Why do you post on an alt?

I never got any gold or anything for free in this game just by being a female. I suck at womaning I guess. :frowning:

1 Like

Because sometimes the joke requires some additional effort.

https://i.imgur.com/HrWYbqb.gif

1 Like

I post on alts occasionally if the situation calls for it. For example, I remember a couple years back, there was a thread about the lack of Dwarf Rogues, so I posted on that character to lend my support. In the past 15 years or so, there have been threads dedicated to unusual class/race combos, so I will post on an alt there. However, I donā€™t think achievements gear or stats have any bearing on the point you have to make in a discussion. Though, extensive raiding history, or pvp might make you more of an authority on the subject if your trying to prove a point, but again, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal

I just like this avatar the best?

That and iā€™d rather not deal with the pettiness of armory arguments anymore.

2 Likes

I have found it very enjoyable since people who are unable to support their opinions always resort to pixel comparisons to claim their opinion is superior.

1 Like

I post from whichever toon makes the most sense for the thread. So if itā€™s a thread talking about a certain class/race Iā€™ll post from that toon if I have one. Too bad post count is per toon not the account itself.

Why would you use anyone else to talk on the forums with that name, seems pretty obvious why you do to me. Good choice of a name. lol

I have had this character since BC. It was a troll, then a void elf. I post here and have never received in game whispers over forums posts. What are you all posting that works people up that much. I am genuinely curious.

2 Likes

I was going to go with ā€œCarebearā€ but that was taken.

You forgot the part where you dance semi-naked in Goldshire, some of my friends make about 20K daily by doing that =/

Aye, sucks when ā€œname is unavailableā€ happens, or if it is ā€œmature languageā€ like King is but then we have that word in game so its funny at times to depending on ones perspective on it.

One of the funniest (and saddest) things ever is when you catch someone replying to themselves on an alt.

Then when you catch themā€¦they go and create a completely new account so they donā€™t get caught replying to themselves next time.

It slows down the assumptions.

It reduces the value of linking commentary and tone to perceived intent.

You become invisible, for awhile. Then you are seen, then remembered, then invisible again.

1 Like

I post on whichever character feels the most relevant to the thread.

4 Likes

I post on my Undead alt because my main is an Elf and the forums have enough Elves around here.

3 Likes

Even when I play other characters, Iā€™ve always posted on my Warlock.

Itā€™s just easier that way.

1 Like

I mean technically we are all posting on alts as no one here uses their IRL names.

because i can. that simple.

Its really easy to find out who someoneā€™s main is :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ve not yet encountered a situation where I felt I wanted more privacy. If I post on an alt, Itā€™s because I feel the alt better represents the statement Iā€™m making.

If you read something I post and are curious enough to want to know more about what I like or dislike about the game, what experiences I do and donā€™t have, feel free to check my profile/achievements. To me, that whatā€™s it is there for.