Why do people get upset when they have to PvE to PvP?

The best players in this game excel at PvE and PvP. If you want to be a one trick pony, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage. Its time to accept this and adapt or stop playing altogether.

I don’t raid but I like M+. I know that I will never have the raid specific trinkets, corruptions and azerite traits. And that is okay. The players who are more dedicated than me deserve their advantage.

4 Likes

No.

/10char

70 Likes

And people like this is why pvp sucks right now

104 Likes

Every good pvper can be a great raider, but not every raider can be a good pvper.

If anyone is 1 trick ponies it’s the dragon slayers.

85 Likes

I just assume they didn’t play from TBC to Legion. It’s also a disingenuous question that they aren’t really looking to have answered.

8 Likes

You don’t have to do both to get the best gear for PvP, you just have to PvE. That’s the problem. Aside from conflict/strife and blood of the enemy, PvE’ers have no reason to do content they don’t like while we have every reason to.

41 Likes

Even then they can get it from casual play, we have to settle for subpar if we only grab the op pieces from the heroic raid and not mythic.

3 Likes

Hrm, if that is so then why did the duelist rogue I fought a few days ago that has done mythic 26 and 12/12 mythic raid use medallion to break sap and then die because of that?

That dude absolutely doesn’t deserve an advantage over me and if he is “one of the best” then he shouldn’t need one.

10 Likes

Several reasons why I dont enjoy PvE as much as PvP…

PvP doesn’t require any prerequisites
no boss fights to learn, no food potions flasks to create/buy, and no set times by which I need to commit to throughout the week to raid (which works within my busy and unpredictable lifestyle)

PvP doesn’t involve grinding
no boring and repeatable dailies or quest-chains to complete

Time
the very little time that I would rather spend doing PvP is instead being used on PvE in order to gear for PvP. This is particularly awful when gearing, and it means that the process is repeated for every alt I want to use in PvP.

This has been the first expansion where I didnt have the time or patience to gear any more than a single alt; and even then he’s less geared than my priest, and therefore wouldnt be able to be competitive for said reasons above.

16 Likes

or

because you can be what

Fixed this for you.

9 Likes

my guy, you’re only saying this because ret BiS isn’t mythic raiding required lol

4 Likes

People who are PvE-only are just as bad as PvP-only people. They also whine about having to do anything that is not their preferred game mode.

2 Likes

That’s nice, but you’re glossing over how you said that the best players are expected to do both when in reality, it’s just PvP’ers who are expected to PvE. The reverse isn’t true.

36 Likes

When I raided the hardest difficulty in the game years ago because I actually felt like raiding at the time, PvE gear wasn’t even the best gear in PvP for the most part. I had to have a PvE set and farm a conquest set as well if I wanted to not be irrelevant in PvP.

Only vanilla and BfA cater to PvE this much in PvP.

4 Likes

We are paying for this game right, so people should only play the content they prefer, rather than being coerced into crap they don’t like solely to pad MAUs. You really don’t see any issue in PvPers who only like PvP being considerably weaker if they participate only in PvP content? That should be the case only if they attempt to cross platforms, PvP to PvE or vice versa.

Having a PvP specific stat on gear or having gear scale up in combat like it did WoD is a much better system than this “gear is universal” bullsh!t. Newsflash, its not equal. It is much easier and faster to gear through PvE than what can be achieved through PvP.

PvP gear should be best for use in PvP, and PvE should be best for use in PvE. Actiblizz devs are so worthless they can’t even balance PvE encounters, yet you see no problem when PvP gear is chained to PvE standards? They need to separate the two for the betterment of both sides.

16 Likes

We have limited playtime.

Ideally, we spend most of our game time doing something we enjoy, i.e. PvP. In previous expansions, we could gear up for PvP via PvP.

In BFA, we now have to spend our time doing PvE, and then we can PvP. We’re being asked to do all the stuff that PvEers have to do, in addition to the PvP that we normally do. That’s not reasonable.

Does Blizzard think PvPers have a lot more time compared to PvEers, so it’s ok to make PvPers pull double duty?

29 Likes

I’m 32 years old with a career, that has become very busy because of the pandemic. I would rather when I play it’s play and not chores.

The moment a game comes out with pvp better than wow, I am gone.

10 Likes

This crazy idea that you should play the part of the game that you enjoy :roll_eyes: we all pay 15$ a month to do a bunch of chores before we can have fun… Like what are you even talking about?

Also nice… You upgraded. Two PvP items. Almost makes believe you care about PvP. Still got to try harder than that though :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I just don’t have time for people who think the game should be designed around their niche playstyle. Arena junkies who yearn for PvP vendors are no better than raid loggers who don’t want to step into a M+ dungeon. This is the World of War Craft not World of Arena or World of Raids. The game needs to have a consistent theme and that theme is gear. The gear is and should remain universal so players are encouraged to experience all facets of this great game instead of retreating into their own backyard and building fences.

1 Like

Whose doing that? Like it’s a good thing vendors are coming back and this whole have to do both is going bye bye.
You just like having an advantage and that is it.

5 Likes