Why do people defend pathfinder?

This was before the days of drip feed chores though. The diablo team only knows that style of gameplay, the titans who designed this game and made it great are long gone. Instead we have mobile game developers and feckless game directors driving the game off a cliff.

I deeply regret my purchase of SL, I made it before the head muppet got booed off the stage at blizzcon for sticking with failed ideas. Such is life though.

4 Likes

So Pathfinder.

Yup, the titans that forgot to include quests past lvl 52. That forgot to add anything to do at lvl 60. The dudes that admitted that some classes were just better than others because they didn’t have time to finish some specs, that couldn’t figure out that cthuun was impossible… good times…

The focus has changed from the adventure/ leveling experience to end game content. Raids, keys, and pvp.

I don’t disagree that more focus could go back to the world, but then again, from the way you all talk you don’t have warmode so the world is not dangerous when you are alone killing 10 golems. And don’t do any of the end game content so there appears to be a lot of spare time.

Only If you take what you quoted and dismiss everything else I have posted throught this entire thread.

You will see my thoughts have changed since I first posted in this thread. No, not pathfinder, to unlock flying, but Hazards to make flying difficult, not impossible or non-existant.

Because making flying hazardous when we are in a time of the Net-O-Matic is actually dumber, and you have people complaining about how Blizzard is punishing people that dont do content.

On top of that, giving quests for flying might give Blizzard incentive to put completions in dungeons/raids.

“To unlock safe flying, kill the final raid boss of the opening raid on Normal or higher.”

While naked, riding Invincible and attaining exalted the Reforged Argent Dawn.

2 Likes

To unlock safe flying in Hjermadall, you must achieve exalted with Hjermadall rep to unlock its questline

1 Like

We should probably stop before they see this and think “There is an idea so good, how can we not implement it immediately!”

1 Like

Its basically pathfinder just worse.

Why would Blizzard do that, I do not think Blizzard is really that insane, that they would force player, to do content, that has nothing to do with flying, and would not benefit from flying.

Ok I concede, we are talking about Blizzard here. But then again, I am trying to be an optimist here, and believe that, if Blizzard did go with something like this, if the content was in instances that could be soloed.

I think actually someone mentioned, at least the dungeons in Shadowlands can be soloed? So if that were so, then, as long as the quest items can be collected through solo content, I would be good with that.

Especially if Blizzard did decide that every character would have to do the flight training, to learn how to detect, diminish, or negate flying hazards.

These quest should be side quests you can do as you are leveling your alts, while doing the covenant campaigns.

1 Like

Because timegating. You have to realize that the plan of Blizzard is to extend current sub time, so you have to experience the carrot on the stick.

Thats why pathfinder is the way it is.

People had to do profession quests and do dungeons/raids…I dont see why they wouldnt extend the potential of safe flying quests in there either.

Pathfinder is soloable…its the least painful way Blizzard can timegate flying.

Torogus can be, not the dungeons.

You mean the Naz profession quests? Ok, go run the eight-boss raid to collect 40 X that only drops one per boss at a 100% chance.

Wait…that has to be a joke…right?

2 Likes

My point being is that:

Having flying to be unsafe until they do some questline to make is safe is bad as Pathfinder/or is worse than Pathfinder because:

A) It makes flying super frustrating without that questline done (oh boy, I just fell to my death because my dragon mount got scared by a butterfly in the air)

B) Blizzard would have changed a core mechanic of the game, one that is loved by a lot of players…for no reason

C) The questline would be timegated/repgated to ensure the sub extention.

D. Go back to regarding using flying mounts and ground mounts as mere transportation and start making content that is worth traveling to and from to do.

2 Likes

I wish these forums had a way to like a post more than once.

3 Likes

You cannot reverse how people view flying without a systems change, and that would be unpopular.

Dungeons, raids, gathering, world events, and wpvp aren’t worth doing? You are probably just in the wrong game.

Blizz has the ability to poll the user base to find out which contingent on flying has the numbers. If they had the numbers on their side, you can bet your last gold coin they would be trotting them out.

They desperately want to remove flying and barring that, gate it behind a bunch of spiteful crap.

The truth is they know the vast majority of the player base would have preferred they left flight alone and are just counting on lack of competition and the fallacy of sunk cost to keep people subscribed.

4 Likes

Look Pathfinder, stops flying all together. I am talking about allowing flying with limitations, very temporary limitations, from just after you enter each region. You will not be able to fly high, fast or straight, for a little while.

Which is completely different then not being able to fly at all, which is what Pathfinder does. Flying with hazards, means you have to be careful, you have to look around you, and who knows what Vistas you you will see, as you are looking around you. Find an outcropping, land, and take in the view, while listening to hopefully really decent zone music.

They know that but the systems change comes from a goal change of how WoW is run. The corporate goal of WoW is to keep subscribers and make money of the store, you keep subscribers by giving them reasons to keep subbed.

Thats why timegating has been as widespread in these last two expacs as anything else.

So we can all sit here and lavish about how wonderful flying in TBC/WotLK was with the license system…but the issue is that cannot exist in the current goal environment that WoW is in.

Which was my point, that if we would go back to the license system…the license would probably have a huge price bloat/gold sink to compete with how inflated gold is now.

So instead of the simple 5000 gold we have for the past two tiers…it could be 500,000 gold. Thats how it would potential work in this new environment.