Why does Blizzard hate caster comps?

Look at the top 7 3s arena comps. The only caster comp is Demo/Ele. The only other caster in the top 7 is mage rogue and the mage is more utility for the rogue. So what gives?

2 Likes

Top 7 ? lol that is a small example there so bad take… Casters are just fine and with the most recent buffs to warlock and spriest they are even better. So what gives with your bad take ?

1 Like

I don’t even have a witty response to this post.

So…something, something, may God have mercy on your soul.

7 Likes

ok, so what caster comps are big in rating?

And by the way I meant top 7 comps, not top 7 rating.
Top 3v3 comps in Shadowlands S3 (luduslabs.org)

Okay well your problem is you’re looking at top 7 comps.

As 6/7 of those comps are RMP then your sample pool is extremely small.

Demo enables every Quidditch Cup honestly.

Felguard is a bargain warrior

2 Likes

nobody wants to face double caster get it thru ur head

3 Likes

Jokes on you.

I’d rather die to dots than die to kidney shot

4 Likes

splay is fine
l$d as you said is fine
magelock cant be that bad

yea there are less caster comps, but there are also less casters

casters are fine

1 Like

I imagine it’ll pick up popularity again soon with Demo/Frost then probably Hpriest, maybe Druid.

1 Like

ROFL what? Caster comps atm are super strong.

Caster comps with a lock are super strong. I’m not sure all caster comps are that potent.

IE SP works well with Demo War and Assassin rogue right now. Probably Outlaw too.

Mage works better with Rogue than Fire Mage Demo.

Boomkin works well with SP (likely will see a resurgence in this comp) and DH.

Caster Comps are not top tier atm - I could see Aff SP MAYBE with some more nerfs to RMP in the future.

When I say top tier - they are still all glad viable. I guess I’m talking about oppressively strong like DH Boom last ssn.

Had a 7 and I think 9 minute game into nf priest and outlaw, yeah. Nothing takes damage.

Yep. How is boomie with ele? Or boomie with demo?

1 Like

All I’m gonna like from SL, is that Ret got its meta

SP Ele and Ele Demo are better than Demo Boom and Ele Boom atm.

Boomkin is in a weird spot feels good with a Warrior/DH mainly but kinda eh with a Demo because their damage is very go driven.

I’m positive it’ll still work but Boom damage is a bit scuffed.

Cyclone is amazing so a good Boomkin will style on kids - but it’d be rare to find a boomkin who is skilled enough versus a rando LFG Lock around your rating to play with in a caster cleave.

I highly doubt you see frost/demo. There are so many ways to get zugged as that comp that it seems almost unplayable, esp with people realizing unholy is busted.

And for your boomy question; Boomy ele is trash, boomy demo is meh. You’d kinda just rather play boomy with affi or destro if your’e gonna play L$D2

Yea unholy reallllllly hurts right now - on top of the healing and defensives that hard counter casters (outside of Fire Mage).

Yeah cuz literally everyone only plays melee and melee hate competition.

It’s a very sad playerbase.

2 Likes

or because it isn’t fun to have to push into two casters that are standing in firing range formation. when double caster is overtuned the play is to sit on a pillar for the vast majority of the match, which means neither team has fun

and i’ll go out on a limb and say that anyone who suffers the misfortune of qing into overtuned double caster knows full well that the same two casters wouldn’t accomplish anything as caster melee