Why do you think raiders are better than everyone?

As an RPer I know how it feels.

But PvPers have had their season abruptly end yesterday, with no ETA fix in sight. This comes after an entire expansion of neglect (no vendors, terrible gearing system, no balance changes in over a year) meanwhile you bend over backwards for raiders. Because the PvP season is “over” none of them can queue to try and raise their rating, I guarantee if there was an issue that somehow prevent Mythic raiders from wiping on Azshara once a week you would’ve fixed the problem before it even started.

From the RP side of things: add player housing. Add last names. Let us pose like NPCs, give us some of the amazing customization NPCs have!

Raiders are not the only ones who play your game.

8 Likes

But the devs come from raiders :stuck_out_tongue: You look out for your own.

It makes you wonder why they ignore it. With e sports becoming more popular. I figure they should expands on pvp more to get more crowds. Nope, instead ignore it. My kids love watching the pvp aspects of e sports and i rarely see anything with wow in those videos.

1 Like

Because raiding is raiding. Of course its better.

Blues posted that it was unintentional and they’re working on a fix. This thread is pointless.

2 Likes

PVE players are lame thats a scientifically proven fact

2 Likes

As an RPer, I don’t. They gave us some love by taking sharding out of old content on our servers.

I don’t want player housing. I see no need as an RPer. I RP in the world, not hidden away.

No. Not all races have last names.

Add the option for either a space, hyphen or apostrophe. That covers last names and other naming options that already exist for NPCs in this game.

Eh? I can stand still like an NPC.

4 Likes

This carries more truth than I’d like, especially the current design leads who are constantly pushing an endgame-centric design to the game.

At least the original designers, while a few of them were definitely hardcore raiders from Everquest, were more constrained and the team as a whole was more focused on providing a good experience for EVERYONE.

Alas, they’re now gone… and the inmates are now running the asylum.

2 Likes

I don’t think raiders are better than everyone.

2 Likes

As an RPer i can tell you this is NEVER going to happen, we have been asking for player housing for years. Blizzards does not really care about RP players because its such a niche market.

The last, and probably only bones we will ever get tossed to us, were garrisons, and transmog.

I don’t think they dislike fluff or RPs but it’s more just how niche it is. if they say put resources into fixing Silvermoon up so that RPers now have a pretty place to stand… for a majority of players that is DoA content.

“Hey lets visit HD silvermoon, oh cool I can fly, Okay time to go play the game.” And that player is never back in Silvermoon.

Content that is more generalized and can be enjoyed by the majority is prioritized over more fluff content that is sparse because of just how wasteful it can be dev/time/money wise.

I wouldn’t mind if they added in some more RP features and hope they do, but its never going to be a XIV situation where you start getting more fluff than substance.

i mean, the raiders were okay this year. better than the jaguars, for sure, but i mean that’s not hard to do. man i really wanted good things for the jags. i thought blake bortles was gonna be their savior. maybe next year will be better.

6 Likes

The things that were good for RPs were auto accept groups and when you joined a group, sharing the same shard as the RL. Who gives a crap about the grand total of 2 people i’ve seen in 40 hours trying to pick flowers in warmode and the 5 people looking for a fight watching their target just log off or hit a 20 minute respawn timer. Grouping for Customs should have a option to toggle yourself into pvp/pve, and Swapping in and out of wm should be expanded to main cities like Boralus/Cheese dome as well. Rps should be able to have autojoin groups to rp seamlessly in and it wouldn’t cost anything. And/or interesting lore and activities to do and easy city transportation to say rp spot. Say, like a toy necklace with 2nd and third hearthstones and mass summons when rp was actively rampant.

I don’t see why Mass summon couldn’t be brought back in pve or pvp hotzones it was a good point of the game and quite fun and having a horde raid appear to zerg their way to Varian were always fun times.

Can you link to that post?

1 Like

I haven’t PvPed in a long time, but I think PvP deserves just as much respect as PvE. High level PvP should be extremely rewarding for players who want to undertake the challenge.