Why do People use Uninstalling as if its Permanent?

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. Some for reasons such as quitting WoW and others because I got a new computer to play it on.

Maybe that’s what they mean. They’re uninstalling off their OLD computer and reinstalling it on their NEW computer.

1 Like

I don’t know, why do people assume people never quit?

Agreed, most people that quit don’t come to the forums and talk about it. And there’s probably a lot of people that say they’re quitting but are just expressing frustration with the game. But the games had over 110 million subscribers over it’s life span. And I don’t think we currently have 110 million subscribers, so one or two of them have actually left.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone assumes that. But anyone posting about it here, especially without any actual feedback or complaints beyond “g4m3 sUx” is probably just looking for attention and probably isn’t going anywhere.

It would be permanent for me 'cause my internet is slow so redownloading all those gigs is one giant head ache :sweat_smile:

But you can always ignore i quit threads… some uninstall as a sign of frustrationn… some actually have it be permanent and never return… lots have done it and never made threads on here about it… maybe if we perked up a bit, people would maybe less angry or make complaint threads about others complaining.

2 Likes

And one thing that’s completely counter productive in this situation is telling someone they have no reason to be upset. That can push them from expressing frustration to actually quitting.

2 Likes

It’s because the I quit posts are by dramatic people

See my post here

Called them out the other day

If you actually QUIT, you will delete all your characters before you uninstall, otherwise you will always be back, and it’s just a break.

1 Like

When I brushed my teeth last night, I looked at my toothbrush and said “That’s it. I’m DONE with you.”

And my toothbrush was like “If you were really done with me, you wouldn’t just put me back in that little holder on the sink next to that diffuser thing. You’d throw me in the garbage. You know you’ll be back, Dan, same time tomorrow, admit it.”

And I was like “Well played, toothbrush.”

3 Likes

Telling us how great FFXIV is, instead of just playing it.

1 Like

Have you ever had anyone say they’re done with anything in life and not be?

It’s human nature.

These forums are also not a binding contract.

People lie.

People change their mind

Take your pick

obviously for attention, and you lot are providing plenty of it.

Sometimes I want to for other reasons.

The only time a game has made me feel this way, was playing Overwatch. I have damaged a screen before. But hey, I learned something-- the person on the other end definitely, without a doubt, cannot feel it when you punch the screen.

We’ve got a guildmate who has lost a TV or two from throwing controllers out of frustration.

1 Like

Weirdest on-topic post of the day.

Because uninstalling is more than “I quit! I have had it, so I just logged out!” which means nothing.

Just fyi, you can still enjoy the game even when others are not and deciding to move on.

i’ve uninstalled when quitting not because i was quitting but because at the time my hard drive was so small i couldn’t fit a damn thing and WoW was taking up majority of the space. i have quit countless times i guess you can call it that or taking a break w.e. one you want to call it.

i really don’t quit in the sense i always assume i will be back. i think only once i tried to quit for good not really because of the game but because all my friends quit. spent some time looking for another mmorpg to play and sadly couldn’t really find one that i really liked. tried a bunch f2p and p2p like gw2, ff14, etc… not saying they are bad im just nit picky around certain areas of games that for me are a major turn off

Don’t act like you’ve never spoken to your toothbrush

… with the default of my sub isn’t expired yet or something along those lines.

Which is funny to me because if you just vented how much you hate the game can’t stand it etc …then you still hang around to post on the forums?

If I hate something that bad I want nothing to do with it anymore. Period.

1 Like

I recently uninstalled wow, but I was trying to fix a game problem. Then I reinstalled and did a bunch of other stuff and those problems went away.

Really easy to install this game.