’t separate the two.

Cuz no one would do dungeons or any of the other low gear stuff.

Theyd only do LFR for that entry level gear.

they need to start staggering the release of normal and heroic then as well since some group clear those in days.

4 Likes

This is how blizzard adds competition to pve. its a design philosophy you dont see in most MMOs

This gets asked often so don’t feel bad about it.

1. To simulate progression. Raids are meant to last a long while. Often, guilds will farm a few bosses until they can beat the next. This continues till they beat the last boss. Then they farm to prepare for the next tier.

LFR lacks this. The gate is to simulate the time investment.

1. To keep higher level raiders from feeling compelled to do it for tier and trinkets. Opinions vary on whether that is a personal issue, a guild issue, am addiction issue, or whatever. But the end of the day if there was no staggered release, a certain group of people would run it nonstop and hate every second. And they would make life suck for all of us (even more than they do now)

See all the complaints about higher geared players from M+ needing on items? Now imagine if Raiders were thrown into the mix too.

This is actually a good point. Normal should definitely be on a staggered release. Heroic… debatable. But 100% yes for normal since it can be cleared first week.

Because the raiders got upset and felt ‘required’ to do it to be as geared as possible. The whole ‘sense of progression’ thing is a lie, given Normal gets cleared day 1 on release. If it were about a ‘sense of progression’ they’d also time gate normal/heroic/mythic.

yeah, I don’t think they should do that but if that is their rational then be consistent. I think it is time for all LFR wings to be released within the first month.

1 Like

The teams for whom that is the primary content do not.

1 Like

Not by people who only do Normal.

1 Like

Just remove Determination from LFR, then you can have all the wings at once. Good luck in your 6 hour LFR wing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am in the same boat. I say release it all and let folks burn themselves out and learn some self control over a game. Not my problem if they feel like they gotta skip work and sleep for a purple pixel that will be irrelevant in 4 months.

But yes, if you have a logic to something, it should be applied evenly and fairly. If Blizzard wants to simulate progression for folks that would otherwise clear content the first week, apply it to normal

As opposed to those that ‘only do mythic’ and therefore don’t do normal/heroic, Brewa? Is a lightbulb fizzling out in your head?

LFR isn’t even real raiding and super easy. Terrible jokes aside what makes LFR the way it is because you have a large amount of random people. Which isn’t a huge issue but when half of the raid are watching netflix it becomes a problem.

1 Like

LFR should’ve been released day one, imho, but require you to clear all previous wings before you can queue for Raszageth.

neither do teams whose content is LFR clear it in ‘days’.