Why do you love RP on MG?

As evidenced by Tynae’s level…I’ve never spent much time on MG. I’ve been almost exclusively on WrA for several years now but I’ve been feeling burnt out and considering a change. I’ve logged in a couple times just to peek around Stormwind and am amazed how how thriving it is compared to the (relative) ghost town I see on WrA.

So…what’s RP like here? What brought you to the server and/or keeps you on it? I play both factions and would love to hear perspectives from both. If it helps any - I’d be joining a guild and enjoy participating in bigger community events. Walk-up isn’t often my thing, though I appreciate the life and immersion it can bring to the game.

I’ll allow this charming little music video to explain…

(IS that blood on the floor…??)

3 Likes

I think what I really love is the diversity of it… and if I’m to be very frank, most of the appeal to me these days are my two “dedicated” RP friends. They are no drama, no ooc nonsense, totally laid back if I rather chill and do something else than RP since I like other aspects of the game too.

All that aside, I also like the fact there is walk-up RP readily available anytime I feel like running up to meet someone new! (I often tend to pick the “loners” who seem to be standing on the sideline by themselves for that.) There are also a lot of events and I’m just now thinking about perhaps finding a RP guild for my two main RP characters - and there is lots to pick from. So basically, it’s where my friends hang out + large diversity in things to do and ways to meet new people :slight_smile:

I should also mention that I love to see all the efforts people put into events and community - including H-MG (which is looking more tempting for each day that’s passing by, I’ll say!) Great initiative all around really.

… I might also be a bit biased since MG is the first realm I landed on once I started out on US servers, despite hearing that WrA might be closer to AD-Europe where I come from.

6 Likes

I just like to enjoy the community of bigger folks and Moonguard is one of them.

4 Likes

I moved to Moon Guard during patch 5.3—I’d just returned to WoW and really disliked how the game felt less social; I decided to level a new character here because I assumed players on an RP realm would be more inclined to talk to each other and this was the only server I’d heard of like that. Honestly, it was a great choice.

This realm has always had a massive community willing to make events on an incredible scale; there are numerous projects and groups that host public campaigns, fairs, markets, and shows where I can arrive at whimsy and interact with a pool of hundreds (sometimes thousands) of other players. They make the world feel dynamic and interesting beyond the scope of WoW’s current story and are great places to meet friends.

Of course—There’s definitely a chance to meet people that you dislike, as well as a likelihood of seeing something dramatic unfold, but I think it’s important to take those negative encounters with a grain of salt so that you can prioritize the positive ones.

Our realm is the home to a lot of smart, creative writers who are extremely fun to play with. I was lucky enough to meet some of my best friends here—Now, I can’t really think of leaving them. :relaxed:

God I love all of the work Anna does!!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I enjoy it, because it has a community that I’ve grown with over the past decade. A lot of server/guild content is great.

6 Likes

The Trade Chat! . . . hears only crickets from the crowd

Goldshire? . . . single person coughs in the distance

Ok Ok … The IMENSE diversity in people! Each bringing a vast array of compelling stories to get involved in!

crowd cheers

10 Likes

So I’ll provide perspective from both Alliance and Horde. I have level 60’s on both sides (Multiple) am involved in projects on both factions of RP and as well as the neutrals.

Alliance has the great strength of a huge community and lots of things always happening. I mean always. Stormwind has something going on every night, they put on the biggest social events, and folks talk to each other. There is a lot of ability on Alliance side to just jump in feet first and get straight into things. If you are about it you can get into some intense social RP (SLP, House of Nobles, Assembly of Three Hammers, etc) or pop in with one of the many merc guilds. It’s a great community experience with lots of ways to get involved.

Horde has the great strength of being small (I know, stick with me here). On Horde a lot of the RP is story and guild driven. Because even the guilds are small they have to talk and coordinate with each other. And it leads to a lot of strong bonds and friendships. It can be a bit harder to get into but once you’re in - you are in. And Hordies love seeing new folks. They are open armed and just want to see the community of RP get better.

And then you have neutrals - there’s tons of them. You have two MASSIVE and longstanding Argent guilds (Argent Advance (H) and Argent Onslaught (A)), lots of small adventure and merc guilds (Blackwater Company, Blackened Crest, Battered Hilt) and tons of neutral events. I think MG is the one realm I have seen where elixirs are pretty much a MUST have at all times. Plus MG does possibly the BIGGEST RP event in the entire game once a year - Tournament of Ages. If you want to interact with both sides, MG has it covered.

But really the best part of this server are the people. More than anything else it’s the friendships and people you’ll meet here. Hell, I’ve met several folks from here and even done IRL meetups with them. That is nothing I would have done in other servers.

9 Likes

I play Moon Guard on both sides, but I personally like the tight-knit community of Horde MG better, regardless of the fact that I play an Argent. There’s plenty of folks for me, but not so big that it’s overwhelming.

6 Likes

This SO much! I don’t think I have any characters on MG not carrying elixirs - and what’s even more fantastic to see, plenty of other people have extras that they share if someone shows up without one. The cross realm RP is so much fun :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I play on MG Horde because to me, it’s home. It’s where I know everyone and a community that’s come together to create something even greater than ourselves, a Better home that we can all say is Moon Guard Horde.

Yes, there’s not as much walk-up RP as it happens on MG Alliance or WRA Horde, doesn’t mean that we are dead or not here if the back to back to back 60+ crowds of people throughout the week-long RP Campaign we had in Durotar was any indication.

But the momentum is here and the community is ready to grasp it firmly and run with it, to create better things, a better home for new and old players.

6 Likes

Thanks everyone for the responses! I appreciate the insight. Probably going to roll a new alt and give the server a try - might even dip my toes into both factions and see how it goes.

4 Likes

I play on both factions myself. I’ve been playing WoW for 16 years now, and 9 of them have been on Moon Guard (man, time flies). I transferred from a PvE server and once I got into an RP groove, I never looked back.

What I enjoy most about Moon Guard is that there is something for everyone, Horde and Alliance. I came back from a 2 year break, only playing a few weeks at a time during BFA and not RPing much. I can say with confidence that it is the friends I’ve made in the Horde and Neutral RP communities since my return are what is keeping me subbed right now.

4 Likes

Hello folks. I normally don’t post on the forums, and honestly, it’s been…at least a year since I posted last. I joined Moon Guard back in 2009, and have played on here,. on and off the whole time. ( Bear with the story, I’ll answer the question soon, promise. ) I’ve watched the server grow and expand, with community projects that have come and gone, such as Aegis and Cobra, the Stormwind City Council, etc. For the most part, I have played mainly Alliance, though, in the past six years, I have also been spending more time Horde side.

What I love about RP on Moon Guard, is honestly, the people. The community. I know, there are those who will say that there is no community. And perhaps, in some sense, they might be right. But, when I say community, I mean all the people playing on the server. Whether Horde or Alliance, you can find folks who are looking to play, whether it be the Scarlet or a cultist, a Guard, or a criminal. And for the Horde, you have those filthy Forsaken, ( j/k love you rotters :slight_smile: ), you got the Orcs and Trolls, Nightborne, Blood Elves, etc.

There is RP out there for everyone. All anyone had to do is look. Even when some folks said Horde RP was dead, and, perhaps, there was not much to be found. But, there has been a revitalization effort underway, and I have personally witnessed RP coming back in force on the Horde side, which, makes me happy.

So, to summarize my bit of rambling, I love RP on Moon Guard, because there is something there for everyone. So go out and find it!

4 Likes

I play on MG Alliance because I wanna be where the people are. Which is, yes, ironic, since I tend to RP with a spare handful of people on a regular basis. But when they exist in a populated world that is always full of other people and events and random happenings, the burden of me and my regular RP partners having to plot out detailed nightly entertainment for ourselves is significantly less. Just going out and observing other people’s antics in the city is likely to spark conversation at least, even my characters don’t jump in. As I get older and busier and experience world-ending stresses IRL, being able to just chill in-character and mostly do reactionary social RP is a exactly my speed, and MG-A is perfect for that.

1 Like

Agree so much with this! Seeing so many people active in Stormwind makes the game feel more alive. Even when I don’t feel like RPing, I enjoy observing and seeing others around. I had the pleasure of using Musician for the first time last night - although I wasn’t involved in RP it was nice background noise while I was just hanging out.

5 Likes