Why do people defend pathfinder?

Just don’t fly is absolutely a viable option. People like you are just so selfish you can’t have fun unless everybody plays the way you do.

2 Likes

Solved by: don’t like flying then use a ground mount.

1 Like

But flying doesn’t just unlock. That would be a good compromise between those who like to stay on the ground and those who want flying. I don’t mind the timegate. I mind the requirements especially the rep and WQs required to be done. This is content I probably would even like with flying but don’t want to do without.

Flying worked right at max level for 8 years. It’s only an issue because Blizzard made it an issue. Now you come in here talking about “earning” flying when it’s nothing challenging. It’s just a test of tedium and patience. Earning it is a fallacy.

6 Likes

The development team shrank in both talent and numbers, the ones remaining struggled to implement complex systems as well as their predecessors. A decision was made to make it easier on these poor souls and save some money.

Blizz got their hand slapped and implemented a nice little spite gate for everyone to grind through in revenge.

Change my mind.

8 Likes

It’s not entirely fair to say they can just use a ground mount. In a lot of instances it’s true, but in cases of resource competition with a flyer it puts them at a significant disadvantage. They could run ground mounts until they find themselves in competition where they need to use a flying mount (like trying to get to a rare before it dies), but they’d still need to complete PF.

I think it’s an argument against PF. If you want to compete in outside content, you either deal with a lot of frustration or you do it. Which means it’s not really optional, and since it’s pretty involved it puts the game on a rail. Might not matter if you enjoy hack and slash and repetitive content, but a lot of people don’t play that way (look at loremaster completion rates of around 30% before PF).

Good one…
Unfortunately the opinion of people who get stuck on rocks is lessened for me.

I don’t remember riding into your head. Apologies, it was not intended.

2 Likes

They can also walk. Hey, they can even slow walk!

1 Like

Player flight is transportation, not content.

2 Likes

Until you make it the reward for all other chore level content. Then you magically don’t have to write a decent story or innovate, you can just trot out the same old tired crap and you know people will do it because you made the world intolerable without it.

4 Likes

Give flying to a character, just after they enter a region. Make flying hazardous. Create a side quest chain, for each region, with Region Quests, aka World Quests, that offer a variety of rewards to choose from.

Make it so each character, must do it, or only one, like only one character has to do the tutorial lineal Covenant quest line, to unlock Covenant Campaign for all alts.

The Quest chain will stop the flock of Pepe from scaring your mount so it goes eeeek, spuff, and disappears out from under you.

By the time you finish the training, you can detect, and diminish, most flying hazards, and negate some completely, within a Region, without the need for flight buffs, though if you want to completely negate Flying hazards for a period of time, the buffs will help you.

Very well stated Palra. This is why I don’t buy expansions anymore.

2 Likes

I wish the devs would see this post with almost 400 likes on it and maybe consider making literally any changes to Pathfinder at all instead of continuing with it as usual.

But at the same time after 3 expansions of having to suffer through it my hopes are pretty thin that that would happen.

1 Like

That would require they admit they made a mistake. I notice that both you and I are blue from holding our breath while waiting for that little miracle to happen…:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’d be okay with Pathfinder (well I am now, but!) IF:

1. they took away pathfinder part 2
  2. they gave you flying as soon as you completed pathfinder part 1 (assuming max level)
  3. slow the leveling process down so it doesn’t just take 2-3 days to max out. Make it back like it was in wrath. 79-80 took as long as 75-79 did
4 Likes

I just keep checking back to see if literally anything has been said or changed about Pathfinder, I am desperately crossing my fingers. But then I always just get depressed and go back to being sad I can’t play/enjoy my favorite game anymore because Pathfinder exists.

BC/Wrath servers cannot come soon enough, please Blizzard! It seems like my only hope left to be able to enjoy the WoW I knew and loved again.

I hate the time gated rep grinds but I’d accept literally any changes to Pathfinder at this point like the ones you listed. Anything to make it less miserable to do than it already is.

1 Like

This post almost made me cry.

2 Likes

Right? I feel you so hard on that :cry:

2 Likes

This would require making substantially more innovative and original content. Vanilla-MoP frankly had tons and tons of content; acres and acres of real estate and, it was possible to level your main and several alts without repeating content! The only time-gates were heroics and raids.

And. . . you could fly at max level for the better part of the expansion (built in at launch, you could fly the moment you maxed and paid the gold).

2 Likes