Why do people ignore FF14's issues?

TO be fair on this point. WoW’s “challenging” dungeon content comes from doing the same dungeons over and over just on higher difficulties. They’re not mechanically difficult, and only become hard as the numbers become bigger.

This is how I got through ARR. Decided it was cheaper to just be able to make my own gear so I started leatherworking. 15 levels into LW, I realized I needed the rest of the crafting classes to not have to spend tons of money on mats. So I’d knock out some story, go do crafting when I needed a break, run around and RP, knock out side quests, etc.

Never had this problem. Not saying you didn’t, but I’ve never found FFXIV to be lacking in social aspects or community.

2 Likes

FF14 does have some pretty horrendous content droughts. That’s actually the reason I hopped over to WoW because they were having an expansion release while FFXIV was still on the same content from almost a year ago. But I imagine this is the type of territory that comes with MMOs.

Most of the armor is cosmetic, and ultimately won’t help you with your in-game experience.

1 Like

FF14 kinda gets away with it by having “story” patches that add a bunch of story quests but only maybe like 1 dungeon and some updaets to whatever side activity they went with (eureka bozjan etc)

End game armor progression is super dull in both ff14 and wow but at least ff14 dosnt jerk me around with it.

This is part of the character boost. If you want to boost from scratch, you’re doing both. Let’s not list it separately. Also, WoW doesn’t even bother having you do 80% of the story anymore, since Chromie Time is a thing.

FFXIV patches are a lot more consistent than WoW patches. And they’re only 3 months into the current patch. Hardly a drought.

I -DO- think FFXIV has a lot of issues. There’s a reason I can only stand to play it for roughly 1-2 months per expansion. But it’s very subjective and what I see as an issue might be a boon to someone else.

1 Like

I’m sure players that have issues with their game discuss it plenty enough on their game forum

i wont say for certain youll find a job you like, just that the classes early on are much much simpler and duller compared to max level. I think both ff14 and wow struggle with having meaningful depth in their class design. Summoner is a good pick i think its one of the more skillful jobs. Definitely stay away from tanks and healers though as they are super simple and jobs are very homogenous within their respective role. In that respect i will agree wow classes are much better.

1 Like

isn’t the problem with that is that anyone who criticizes the devs get banned and that some become borderline cultish (Yoshida’s Witnesses)

It would be one thing to try something new, it flop or was relatively unsuccessful, then try a different approach…yet the wow devs INSIST they are right. THEIR vision is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CORRECT for wow and it’s players. They flat out refuse to acknowledge their failure and move on from it. They consistently double down on bad decisions.

Feels like it’s easier to let go of things that don’t exist but wish they did over things that do exist in spite of all the negativity surrounding it.

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I’m not sure what FF14 issues are as I’ve never touched it nor plan to. Seeing their little cult talking it up on a WOW forum has been…interesting to say the least.

1 Like

You mean people are pointing out how another game is doing MMO things better than wow, the king of MMOs for almost 2 decades?

In farness, D3 at release was a huuuuuuuuuge disappointment. There was no loot! We were expected to grind gold or just pay real $ and buy everything. Initially PoE had it right, with all kinds of cool currency combos and trading.

The thing that blows my mind is that while Blizzard was removing the market from D3, adding seasons, and fixing the game so that it became really fun, GGG was busy ruining theirs by putting in player trading.

2 Likes

Sorry I don’t speak emoji. Makes things like “no u” appear downright intellectual, sheesh.

1 Like

So with all these FF14 discussions popping up left and right, a recurring theme I keep seeing is:

Is there any truth to this? Or just forums exaggerations since FF14 is the “hot” topic lately?

You have no idea the depth any give FFXIV job has do you? That’s why I facepalmed my hand through my head…

Maybe I shouldn’t be so harsh. You honestly don’t know any better.

In terms of “in game” there’s definitely a difference and it’s in favor of FF. People ARE nicer there. I’ve not been in a single dungeon where at least 1 or 2 people didn’t at least say hello AND gg after the run.

Come on man, I need a little better example than that :stuck_out_tongue:

When I pug in WoW (in retail), it’s fairly common for everyone to briefly say “hi” at the start of a run and “gg” at the end of a run.

1 Like

Yes, hunters actually may have the best pvp legendary, stratagem is insanely good. Easily top 3

I can also say wipes are much more tolerated. Wipes are much much less common in dungeons but I’ve seen a few wipes in a trail (kind of a mini raid). People are much more tolerable and friendly when a wipe happens. It’s more “let’s pick it up and do better” rather than the rage I saw in wow.

2 Likes

Admittedly they’re nicer because being toxic can get you in more trouble there then in WoW. Especially when dps is brought up if people look into getting the dps meter.