Why do people have an issue with boosting?

:confounded: :confounded:

oooof

Real talk, for PvE it may not be a big deal, but for PvP it’s literal pay to win.

You can be absolute trash at the game but if you’re in 2100 gear you will demolish a player in full Honor or 1400-1600 gear while barely lifting a finger.

The massive PvP iLvl gaps leave little room for outplays in its current state. Right now PvP is a massive gearcheck & win/lose at matchmaking.

44 Likes

Uh actually, I hate to be “THAT” guy but blizzard reduced the item level gap this patch drastically. So you can’t use that excuse anymore, my guy. It’s time to knuckle up and farm that rating. Get that Duelist finally. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Never occured to me that a 4 iLvl difference is considered “drastic.” Math is amazing.

Meanwhile my Rogue is cleaving people down 1 v 3 with blade flurry / killing spree, not because i’m good, but because I have a gear advantage.

9 Likes

Lets say you worked all summer long to earn enough cash to buy a new car. You finally get it and it feels awesome, a real accomplishment. Then your friend pulls up in the same care that his dad bought for him on a whim because he’s loaded with cash. Normally, you should still feel good about the work you put in to get that car but somehow the achievement is diminished.

That’s why people don’t like boosters.

It’s petty, it’s silly, and it’s very human.

19 Likes

I mean, be content that blizzard changed anything at all. They could have basically told you all to go and eat cake. :flushed:

Pretty sure many left to eat cake somewhere else.

9 Likes

I don’t think so. You never quit WoW. WoW quits you.

I don’t like the memes, but the memes like me.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love that they’ve uncapped Conquest & added BoA Conquest loot boxes, but this just “makes the rich richer.”

Problem with PvP right now is it’s extremely unwelcoming to newblood.

Why would someone new to PvP stick around when they get globalled over and over, finally get their full honor/233 set. step into rated, then rinse and repeat against boosters.

Players like me are doing fine, what we’re worried about is the overall health of PvP as a whole. Casual PvP’rs vastly outnumber Rated PvP’rs, if you start killing them off then you also kill our content.

6 Likes

So i’ll probably get roasted for making this statement, but I mean it’s the arena forums so meh.

But that is why you want to push you’re rating as high as you can early in the season. I hit Duelist 2100 about two months ago and now just sitting rating for the rest of the season and just reaping the rewards.

1 Like

All in how you see things. I personally wouldn’t value my friend’s car the same as the one I worked for, so my feeling of achievement is greater since I did it myself.

1 Like

First off, let me state clearly I do not hate boosters/carriers, I dislike boosting/carrying. It’s not people, it’s the action.

And these are my reasons:

A) It breaks the integrity of the game.
Titles, mount, achievement are framed in the game as items to be earned, not bought. When you buy them, you are breaking the frame, and therefore the integrity, of the game.

B) It is unethical.
It’s like me paying my grandson RL money to give me Boardwalk in Monopoly. It is corrupt behaviour based on a corrupt ideology that money should entitle people to anything they want. (Which is what led to the 2019 college admissions bribery scandal.)

C) It is dishonest.
Since the in-game framing is that those items are earned, it makes it look like the buyer earned them when they did not.

D) It casts doubt on, tarnishing, rewards earned legitimately.

Now I am casual solo so none of it effects me in the least but that doesn’t mean I can’t look at this behaviour and see it is a corruption of the game.

And sad, because if folks are willing to sell out their integrity for a title in a game, they must be easily corrupted for real rewards in RL and last thing the world needs right now is more ethically-challenged people.

22 Likes

Can’t see why you would get roasted, that’s just straight facts in regards to how PvP gearing is designed at the moment.

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Your definitely new around here aren’t cha’.

1 Like

Half the hate I do see for sure lol.

There is them and their crew. all 25 hand picked. Even the last spot 25 was picked because raiderio said they were a mere 2 points better than the other person.

And they are still working on that goal.

and their is the carry crew. Hey guys…We need gold. How many spots can we have dead weight carries and still bang this out like clockwork.

3, we know you we can do this 22 peeps.

and up goes 3 slots for sale. Sit there and look pretty…as you’d probably mess up our mojo.

well most people don’t have much money and not only that but because of booster there isn’t much people willing to have have fun in the starting zones and enjoy the experience in game you get lvling up your character.

at least that is i think people see it, personally i am with you i don’t see nothing wrong with boosters because i still see people playing starting zones and i still see people enjoying the lvling experience along the road.

thing is it is more fun if you have friends to join you and well?..

(here is a sad truth a lot of people in wow don’t have friends)

gamers take alot of pride in achievement and boosting just destroys that completely

3 Likes

1 Like

Why I avoid normal bgs alot lol. Eye of the storm gravity brawl I faired better. If only because when fit hit the shan…I could if lucky pull a disengage, gravity leap and get the hell out of that mess not via graveyard express.

Its normal arathi. Not comp stomp. Watch the lumber mill.

Sure…180 ilevel since I woke up the alt recently. This will end well.

In comes the warrior and he does horrible things to me.

Why’d you lose the point, dude?

Umm…he killed me before I could even say “BS has incoming” in chat.