Why does everyone hate SL?

Like i genuinely want to know. i dislike it because Torghast is lame… The story isn’t that interesting… It feels like once you hit 60 there is stuff to do but at the same time there isn’t besides covenant quest… ETC

From what I have gathered from other people:

Time Gating, leveling because it’s so quick that there is no point anymore, they should just erase leveling; leveling because they preferred the longer leveling process of classic, the RNG aspect of legendary items, plus the general stuff such as carries.

ppl like sl
there’s no RNG to leggos
no one cares bout carries, they are always gonna be around, no matter what game, what xpac or type of content

there’s a lot to do once u are 60, I really didn’t understand whatu ment by there’s nothing to do, gearing takes a long time and that’s great IMO

the raid is great, it has been one of the best opening tiers yet

PvP is way better than it was in BFA with games not going to dampening everytime

The only somewhat bad part of the xpac has been scarcity of loot in pve content, but the pvp gearing is at it’s best state ever. Ion said changes to pve loot coming soonish

and the only actually BAD, really BAD part of the xpac has been the maw/torghast, but that’s such a small part of the game rn that I don’t mind it. 15-20 min/day on the maw and 1hr/week on torghast and I’m done

The xpac having such a strong and well liked first patch is shown by the amount of players still playing it after ~2mo after release.

Feels largely the same as every expansion, so I’d assume random whim and forum pileons.

Faux Classic is a festering pile of trash that feels precious little like classic did, so I sincerely doubt many (if any) are shunning SL in favor of it.