Why do people play on PVE servers?

Yea, so much fun being camped by a “brave” level 60 in STV or wherever.

3 Likes

I’m SO glad that’s not a thing in WoW.

1 Like

I am glad to cause if I have to choose, ya Ill take wow pvp.

I enjoy world pvp because I like to be on the lookout. When you get jumped while fighting a mob and still manage to kill your attacker, that’s the best.

As for ganking goes, i normally do it hoping that they say something in zone chat that they need help, people like myself like to hang out in low level zones looking for gankers to take them down and sometimes I like to be the ganker who makes everyone band together to come get me. It’s like trying to see how many people it takes to take me out.

Flying mounts ruined that though

I grew up on pvp and don’t have the time or inclination for it anymore.

2 Likes

One might call “PvE” the first QoL.

And the reasons why players play on PvE servers are the proof of that.

Well I was on a PvP server but by WotLK all the alliance had left. Our AH didn’t work and you couldn’t find groups.

RPPVP is the complete way to play an MMORPG.

An RP PVP Server with faction restriction on wpvp removed? Now that I would be interested in.

PvP servers carry an extra dynamic called: Wolf vs Sheep.
This allows for a 3rd option: the Sheppard.

Sheppard vs Wolf vs Sheep can be great. Unless you are the sheep. The role of the sheep has little to no reward. Specially when the wolf over indulges on sheep to the point of extinction. Once the sheep move on. Then the role of the Sheppard is also gone and we have wolf vs wolf.

The type of player that plays the wolf that only goes after sheep does not want wolf vs wolf.

Dead game due to PvP cannibalization of new and inexperienced players. This is why we see the FRESH servers in the pserver cycle. Those hoping to avoid being made into sheep run to the FRESH and the wolves follow.

5 Likes

I played on Lothar in vanilla which was a PVE server. I can say that I never had a feeling that I lacked the element of world PVP Horde vs Alliance. Tarren Mill vs South Shore was a regular occurrence and the other hot spots were always active (Goldshire, Crossroads, Hillsbrad, STV, Black Rock Mountain, any battle ground location and so on). It may not have always been on the same scale as PVP servers but it was never lacking. The only difference was that it was your choice (well not always there were ways around that).

2 Likes

I prefer PvE then turn off the pvp flag when i “feel for that”. Ganking is the most boring and cowardy thing… The ganker come all prepared with potions, consumables and wait until the prey attacks a quest-mob to 2 shot him is like…

Just play a Battlefront to be honest… Get some honor

1 Like

War isn’t fair. The point is world of WARcraft. Why even play vanilla then? Easy mode already exist and I expect to ganked plenty while leveling in classic.

Some people enjoy the zones and questing, rather than worry about being ganked by bored no-life level 60s

2 Likes

If you consider what people are avoiding to be “WAR”. I equate that to soldiers abandoning the front line and attacking civilians.

People that want to fight the war go to the threat.

7 Likes

Defending ganking just makes you look like a tool.

4 Likes

Oh the horror! PvP on a PvP server.

That’s not PVP. The lowbie has no chance of defending themselves.

In real life it’d be called murder.

6 Likes

Play with friends then? It’s just another obstacle to overcome and I look forward to the challenge.

No, I’d rather just not give tools like you an easy target.

I’ll be playing on PVE realms where I can actually control my fate and not have it subject to the whims of a bunch of closet psychos.

2 Likes