Why do people pretend timed content is unpopular?

Exactly my thoughts

1 Like

The general consensus I’ve seen on the alpha thread is that, even on fresh runs without powers, the torments are just an annoyance.

Timers are unpopular.

it’s the #1 reason why people will not participate in Mythic+

5 Likes

I love m+ doing that. Its the affixes that work more to screwing one over rather then being fun or interesting and unreal raider IO requirements that make it frustrating to people. Like last weeks affix bolstering and explosion omg it was annoying lol

1 Like

Okay, that’s fair. I can agree with that wholeheartedly. I badly want, nay need Torghast to offer a challenge. I actively dreaded islands when I still had to do them every week because they were so mind-drainingly boring.

We do know how Torghast felt without the timer. It had no timers until this past Tuesday.

It was fun. That much hasn’t changed. What has changed is that there is now an annoyance factor, that wasn’t there in the previous build.

I’d like Torghast to actually be hard as you move up floors. Torments don’t make it hard. They make it tedious.

1 Like

Well running heroic Nyalotha once a week will be better than doing like 5-8 mythic plus dungeons every week.

Not only is it overall more time efficient but also gives better loot.

This is accurate.

Raiding is dying?

What are the rewards you get from raiding, pvp and mythic anything?

Are they different? Is one better than the others?

As for “Why do people pretend timed content is unpopular”, who are these pretenders?

I dislike the timed content because I like to look around, I like to read quests, explore, goof off.
Can’t do that on a timer.

Sometimes, you don’t even get a chance to loot and I like getting my lunch money from mobs even if they don’t have pockets and what’s a slime going to do with 15 silver anyway?

2 Likes

Really though? We can see a the total if chars with aotc and keystone master and aotc is allot higher even mythic wrathion is higher than keystone master showing more poeple partake in it than mplus. Secondly if you dont think raiding has timers then you sir have never raided

1 Like

for me i am just weary of “Time Attack” game modes. i haven’t been any good at that play style since the turn of the century. i guess i’m too over the hill for speedrunning games

Do raids nowadays still have enrage timers? Been years since i last raid.

If they still do, then raids are still timed.

Raiding isn’t dying. Maybe not as many people are doing Mythic, but it certainly isn’t dying.
Mythic+ is booming because the gear progression for time devoted is more amenable to a lot of people’s schedules.

Timed content is unpopular. Islands are not as advertised and Horrific Visions are Horrific for a reason — the timer. The timer makes sense, don’t get me wrong, but it’s really annoying. Given that we have to do the visions to upgrade the cloak (therefore it is required content), that time limit really starts to get annoying. Esp. since a failed run, while not nearly as punishing now as it was when visions first came out, is still pretty awful. Still feels like a waste of time.

1 Like

Timed stuff is stressful. Games are supposed to be fun. Stress isn’t fun. Therefor timed stuff isn’t fun?
I can only do one or two visions before I get a stressed headache. Not fun man.

This is my personal reason for not liking timed stuff. I can imagine others may share this feeling.

2 Likes

I thoroughly enjoy timed content. The challenge is am I good enough to beat this within the time limit, not do I have enough time on my hands to sit here for hours. Given enough time, anything will become easy. Why do you think practice makes perfect? When you take away that time is when the people who are actually skilled shine through

Ok, I’ll be honest, since wrath people have been saying things are a certain way and I don’t know where they get their proof from. No one will tell me and I can’t find any sources. :frowning:

I know that’s a reason why people do like it.

I just don’t, and I edited in my reason. I’m not asking to be catered for, I simply don’t do the content or limit it.

1 Like

World of Warcraft’s end game doesn’t exist on something as easy as unlimited gearing a.k.a the pity party called Mythic+.

It has always been based on raids which complete the story fleshed out in the expac from the start.

Get your facts right.

(posting in an Aviela thread and munching cookies)

:cookie:

1 Like

Source? Mythic has had low rates… Heroic and normal seem fine.

You have goldshire… /shrug