Why does getting kicked give deserter?

Hi,

Question here,
I was doing a timewalking dungon, had a tank that could literally not stop chain pulling their face off, running ahead of everything and out ranging the rest of the group by a mile.

he gets mad and votes to kick me, now i’m sitting here with deserter, when I didn’t want to desert.

I’m wondering, as title says, why does getting kicked give deserter? Deserter should be for rage quitters and leaves, not ppl who got screwed over by shi tty group.

1 Like

The problem is: People used to queue for randoms then if they got a dungeon they didn’t like, they would simply idle until they got kicked in order to find a new dungeon. It sucks that all of us have to get punished for the bad behavior of a few players but it’s to stop people from exploiting :confused:

Thanks for the insight.

Sucks that to stop people from exploiting, they created a way of grieving other players

Some of the time it deserves “Deserter” as a punishment for toxic actions (pulling while not tank/dangerous ignorance of instance mechanics) or toxic conversation in the group. The rest of the time it just seems to be “just for the grudge of it.”

It really is a sin that many get Deserter without deserving it because they are a new player or lower gear than one might optimally want in their instance. Sometimes you can avoid those situations by letting your fellow pugs know that you are new to the instance or role you are taking.

It doesn’t matter what they or any other game developers do, people will figure out a way to behave badly. There’s only so much policing and tattling that can happen. At some point, people just have to be responsible for their own actions stop being sh*ts to each other, but that isn’t likely to happen in an anonymous environment like the internet.

2 Likes

I can’t understand to why the anti social people
play a massive multiplayer game for then act like a mad psychopathics
those people are definitively ruined the game
just like they ruined this forum by reporting others without any good reasons
blizzard should totally remove all those features where psychotics can abuse

Some people are just bitter. Some are entitled. Some derive pleasure from insulting others. Thankfully it’s a pretty small percentage overall, their numbers just seem amplified because they stand out a lot more than the average or great people out there. A bad taste leaves your mouth more slowly.

Maybe we’ll see something like Overwatch’s endorsement feature in the future. It seems to have improved OW’s games quite a bit. Didn’t completely get rid of the crazies, but nothing does.

1 Like

Oh! that does sound like a better system than punishing perceived negatives. Reinforcing good behavior and promoting great players is an awesome mechanic!

Ahh dangit, that is why they did it. Not so much a problem anymore, but yeah, I remember those days and yeah it was warranted.

Yeah true, and more often in my experience people want to blame someone for someone else’s actions or because of their own inability.

Betchya I get kicked substantially more often than anyone here each week, and I’m not even being toxic. There’s simply a lot of big babbies out there who want to cry and blame someone.

The kicks to me are rare vs the praise I typically get when you look at the raw %'s, but because I run so many dungeons, the raw number is a lot more than your average player.

Like just now, I got kicked from a Legion heroic because this rogue kept pulling stuff and then running it onto the healer. So I got blamed for it because I was chainpulling (and doing 90% of the dmg mind you) so it ‘musta been that tank killing us’ when in fact, it wasn’t. Actually the dps was dying because they kept standing in fire, and that caused the healer to spam heals, which caused the adds the rogue pulled off on the side to stampede the healer.

But hey, musta been my fault right? Kick that toxic tank!.. that was carrying us all… despite being in a heroic… and we’re all the same level… and they shoulda at least been doing comparable deeps.

:roll_eyes:

that sounds like what I saw happen to a Paladin DPS in Mogushan Vaults. I saw the paladin die twice in stuff, and both times he ran back, which I had no issue with.
Then a vote to kick pops up “dies too much” or something like that. I voted no, kick passed anyways.
I asked group why they couldn’t be nice and just tell paladin “dont stand in stuff” (takes less time to type that, then to vote kick imo)
Tank’s reply: “not my job”

It seems that tank just didn’t care.
Too lazy to be nice I guess.

The paladin I am pretty sure got a deserter, because I soon left myself because I did not want to be in a group with a tank like that, I got deserter too. I put that tank on ignore and logged into an alt. I’m glad deserter debuff ticks down even when offline.

I dont blame OP for what happened to them, and I feel it shouldnt have happened. The Paladin was unfailry punished because an inconsiderate player didn’t care about them.
There was no need to kick the paladin, we were taking trash down pretty fast, and the paladin was willing to run back in the instance, he even wasted no time to release and catch back up with us in seconds. His deaths weren’t harming anyone (except himself, in the cost of gold for repairs). Being kicked with deserter debuff was like salt on the wound.

It is unfair imo, but this sadly happens far too often as long as the current system stays as it is.