Why do you suppose Sinfall has a link to the Maw?

It’s the only way in we’ve seen besides Oribos, and I got the impression it was a very old link instead of one Denathrius made recently. Why do you think it’s there?

Considering Revendreft’s purpose is to be a last stop until Maw it would make sense they have a way to directly send souls there.

10 Likes

I thought of that but it was inactive for a while, so I don’t know if that’s really it.

Sinfall is where the Sure used to experiment. Considering he’s allies with the Jailer, he probably made it to coordinate with him for some time. Or send ‘dreadlords’, unseen guests, or whatever to help him. Only abandoned because of the Light making it unbearable to operate easily out of.

1 Like

Makes sense to me.

I’m eager to hear more about the Light in the Shadowlands. I was honestly not expecting it here, especially not to that degree. I guess I just figured the Shadowlands was out of reach of the Light but I suppose if the Void made it there, so could the Light…

I feel that due to the purpose of Revendreth, the redeeming of souls, a route into The Maw would be accessible on the occasions that souls can’t be redeemed.
We actually see this happen in the original zone storyline where a council of Venthyr vote over a soul and end up deeming it unredeemable.