Why do people defend pathfinder?

Staying silent is the only sure way things never change.

Don’t like flying? Don’t fly or go play classic.

4 Likes

That’s not how life works. You’ll understand when you’re older.

1 Like

My posts must be getting to you. All I’m doing is posting my opinion and you just can’t help but reply to me. Wonder what nonsense you’ll say next?

2 Likes

If it truly was a small contingent of players, flight would never have returned via pathfinder. We’d have never seen flying in any new expansion again.

Removal of flying was the single biggest reason WoW lost millions of subs in a few short days.

5 Likes

My posts must be getting to you. All I’m doing is posting my opinion and you just can’t help but reply to me. Wonder what nonsense you’ll say next?

That was like five years ago and resulted in Pathfinder. I’m talking about now.

There really is not anything compelling about the content of BFA, and the past 2 expansions really, nothing dynamic anyway, that would compel you to complete the content, become a Loremaster, or even try to reach Revered, with even half the faction, if flying was not locked behind it?

Ok that is the negative comment out of the way, so some things Blizzard could change, that have already been mentioned on this forum, but many people, long before any youtube bloggers spoke up.

Blizzard is already changing a few things this shadowlands expansion. Alt friendly content. My personal perception of what that means, is I should be able to develop, say a minimum of 4 Alt characters, and a main.

Equip them, using different sources, Player crafting, Dungeons and Raids, PVP, maybe even Covenant NPC crafted, and upgradable equipment. That would make the Covenants really useful, for the entire expansion.

Or only one of those sources, with comparable end of expansion equipment, to all other sources in the same amount of time it should take someone who is doing only the most difficult M+ Dungeons and Raids, to equip there minimum 4 Alt Characters, and one main.

Reward Choices in Dungeon and Raid Instances. Player crafting, of viable end of expansion equipment. How many slots I do not know yet. All slots Legendary? PVP equipment Vendors?

These are all PF, “Player Franchise” options, are these options unreasonable? As for flight, in a region, give the main character flight, as they start in each Covenant region, and a decent quest chain to overcome each Regions flying hazards, which also includes doing Region (World) Quest.

Make these Region Quest’s Rewards similar to Dungeons and Raids. You get to choose from a variety of reward types. A piece of armor, a generous amount of a crafting material, (this would make these Region Quests viable repeatable content for gatherers, and crafters, as a viable source of crafting material, for leveling Professions, and crafting equipment.) Gold, and while you need them, potions or scrolls, or items that are consumed and give you a buff, which will help you to temporarily detect, diminish or negate the negative effects of the flying hazards.

Once you can craft your own flight buff consumables, for your own use, and/or for sale on the auction house, that will be better then any consumables, offered as a reward from a Region Quest.

Once you have done all the Flight Training quests for that region, (it might take two or three weeks of Region Quests, remember, you should be able to choose alternate rewards when completing Region Quests.)

Gold, Armor, to be broken down into a variety of crafting materials, instead of choosing a Region Quest reward which is just a generous amount of one type of crating resource.

Doing the Covenant tour Lineal Quest Line, that only needs to be done in its entirety, by that main character, so a player can learn about each of the Covenants, their strengths and weeknesses, and the Covenant systems.

After that all alts should be able to skip the end game and Covenant campaign Story Arcs, so a player can experience all of the content, from each different Covenants perspective, through to final patch, end game content, without having to compromise on any one characters progression, equipment, upgrading, Covenant story arc, et cetera.

After running that main character through the Covenant Tutorial, and completing all the flight training on that main, for all the regions, flying unlocks for every character, on an account. To fully negate, some of the hazards, each character is still going to have to, use flight buff consumables, either player, or crafted by a Covenant NPC. The consumables, which are some of the rewards, you should be able to choose from, when completing Region Quests, will not be as good a player or Covenant NPC crafted Flying Buff Consumables.

One of these consumables could give you a debuff Aura, so that when you accidentally, or deliberately fly into a flock of aggressive creatures, there immunity or resistance to flying hazards are reduced.

How much of that is wishful thinking Blizzard?

Yes we can do something, “Speeker of the Devs”

Do you think that the Devs will be that spiteful “Speeker of the Devs”?
Are my concerns about World of Warcraft’s future iterations justified “Speek of the Devs”?

Do you mean the Devs like it because it is perfert, or because it will be to much trouble, if they openly admit, it is not.

Which of cause means it does need to be updated in some way, or removed and replaced with something else, entire.

What came first, World of Warcraft, or Pathfinder. They are shaping World of Warcraft to Pathfinder.

Before there was Pathfinder, there was World of Warcraft, this is not a what came first, the chicken or the egg scenario.

What we have here is PF "Pathfinder, taking away PF “Player Franchise” very, very, very, dangerous, Business model, when a mechanism, PF “Pathfinder”, is put in place to block a PF “Player Franchise”, in this case, Flying, a ligitimate feature that allow PF “Player Franchise,” are you getting me “Speeker of the Devs”

That was petty, even for you, and you can tell how low, I think your opinions are, by reading mine, “Speeker of the Devs”

Yes which is very similar to how it worked in Cata. The difference is in Cata the Cata leveling zones were nested and surrounded by other zones in the world. But players didn’t like how disjointed the zones were and prefered the BC/WotLk model which is why that is what has been used for MoP, WoD, Legion and BFA.

Shadowlands is taking a big risk to have four maps that are separate from one another. Maybe that changes but that is what they indicated at Blizzon the intent.

1 Like

Ok so what do you think the reason for it is?

Agreed, but we haven’t both, have we?

1 Like

I like to think I have a good amount of rare flying mounts, and I like pathfinder just fine.

The game happens on the ground. air travel is just a convenient back-and-forth.

2 Likes

The same could be said of ground mounts. Should those be withheld for half the expansion too?

Flight has now become the entire object of the game. World of Pathfinder.

I preferred flight as merely an alternative to ground travel, as we enjoyed it for 10 years.

3 Likes

Then lets spice it up shall we, make it viable to have flying as part of a Covenant Regions leveling experience, an important part of a players PF “Player Franchise.”

… to be continued

1 Like

In the end it’s about time. How much time is appropriate to complete “today’s world quests”? Once the content is completed there just really isn’t a justification for continued ground mounts. I know Nola’s little turtles getting to the shore is serious business, but is it really a big deal if I fly to her?

1 Like

These factions should be grinding to make me like them, not the other way around. I AM the Champion, they are nothing.

That is a hyperbolic argument. Flying mounts very much alter the experience of the game, ground mounts not so much.

No, flight is being offered as the reward for experiencing the object of the game. Which is the zones, storyline, and main world activities.

From the forums, it seems like a lot of people only have fun when they have flying, and I don’t understand how it is such an integral factor for enjoyment. Faster is nice, but the game was just fine without it, and I play with warmode on both factions which is the most inconvenient way to play.

1 Like

I hardly think so.

The fact that you don’t see a problem with this is very troubling.

But it doesn’t change my mind one little bit. Happily other games that offer player flight just let players use it.

For most of the life of this game, player travel has been gated by player level.

40 ground mount
60 epic ground mount
70 flight
80 fast flight

Cata reworked this:

20 ground mount
40 epic ground mount
60 flight
70 faster flight
80 epic flight.

It is nonsensical to restrict player use of flying mounts and not ground mounts. And it’s nonsensical to make the entire game revolve around regaining the ability to use the flying mounts you got in 2007 and thereafter.

Pathfinder is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Um, thanks for agreeing with me? lol