Why does Enhance shaman suck so much in BFA?

We don’t have healing from our wolves anymore.

3 Likes

I find enhancement to be like a glass cannon. They can do a crap ton of damage, but they are squishy as all get out.

Also this:

You restored a character, changed its faction and deleted it again because you did not like how one of its specs perform? What a waste of money.

10 Likes

because people like you complaining about enhance shaman who think all your rants will force blizzard to buff you, hopefully they ignore you till 9.0 and you get your class buffed accordingly. but for now just grin and bare it. im happy to see enhance go on FOM vacation.

Enhancement are more bad relative to other options, then bad themselves. I know that probably sounds similar.

But I strongly feel you can do content as enhancement. But they have two main issues ( I feel ) that makes them feel a ton worse.

1. Elemental is in a really really good spot.
  2. Other melee bring better survivability
3 Likes

This isn’t a thing. You’d have to be FotM before you could vacation from it.

2 Likes

110-116 scaling works largely in your favor, especially if you had 2 legion legendaries equipped… 117-120 is a trainwreck for almost every class & spec.

2 Likes

I mean, its his money. He spends it the way he wants.

However I must agree that going through all of that to just re-delete?
At least get to 120 and experience the content with gear/traits/essences a bit before coming to a conclusion.

It was really strong at start of xpac to a point that it needed to be toned down, but they went and nerfed Mana Regen, nerfed some azerite traits, removed/adjusted a pvp talent. To me it seems they designed the class a certain way and it didn’t work out like they thought it would, so they completely gutted it and it won’t be back until next xpac. This was a bad move for pvp because wow is designed to have counter classes and enhancement is a strong counter to a lot of casters, i.e. fire mage. And since enhancement is unviable in arena you see a lot of complaints about fire mage because one of their counter specs is not on the ladder.

They nerfed our healing, nerfed our azerite traits that made our builds work and took the healing away from our wolves. I play it because I love it but we have been gutted.

1 Like

no i think you missed the point. it wont be fom until maybe 9.0. and it shouldnt be the end all be all. even mediocre enhance is fine. people going ape who believe every spec must be superb is living in a world generated by a dreamer.

enhancement shamans defense was always its self healing with wolves which they changed for class fantasy in legion and casting healing surge which they gutted for enhancement in bfa.

enhancement is a shell of its former self.ret papadin feels more like the old enhancement then enhance.

Level up first.

It’s a far cry from being the be all-end all spec. Wanting to be competitive doesn’t mean we want to be OP. I work harder to pull mediocre numbers than my boomkin friend does with minimal effort. FotM is a go-to, high damage spec. I don’t know that that has EVER been enhancement. There have been times that it played well but it hasn’t ever been the default spec because people want to see pretty numbers.

Don’t even get me started on how little survivability enhancement has in pvp. Keep us stunned and there isn’t a damn thing we can do about it. We have no defensives, our healing was nerfed and our wolves no longer heal. We can’t astral shift while stunned for damage reduction.

Enhancement felt very hit or miss for me. If I could get a good string of Stormbringers I didn’t have any teouble dealing with multiple mobd, but if it remained on cd, a single mob was pretty harrowing. The big problem is not having Azerite traited heirlooms at 110-120 and thus miss out on the balancing abilities if you wanted that mahor xp boost.

Whoops, you honestly shouldn’t have deleted. Things get wayyy better once you hit 120. Just be glad you aren’t leveling a mage. :wink:

Enhance has a problem with lower cleave damage but strong single target damage. When fighting two targets I actually do better if I CC one, kill the other then kill the CC target. Your cleave is poor enough that time to die for both mobs is not that different. You can also cap totem and use the break to heal. In multi-target environments, I much prefer elemental. Earth elemental is a life saver when soloing goes bad.

If you want to play exclusively melee, playing shaman is a risky choice. Shaman is a great class if you are willing to swap between enhance/elemental to meet the game situation and as the specs and gear evolve.

With that said, I prefer to hop on my monk if I want to melee this expansion.

Never judge a class till it hits max level and gets whatever the current xpac gives them for flavor. Arms warriors suck until they start to get higher level skills, that they should’ve had at lower levels. And some of the AZ traits make them bearable. And I think heirlooms don’t perform/scale well in the higher levels if I remember correctly.

I love enhancement shaman and always will though they killed the fun somewhere around Legion for me. I think it was a pre-Legion patch that just destroyed their survivability or that’s when the WoD scaling got wacked. and it just went downhill from there.

And I take Earthen Shield and Natures Guardian as talents and I have no problem surviving. The other talents in those rows aren’t much better imo and anything that helps a less tanky class survive is great. Plus, for 20 maelstrom you can insta cast your heal so no problems there.

If you want survivability roll a class that wears cloth or leather…ones that have no ability with the word heal in them will have better self heals than any dps shaman. This is bfa.

1 Like

Or you could play a mage and be a cannon not made of glass