Why do people keep talking about the 1%? The covenants will affect everyone

Also, the thing is, if you think making the system punishing to people is going to stop min/maxing…it won’t. It will just make it harder to do, which means it punishes people who have less time than others more.

1 Like

You’re confusing elitism with toxicity. Why would I hamstring my group inviting a shadow priest that inherently does only good single target on long fights if an m+ is 90% trash. I wouldn’t invite one on tyrannical weeks when the majority of your time is spent doing trash anyway.

Why not have a standard in order to make a good/skilled group enough to down the content you want to complete with minimal issue. Why not demand that everyone have their weapons enchanted or gear gemmed, can pertain to spec/class and everything else as well.

I run with warriors and or groups with rogues for tricks/md on skittish weeks, why wouldn’t I, it makes the content more comfortable to run instead of doing one aoe and getting killed by every mob.

Just for the record before I go to bed,

I want you to know that I wouldn’t invite you to my group because you’re a Panda.

Report me.

6 Likes

Who are these magical group leaders who message you saying that you weren’t invited because of your class? I’ve never seen a group leader message people they aren’t inviting they just fill the group and start. Offer is still open for about 10 more mins before I get bored and go back to farming Lillia

<1% need to do it. >99% parrot and imitate and assume its the only way to play.

2 Likes

Yes, but no neutral legendaries have been datamined. Some legendaries are inspired by Torghast powers, but they’re still class specific.

To craft Legendary armor, you’ll first need to retrieve specific memories that contain Legendary powers. These memories can be found all over Shadowlands – from questing, running dungeons with friends, fighting against the enemy faction, or defeating powerful foes in Castle Nathria and the Maw, there will be plenty of work for the bravest of champions to do in order to collect them all.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-runecarving/579744

1. Blizzard didn’t mention Covenants being relevant to collecting them at all. Be kinda weird to not mention such a central piece of the expansion not being relevant in legendary collecting.
  2. If they were Covenant specific, you could hardly collect them all, could you?

What you are saying is “why shouldnt you always roflstomp m+ with 3x BM hunters and instead have a more balanced comp”

And because you dont need to, you can do the same content with an spriest there for example if the week doesnt make interrupts mandatory.

You arent wrong, you can roflstomp easymode most content if you stack broken fotm classes, the issue with that though is that it creates this unhealthy community perception where toxic people aka wannabe elites start thinking “we cant do m+15 without 3x bm huntards”

That is a false statement and mentality as it is factually true that you can do a m15 with any spec in the game.

The issue is these people taking the m29 comb and making it mandatory for a m15, it is far more complicated than “I just want to brainlessly roflstomp my m+ with 3x bm hunters” because it often leads to said community problems.

If the community wasnt so toxic I believe covenants wouldnt need to be locked, but because it is, it is exactly why they are locked and why I am against any attempt to turn them into a talent because it will lead to. “Need 3x venthyr”

Man I hate it when you @ me because I respect you still too much

I think later on we should make a covenant discussion post so we can have a nice gentleman’s talk over the whole situation

I really do like the fact that there is someone with the opposite opinion to me on the subject that isn’t coming from a place of malice at all to the player base and makes it possible to have those discussions

To be honest I avoid oce/aus players, even if they have a 5k io, lag and communication but mostly just lag bothers me the most. Why would I hinder my group with a healer that has 300 ms or a tank the same deal. It’s just habit anymore, it has nothing to do with race but more so with how blizzard connects their realms.

Personally aus should be with eu and oceanic should be it’s own region even if they lack players to queue with but heck just limit them to premade stuff, the only things you can queue for anyway are bgs and dungeons anyway so just make that the only thing that connects people with other regions. Basically all I’m doing is adding an advanced filter onto the already established system to tweak it even further.

1 Like

I honestly view it as both as elitist and toxic. But understand this is because I view elitism as toxic. I personally feel it’s a type of behavior that creates an unhealthy environment and is extremely contagious because it is sadly rewarded to be that way. By unhealthy I mean it promotes things like exclusion and judgement. It makes a game start to feel more like the real world and less like a fantasy one where I go to escape such nonsense and just relax and have fun.

I acknowledge and accept our views are different on this. That is fine.

1 Like

Anyone ever actually been in these exclusive 3xBM hunter +15 keys that are so common?

I don’t do that, I go by experience/skill and gear which includes raiderio and raiding experience. So yes there are people that require or class stack, most of which that are any good are only going to be 1% of the player base. If you have some noob doing a 15 key tell them they’re dumb for all I care. But most if all people I meet at a 2500-4k rating don’t abide by that at all what so ever, they invite skill, not the class.

I don’t mind there being more of a casual or relaxed I guess would be the better word for it mentality or feel to the game but when you put people together there will be a competitive nature to it no matter what. No matter where you go there will be people that want to do better than someone else in game or real life, there’s no getting around that.

As far as I’m concerned most people don’t look for people in their bracket, they look for people to carry them, then they get booted for being bad and threads like these happen complaining about the toxic player that booted them taking the victim card when it was their own fault.

1 Like

Hmm. Well, the interview where they talked about Covenant legendary affixes was more than a month or so ago, so maybe by the time they finalized what they could actually bite off, they realized it wasn’t reasonable to fit Covenant affixes in at launch. To note, it does say “To start”, and Blizzard has also said they’re keeping an eye on what Torghast affixes are popular as future possible inclusions as legendary affixes.

I’m actually kind of bummed. Having said that, Covenants are already going to have a lot of moving pieces, so perhaps Blizzard didn’t want to introduce extra balls too early.

Nope and in fact I wouldn’t want to since hunters have long cd interrupts and unlike mdi teams the average pug doesn’t have every kick mapped out crazily enough.

1 Like

Me either. And Ralphy is a Shadow Priest so he hasn’t either…

Wonder how he knows they exist?

1 Like

Yeah I do the same, dont even both with classes so I focus on if that person is experienced and skilled enough based on their io page so they wont cause us problems since I dont need to stack since I dont do 29s.

For example I was invited to pugs many times and then I see they invite some DH who is perceived to be broken by the community, who had moderately good IO yet somehow was getting outdpsed by an spriest in aoe consistently which again goes to show, community perceptions are irrelevant but when a big number of the community works based on community perceptions we have issues.

The issue is far more complex in the sense that what we do have trickle down effects that leads to average players who are toxic wannabe elitists causing problems to the rest of the community thanks to their ignorance and false community perceptions.

And the idea is, by forcing these people to be unable to be optimal at all situations(aka changing covenats, talents, gear before each boss, dungeon) we might make them realize that you dont need to class stack or have bis covenant to do X content.

1 Like

Maybe, except I make these threads too and currently. I’m not playing simply because I don’t really got a lot to do in game right now. I Don’t like the group environment because what the competitive part of the game has created. I don’t exactly get booted or anything but I take each moment in fear that I might make a mistake. As i watch time and time again the guy next to me make a mistake and get chastised for it. It really doesn’t feel good. That type of stressful enviroment in a video game shouldn’t be a thing. It’s suppose to be an entertainment thing. Which means stress relief… not adding to it.

1 Like

If this hasn’t happened in 15 years with all the various systems we’ve had that have resulted in many suboptimal builds, how on earth do you think that will happen now?

Optimal play makes completing content easier at all levels. That’s always going to be true and some people value that. You aren’t going to change that. Bring a skilled player on a full BiS character and he will contribute more to the group than a skilled player on a suboptimal character. It is totally okay to want the full BiS player.

You don’t have to, you can invite whoever you want. But keep your hands of someone else’s keystone. You sound like those old men trying to decide women’s reproductive rights for them.

6 Likes

Like it’s not impossible, they still haven’t datamined Rogue, DH or Druid or Paladin legendaries yet. Neutrals aren’t off the table, and they might expand how many exist, like they did in Legion.

But I doubt they’re going to do it, since the Legion Neutrals were incredibly unpopular.